I stayed at this hotel on a Wednesday through Friday night in July. I really enjoyed my time there and would return again. My room was spacious and very comfortable. The condition of the furnishings was good. The bed felt OK. The bathroom was OK, albeit with a noisy fan. The whirlpool tub was a bit difficult to step in and out of for showers.
Here are the qualifications. The pool and hot tub were not available to guests for my entire stay due to some maintenance issue. I didn't miss either too much, but I'm sure a number of guests would have liked to take advantage of both. The air conditioner in the room is noisy and barely adequate. It is obviously a little old and tired. I had to keep it running all of the time to keep the room temp down. The room has a balcony, but don't open the door to it! Your air conditioner and the one for the room next door vents right on to the balcony. It is loud out there and the already warm and humid outside air is enhanced with a blast furnace effect from the air conditioners. Not a big deal to me, as I had no reason to use the balcony anyway. There is a large office building just across the alley for a view anyway.
The morning and meal service was good, but suffered from the usual cattle call problems with a big rush of people lining up early and snatching up the seating. The hotel staff putting out the food did a good job regardless.
I was touring on a motorcycle with a trailer and parked my bike in the open lot across from the back of the hotel. There was a 24 hour attendant there and my bike came through without a scratch or a mishap after three days for which I paid about $66 for parking it there. Bourbon Street and the French Quarter are easily walkable from the hotel. There is a nice grocery story nearby if you would like to stock the kitchen. Transportation options abound. I used both the bus service and the historic trolley lines. I found the hotel concierge only moderately helpful. A city tour was booked for me which I found to be disappointing. I think the best way to see things is by foot, public transportation, or perhaps a bicycle tour. I opted not to go on one of the swamp tours recommended by the concierge.
All in all I'm happy with my decision to stay at his Homewood. The rooms (especially the air conditioners) do need some updating, but they are not by any means the horror described by some reviewers. I will say that if you don't sleep well with a noisy air conditioner, maybe you should bring earplugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a newly renovated 166 all suite hotel in downtown New Orleans. Many complimentary amenities are included in the rate that is provided such as a hot buffet breakfast, free wifi, and a light dinner meal with beer/wine service Mon-Thu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Homewood New Orleans
- New Orleans Homewood Suites