“Great service! ”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #93 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great service! ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are under renovation and this is a great place to take your family. Our family stayed here for a family reunion. We loved it! Kylie the concierge will find you the best rates to any place you want to go in New Orleans! Awesome, AWESOME, Awesome!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Tomiko M,

Thank you for taking the time to share you review of our hotel. We appreciate you choosing the Homewood Suites for your family reunion this summer. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and the service you received. We hope to host you again in the near future.

My best, Jennifer Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The newly renovated rooms are very attractive, stainless steel appliances, large fridge, soft carpet. Ask for a higher floor, they are renovating from the top down. Good wifi connect, standard breakfast, but manager reception with beer and wine is a nice bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Larissa L,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites for your host hotel during your visit to New Orleans. We appreciate the opportunity to showcase our newly renovated rooms. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would! First off im a hilton honors gold member (4 nights from diamond)...anyhow they stuck me in this room that looked like it had been ransacked. The couch was ripped and torn, carpets were old and tearing and the phone and fridge were broken! This was not tje only problem...they charge 36 dollars a day (after tax) to park and something was up with the valet guys! I have a new car and monitor the miles and in 12 hours the valets put 43 miles on my car! What were they doing?? On top of that I was outside late at night (around 430am) and see my car (which was parked for 3 hours) come pulling in the hotel stop amd drive off again! when I confronted them they had no amswer and passed blame. I would seriously RECONSIDER stayinh here! there are so many nicer places to stay! This place needs torn down amd rebuilt. Its old, musty, and the conditions are deplorable! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY ELSEWHERE!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank puttsey1030
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear puttsey1030,

Thank you sharing a review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our valet department. We share and discuss every review and I assure you that we will provide their manager with this information to insure that this doesn't occur. Our renovation is in full swing and is a wonderful upgrade to the hotel. We should be complete by mid September. The renovation will address all of the furniture and carpet concerns you expressed. I'm sorry that you your experience was not what we wanted for you and thank you again for sharing.

Dallas, Tx
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for a family wedding for 3 nights. We enjoyed the evening reception and the breakfast in the morning. The rooms are really big(including the bathroom) which is nice when you have family with you. The hotel needs updating which is planned for late summer and fall. You can walk to lots of restaurants, attractions and such. There is a Rouses Market just 2-3 blocks from the hotel were you can get ready made food, water and lots of other great treats!
Streetcar is just 2 blocks away!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear PattiDallas_Tx,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very excited about our renovations which are actually going on right now. We expect they will be complete by the middle of September. We hope that you will return to enjoy our updated facility.

Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel had a musty smell throughout, the rooms had window AC units which had water condensation that dripped on the carpet and laid on the window sills. There was a couch in the room that was at one time leather or leather like, but now looked very old and in very bad condition and very dirty. The chairs were stained with dirt and food. The beds were worn out and offered no support, pillows were soft and flat. There were spots of a spilled drink on many areas of the hotel, that was not cleaned up until Monday. One of the beds in our room smelled like fish. The breakfast was good with hot scrambled eggs, ham, and hot and cold cereals. There was a variety of breads to be heated, and a variety of juices.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the garbage truck route, they picked up garbage at 6:00 am and there was sev...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rover228
Dear Rover 228,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. My apologies that you had a less than great stay with us. We care currently renovating which will address the issues you experienced regarding the furniture and the a/c's. I'm so sorry for your experience as this is not what we wanted for you and your guests. We are quietly renovating the hotel top down and our renovations will be complete by the end of September. Please do give us another try.

TX
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is located right in downtown, the location is pretty good, only a few blocks from Bourbon Street via the back roads. The hotel room itself was decent, receptionist also and the valet (a little high at $35 a night). The breakfast lacked fresh fruit and juices, the rest was very common, nothing that says, "I am in New Orleans." The evening dinner was from 5-7pm, really early, with traffic, it is almost impossible to get there before 6pm. Dinner was sandwiches, not much of a dinner, so had to go back out at night for a real dinner. I am disappointed to say the least, as I try to stay at Home Wood Suites as much as I can, will definitely not return to this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank enderart
Dear enderart,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at the Homewood Suites. I'm sorry that you were less than pleased as we want all of our guests's experiences to the best they can be. It isn't easy to appeal to a wide range of back grounds and dining tastes. Our brand is unique in that we provide a full buffet breakfast and a light dinner meal and the menu choices vary daily and monthly, but can be found at all of our Homewood Suites across the country. I hope that you will try out brand throughout your travels and that if you should return to New Orleans that you will give us another try.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I got a room at the Homewood Suites at the last minute on Priceline.com. The hotel is pretty conveniently located. We had no issues checking in or out. Like other reviewers, we found the hotel a bit dated and run down. They are undergoing renovations however, so that is a positive. We only heard a little bit of hammering the morning we were checking out, but it wasn't bad. Our room was equipped with a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) which was nice, although we were only there one night and didn't really use it. The room was clean, plenty of towels, the bed & pillows were just so-so. Our biggest issue with the room was the AC. When we arrived, the AC did not appear to be cooling very well. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance to our room quickly to look at it however I'm not really sure he did anything. Our room wasn't as cool as we would have liked and the ceiling fan in the bedroom didn't work either. We did not eat the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on it. I would stay in this hotel again if I had to, but certainly there are other places to stay in New Orleans that are nicer for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missy F
Dear Missy F,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. My apologies that you did not receive the service/value that you deserved during your stay. We try to address every issue that is brought to our attention quickly and to the benefit of the guest. I'm sorry as it appears you were not pleased with the results. We are renovating the hotel and hope that you will return to give us another try. Please give me a call is you need reservations in the future.