I stayed at the Homewood Suites New Orleans earlier this month as part on an informal family reunion with my aunt, sister, and brother-in-law. It was down to me to select the hotel as I do much more traveling than they do. Based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor I decided this hotel would be to everyone's liking. We were not disappointed. Between us we stayed in two one-bedroom suites and were impressed with how large the suites were. There was plenty of space to spread out and the rooms were immaculate. The kitchen area is fully stocked with flatware, dishes, and cookware if you want to cook your own meals; there is also a large refrigerator (which you will need to store all the leftovers you bring back from the restaurants--there is no such thing as small portions in N.O.), a microwave, and the automatic dishwasher was a nice surprise.
The amenities were outstanding as well. The complimentary meals were delicious and there was always a good selection. Coffee and tea service is available 24 hours. I didn't use the pool, but I did take a quick peek and it was a nice sized pool. Also on the premises is a gym, business center, and coin-operated laundry room, all open 24 hours a day. Adjacent to the front desk is a mini convenience store, but prices there are a bit steep as you would expect ($2.25 for a small bottle of apple juice). I would suggest instead going to Walgreens at the corner of Barone and Canal, a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
I can't say enough good things about the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful and went above and beyond for us several times. The Homewood Suites is centrally located, with many of the major landmarks (Superdome, French Quarter, Bourbon Street, Harrah's Casino, Riverwalk) no more than a 10 minute walk away.
I have just one complaint, and it's a nitpicky one at that. Our balconies did not have chairs, so we were not able to just lounge and get some fresh air. I hope this problem will be corrected in the future.
I highly recommend the Homewood Suites New Orleans and will stay there when I visit N.O. in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 166 all suite hotel in downtown New Orleans. Many complimentary amenities are included in the rate that is provided such as a hot buffet breakfast, free wifi, and a light dinner meal with beer/wine service Mon-Thu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Homewood New Orleans
- New Orleans Homewood Suites