Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed July 7, 2005

My friends and I stayed at the Renaissance Arts Hotel for 3 days during the Essence Music Festival. I wanted to stay at The W, but it was booked by the time I was able to get everyone to agree to go to the Festival. I was thoroughly impressed by the hotel. During our stay I visited the other hotels in the area and they were so congested that it was hard to even get into your room and some you had to show your room key just to get in. I think that this was and excellent choice of hotel because of the location, cleanliness, staff support, and less confusion. The only gripe we had was that the restaurant was not the best. Mrs. Carter and Q helped us with our every need and did not once give us an ugly look as to we were getting on their nerves. If you are looking for a quiet non-congested hotel in walking distance to the hustle and bustle of the BIG EASY this is the hotel for you. I will most definitely will stay here next year.

• Stayed July 2005
14 Thank RendezvousSpot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Reviewed July 7, 2005

Our four-night stay at the Renaissance Arts Hotel in the Warehouse District in May couldn't have been better. The hotel, a delightfully refurbished warehouse, is gorgeous with its clean, sleek lines and amazing art work throughout. Our room was first-class in decor, cleanliness, wonderfully comfy beds and extras to pamper us. Service was friendly and impeccable, from desk staff to valets to restaurant and bar staff.
We've stayed in some great hotels over the years and the Arts Hotel ranks among the very best. And, best of all, we stayed there at the shockingly affordable internet-special rate of $79 per night, plus $25 for parking.

• Stayed May 2005
30 Thank Bonnie M
Kansas City
Reviewed June 12, 2005

Stayed at the Renaissance Arts May 27-30, and found this stay to be every bit as pleasant as my December visit. The staff is accommodating and professional. Yes, it is a walk from this hotel to the FQ, so if you plan on making the FQ your focal point and don't like to walk, I would suggest something closer to Canal or in the FQ. As mentioned in another review, the streets are deserted late at night so I advise taking a taxi.

• Stayed May 2005
27 Thank Crankee
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2005

It is true that the lobby & public areas are beautifully designed and filled with great contemporary art. If I could do it again, I would visit the lobby & stay somewhere else. Three reasons- I was surprised to find a spacious, pleasant room with a worn & soiled carpet. Not only soiled, but inadequately vacuumed, judging by the scattered wee bits of debris. I'd have forgiven all if only the room had been cleaned properly the following day. But, when I returned to my room the next evening, there was the same popcorn kernal next to my bed, and the same bits of dirt elsewhere. That just doesn't cut it. Second, I had booked Concierge Level for a Thursday & Friday night stay. No one bothered to tell me when I made my reservation, or when I checked in, that there are no Concierge services from noon on Friday to noon on Saturday. So - no hors d'ouevres or bar access, no breakfast, no club access. What then was I paying for, and more importantly, couldn't someone have mentioned this? They did remove the charge but only when I happened to find out by chance and contested the Friday charge. Lastly, the hotel is a very long walk from the French Quarter, in a quiet part of the Warehouse District, and the streets become quite deserted at night, which was unsettling. On a positive note, I must say that the staff was very professional and pleasant.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, paid for the concierge level room which gives access to the lounge with goodies and beverages. Had requested 2 dbl beds, but was given a king bedrm suite with a pullout sofa. Also, had to return to the front desk to have room key recoded since it would not work on lounge door which I had paid for. Breakfast at the restaurant was expensive, but good. Rooms were quiet and clean. Hotel staff was accomodating and pleasant. Tommy's restaurant (1 block away) has good food and better prices and variety. Overrall a good stay and I would return.

12 Thank trav05
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 4, 2005

This hotel had everything we wanted while staying in New Orleans. Not too close to the action, but close enough to feel in the mix. Rooms are as nice (or nicer!!) as the W or the Monaco at HALF the price. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi couldn't have been better--soaking under the stars was gorgeous. Staff was courteous and helpful and room service was actually GOOD!! There is a fabulous sculpture gallery inside the hotel which is an interesting bonus and if you're there on a Saturday, there is an adorable farmer's market every Saturday morning around the corner from the hotel. Perfect!! We will defintely make this our New Orleans hotel from here on out. Thank you Renaissance Arts!

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
USA
Reviewed May 2, 2005

Just came back from a trip to the Jazzfest; my family (2 adults, 2 12 year olds) stayed at the Renaissance Arts. Very nice, comfortable, attractive hotel. The first night we were given a room with windows on an interior atrium, not so nice; we asked to be moved to a room with exterior windows and that was no problem -- much better room. The rooms were slightly smaller than standard, but still fine. Nice furnishings, art on the walls, etc. Rooftop swimming pool was very pleasant. (The hottub, though, was at best lukewarm.) Had a late meal one night in the hotel restaurant which was excellent. One bad experience was that my daughter's swimsuit was mistakenly taken by the housekeeping staff and apparently thrown away; the hotel has agreed, however, to reimburse us for it. -- It's a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, but not too bad. One can also walk about 4 blocks to a trolley stop.

5 Thank Slothrop