“Great hot dogs”

Dat Dog
Ranked #86 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Gourmet hot dogs from around the world with personalized toppings, fries to die for. We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and family friendly atmosphere.
Texas
“Great hot dogs”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a chili cheese hot dog and it was delicious. I also had the bacon ranch fries and they seemed a bit salty. The fries were frozen so that doesn't appeal to me much. I would definitely go back for a hot dog. It's close to Mahoney's and parking is crazy so don't try to go during peak hours unless you want to walk a bit. Service was very good.

• Visited July 2013

Fort Lee, Virginia, United States
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took my daughter here as a treat after an appointment. She ordered the chili cheese fries. I had the Slovenian sausage. We split them and still had tons left. The bun is perfection! I could eat it alone. The sausage was good as were the fries. I'm being modest, the fries were exceptional. It's a little pricey but it compares with the size.

• Visited May 2013
Pickering, Canada
“Dat Dog Damn Delicious!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We read about it and had to try it. First round we had the crawfish sausage with etouffe, along with fries with etouffe. On the 2nd visit the duck sausage with spicy raspberry jam and mustard. Damn! now that's some good eatin'! The place has a very nice homey/community/friendly feeling and is definitely worth a visit when you are in NOLA.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank A W
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Astonishing array of quirky and delicious dogs”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just love this odd, fun amazing place. It's a hot dog lover's paradise situated in a former gas station on a corner of Freret. They have every type of dog you can imagine and more. We have been eating at Dat Dog since it was at its original teeny location across the street, and we have not visited their newer Magazine Street location, but the food here has always been good. Service is a little harried sometimes, because they get so crazy busy. Look for their mini food truck at bars around the city on various nights.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank campmarengo
Abilene, Texas
“Exceptional dogs!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Friends recommended the location on Magazine St. These are gourmet dogs on delicious sourdough buns. You choose the type of dog then the fixings, or let the chef dress it for you. I got the spicy sausage with chef's choice, which included spicy Creole mustard, barbeque sauce, and onions -delicious! My daughter got the alligator sausage dog and really liked it. Two others had the bacon werewolf dog which was a big hut. Add super crispy and yummy seasoned fries to a cool funky joint and you have a winner.

• Visited June 2013