When we arrived everyone was too nice. I could not believe how friendly everyone was. We were there for four days. Every single day the staff had smiles on their faces. That was one of the reasons we made reservations there in the first place. We called the hotel directly for reservations and they were just as friendly on the phone. When we arrived I asked for a window facing the front or to the south. The other views did not seem worth having. The front desk clerk said she would take care of it. When we got to the room not only did she take care of my request she also gave us a two bedroom suite with a balcony. It was just me and wife and we only had reserved a one room suite. Very nice.
Tuesday evening the manager's reception had roast with potatoes. There was also fresh fruit. Sodas and beer were also available. The roast was very tender. They had a reception Wednesday and Thursday but we ate out so I could not tell you how it was, good I am sure.
The hot breakfast was different everyday. Wednesday's breakfast was bacon and eggs and waffles, Thursday's breakfast was sausage and eggs with cinnamon sticks/potatoes. Friday's breakfast was eggs with sausage and pancakes. Saturday's breakfast was eggs and bacon with hash browns. There was also fresh fruit and fresh pastries and cereal everyday in addition to the hot breakfast and orange and apple juice.
The room was big and clean. The A/C worked great. It was hot while we were there so that was important.
I was worried about the location and our safety because all I heard about post Katrina was the danger of the city. This area was VERY clean, well lit and I felt safe at all times. The parking for this hotel is a self serve parking that is not fenced or covered. There is an attendant during the day but I am not sure in the late evenings since we did not use the car at night. We were in New Orleans for a conference. We were a 15min walk away from the convention center. In the mornings it was pleasant to walk. It was a 9min walk to Harrah's. We went to Harrah's at night and felt very safe walking back to the hotel. The street is well lit and well traveled on. The hotel is one block from the St. Charles Railcar. The first two days we took the railcar to Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. The last day we were there it was just quicker to walk to Bourbon Street. About an 8min walk. Once again that was well lit and a lot of foot traffic so we felt safe as well. Everything we did while there was within walking distance. I only drove the car twice the entire 4 days we were there. We rode the steamboat on the Mississippi and that was only a 15 min walk from the hotel. By the way, parts of Bourbon street closest to Canal had an unpleasant smell but other than that the French Quarter was clean, well lit and safe. I never felt I was in danger even close to midnite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a newly renovated 166 all suite hotel in downtown New Orleans. Many complimentary amenities are included in the rate that is provided such as a hot buffet breakfast, free wifi, and a light dinner meal with beer/wine service Mon-Thu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Homewood New Orleans
- New Orleans Homewood Suites