“Fun and different”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Gourmet hot dogs from around the world with personalized toppings, fries to die for. We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We found this place by accident and loved it. It was a night when we decided we wanted something different to eat. It was fun to have so many different types of dogs and then about 30 toppings. The portions are big and the fries are good.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

About 13 different types of sausages, to start with. TONS of toppings--but really, unless you've got something particular in mind, ask the chef to dress it for you. They will come up with a combination of toppings that will absolutely befuddle you, but enthrall your tastebuds. I love the turducken dog, and crawfish sausage topped with etouffee is heavenly. Paired with a good local beer and the nice outside seating, it's a great meal.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our Tulane student daughter took us to Dat Dog to dine with the locals. What a fun place! Turned out it was happy hour two for one, which we participated in. Cash only, but no problem there for us. The wife got the Crawfish sausage, Daughter got the Alligator, and I got the Smoked Sausage. For toppings, I followed the sign's suggestion and let the chef do the decisions on that. Not a mistake at all! So much on the dog, and absolutely delicious. We also order the cheddar cheese fries. Heart attack fun! We were at the Magazine St. location. I would go there again. Remember, bring cash!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great atmosphere, inventive and delicious hot dogs, and cold beer. What else could be better! I tried this spot on a friends recommendation and Im so glad I did. Even though the food took a little longer than i would have liked it was worth the wait.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Dat Dog is a fun place to go with a group of friends. The food was good but not great. I liked the different choices of dogs but the cash only deal was a bit irritating. I really wanted to be blown away by this place but it just didn't happen. I ordered coleslaw on my dog and it didn't make it there. Nothing was bad but nothing was great! It's worth a try.

1  Thank Charles D