“Quiet Location, Close to the Action”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #52 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Jacksonville, Florida
“Quiet Location, Close to the Action”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I loved this hotel! Its located in the Warehouse District which is about a mile away from the French Quarter. It is located in a quiet section of town but there plenty to do in this area. There are bars and restaurants within walking distance and also the WWII Museum is about three blocks away.
Highly recommended to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrEdnWilbur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Renassiance Arts Hotel in New Orleans three times now and I love it. The property is not huge but the lobby is very colorful and spacious and far enough away from Canal Street and the French Quarter, to afford the feeling that you're not in the huge tourist trap that those areas are, but close enough to walk to when you want to get there. The rooms are a good size. As a Marriott Platinum Elite customer, the Renaissance have always upgraded me to a suite. The hotel has a decent restaurant, a roof top pool and a well equipped gym. My favorite hotel in NOLA for sure!

Room Tip: Inside facing rooms are quieter than thos facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

By far one of the best staffs I have encountered. Hotel was clean, beds are super comfortable, continental breakfast was good. Guest are only a few blocks from Harrahs Casino and a nice walk from the infamous Bourbon Street. I woulld stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is terriffic. The front of the hotel would be more impressive if they kept the glass clean! Our room was more spacious than I expected, however the carpet was badly stained. We would return to this property but overall are disappointed with Marriott and there lack of "special" perks for Gold members.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The place is clean and the staff is friendly. I've stayed there 4 times on extended stays and for some reason I _cannot_ get a higher floor, street view. They always put me on the second floor facing the interior common areas which are very loud. The room cleaners are also very loud when they are talking to each other down the hallways early in the morning, I think that is inconsiderate of guests. The doors also slam shut. Basically, expect to be up very early otherwise the noise will wake you.

Two other annoyances of this hotel is they don't replace the toiletry kit with cotton swabs frequently, so you have to ask for them explicitly, and also the dry cleaning/laundry is not picked up by room cleaning, you have to deliver it to the front desk, yet this is not stated anywhere at all! If you need clothes for the next day, then you are out of luck unless you know this.

The location is very good, many tasty restaurants nearby and a very safe neighborhood to walk in. The decor of the building is classy. the gym is basic, clean, and functional.

Room Tip: Do not get interior facing rooms, they are loud.
1 Thank somewhereinoldeurope
USA
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Renaissance Arts Hotel is one of those rare gems I look for whenever I travel. The hotel’s tastefully appointed rooms are complimented by a feast for the eyes lobby which is liberally decorated with static and kinetic sculptures, photo prints and one of a kind art everywhere you look. The whole effect is that the Renaissance paints an ambiance that provides for large assemblies, but still offers quiet nooks to sit for more intimate moments.
The rooms are fully equipped with quality boutique shampoos, conditioners, creams & gels. Unfortunately, they provide the single cup coffee brewers (not big enough for me) but thankfully, they do have great coffee. The Renaissance is after all, a Marriott property, and I can never say anything bad about the beds in those hotels. I’m asleep 30 seconds after hitting one of those super-plush pillows. My biggest kudo goes to Manager Frank Zumbo’s upgrade of the hotel internet system. I don’t know what they’re running for hardware, but I wish I had it at my office. Their internet is blazing fast, enabling me to video conference from my room without any of the usual connection speed problems. The room also has a 32” flat screen TV (great reception) and an alarm clock that doesn’t take a PHD to program.
The hotel offers valet parking (exclusively) which is comparable to most of New Orleans’ better hotels. I was greeted by a very professional team of parking valets headed up by Kenny. These gentlemen truly respect the fact that they are the customer’s first contact with the hotel and make sure that it is a positive experience making me feel very welcome here.
While there are probably several bellmen, the luck of the draw gave me Corey (and later Ronald) both of whom are at the top of their game. It’s a delicate balance to keep with long term guests such as myself. As a guest, you want a level of respect and courtesy, but you also want warmth and a sense of being part of the hotel “family”. Both Corey and Ronald skate along that fine line with remarkable skill.
As a frequent traveler, I sometimes encounter the inevitable trainee behind the front desk. Not so at the Renaissance. Everyone I’ve dealt with greets me by name and each has been able to promptly address whatever question I put forth… (sigh) very nice! The folks that stand behind that desk are amazing. If you’re lucky enough to be served by Dominique, or Sybil, Sidra, Thereza, or Britannee, you’ll know what I mean. But really, literally everyone behind that desk is worth their weight in gold.
The fifth floor houses the hotel pool and exercise area, with the Marriot Rewards Member Lounge on the 4th. The lounge is very comfortable, well attended, and offers a quick breakfast and light dinner/desserts Sunday nights through Friday mornings. During the off-hours, or for more robust dining, I heartily recommend the Rene Bistrot’ restaurant which also provides room service. Try the oysters, they offer a unique and varied selection. I must admit, while they have a very enticing dinner menu, my favorites are their breakfasts. Give me their Lox & Cream Cheese on a bagel (although they don’t refer to it that way) or their buffet which includes these absolutely fantastic sausages and Papa Tom’s Stone Ground Corn Grits. I know, there are many people who say they absolutely hate grits. (But they haven’t tried these! They are marvelous!) Even if you order the buffet, the wait staff will always offer to have the chef cook up something fresh and I’d suggest you let him do so. Great omelets! Oh, and I really should mention, they have a great bar, too.
The Renaissance is conveniently located in the Warehouse District, just a couple of blocks from downtown New Orleans and all the action there. It’s close enough to walk, or as I prefer, take a pedi-cab over to Harrah’s, Jackson Square, or Riverwalk. But far enough off the beaten path that you aren’t kept awake all night by sirens and such which are so typical of NOLA nightlife. For a little informal variety, I’d recommend Lucy’s which is just across the street from the hotel. (Great food and Ice-cold beer!) But really, it’s NEW ORLEANS! I’ve been in and out of here for the last 5 years and I still haven’t sampled all the great food that’s here!

Room Tip: While all the rooms are really quite comfortable, I prefer those facing Commerce Street. I heartily...
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Run, don't walk, to this hotel! Its location is close enough to the French Quarter (if that's your destination) but without all the cheezy tourist traps surrounding you. It is located in the Warehouse District, a great area filled with good restaurants and shops that the locals actually buy from. Can't say enough good things about the staff. They are friendly and helpful from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Kudos to the management staff for putting together a great team. I have stayed here on several occasions, both business and pleasure, and its my first choice when I'm in New Orleans.