“Great service but needs some attention” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites New Orleans

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #90 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great service but needs some attention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel lobby always nice and clean but rooms could use some help. Found bobby pin in middle of the floor upon check in and crackers under the tv stand. One kitchen table chair was a filthy cloth desk chair that should have been put in the trash. Found hairs in the shower as well as quite a bit of mold. On the other hand the beds seemed to be new and were extremely comfortable. Bathroom floors were mopped everyday which was nice. If you are the last rooms to be cleaned you will not receive a complete set of towels or coffee etc. guessing they run low on their carts by the end of the day. AC is very loud and runs constantly but a nice touch to have ceilings fans in the bedrooms. Breakfast was pretty basic but the evening light meal during the week was very exceptable. Most people made this their dinner, how can you go wrong with free food, beer and wine. Front desk and concierge were very helpful and pleasant. The concierge can book tours for you at a discounted rate. She is very helpful in chosing the right things to see and do. Parking is reasonable compared to other hotels in the area but very cramped spaces (be prepared for door dings). Pool and hot tub were very nice. Hopefully next time we stay here the housekeeping issues will be resolved.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Let me start by saying if your in New Orleans to stay in your hotel or room then this is not hotel is not for you. But most of us don't come to NOLA not to go out and have fun. That said, the hotel nice, it's an old elegant building that wouldn't expect to find a Homewood Suites in. The rooms are old with furniture that's a little tattered and well used but it's clean and has lots of room. It's great to have a ice maker in your room. We had a two bedroom suite and it was very roomy and the beds were very good, that's important. The staff was friendly and the concierge was very helpful and had good knowledge of NO. It was easy walking distance to the french Qtr. and all the things you wanted to do. We felt safe in the hotel and walking the streets around it. The breakfast was pretty much as usual for the hotels but the offer of a evening meal was a treat. We did not ever eat at the hotel for the evening meal, which was FREE because we wanted to go to some of the great places NO has to offer, but it looked and smelled good and people eating said it was very good. The elevators are pretty slow as they are Hydraulic and not cable run so you don't get to floors very fast. Not a huge issue but good to know. Yes the AC does run hard and a little loud but it's hot and humid in New Orleans and the AC is in the living room and you have ceilings fan in the bedrooms. It's comfortable and I'm a a nut about rooms being cool.
Overall yes great place to stay for the price you pay. It's not fancy or elegant but well worth what you will pay. I would stay again. If you want fancy there are plenty to pick from but I say again I'm in NO to go out!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Glen S
Wendell, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our children's ( 6&16) spring break April 2013. It was more than I expected. The accommodations, price, staff, and food was great! The beds were big & comfortable! The staff friendly & attentive. One night some guest were very loud for 20-30 minutes & we had to complain twice. After the 2nd call, we never heard them again!! I have to say the breakfast and the dinners were REALLY GOOD! Breakfast was REAL food with great variety (bacon, sausage, waffles, grits, eggs, fresh cut fruits, bagels, muffins, toast, yogurts coffee, etc) We were so full we had to skip lunch everyday! The only down side is you have to PAY $21 daily for parking! The parking lot attendants were very friendly & funny but we only went out at night once! Walking down the alley to the parking lot at night was not happening! Other than that, it was GREAT! Now everywhere I travel, I'm looking for Homewood Suites and I hope they are all like the one in Nawleans :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Franky E
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Franky E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We love to hear you were pleased with your overall accommodations here at the Homewood Suites, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best,
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at this property for 12 nights during a show in New Orleans. I didn't have huge expectations for this hotel, but I did expect it to at least be clean and well maintained. It was really neither. The lobby smelled like dishes that have things growing on them, the AC in the room was louder then a jet engine, but didn't cool, and it was dingy/dirty with poor upkeep. I look forward to not having to stay here again.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sean_0101
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations, and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay, and will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience, and I will certainly keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here over the Memorial day weekend for the annual Nola AAU basketball tournament. I really enjoyed my stay although this was not the nicest Homewood suites accommodations i've stayed before. The hotel lobby was nice and the hotel. fit in with the historical landscape of New Orleans. The room itself was smaller than other Homewood suites i've stayed and the decor was dated and shabby. I cannot speak on the happy hour as my stay was on a weekend. The staff were very peasant and helpful with navigating the city and the location was great in that we walked or took public transportation to the french quarter and other attractions downtown. The location was convenient to other areas of the city as well. I would stay here again if they would only update their furnishings in the rooms by the time i visit New Orleans again!

Room Tip: request a room facing the street that comes with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon B
El Dorado, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel lobby and room was shabby with stained and worn furn., room ice maker and bathfan not working. balcony had ac vent on it so unusable unless you like furnace.I Left bathing suit and beach towel and it was stolen by hotel room maid( called and she said wasn't in room)only place we stayed and used at and KNEW where I left it in closet. Manager just said they "weren't responsible for it." waste of money staying there.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a positive experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me at hayley.euper@dimdev.com. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Best,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Homewood Suites in New Orleans CBD is an older property that could use a little updating. It's perfect for families with kids, if you need a little privacy at the end of the day. The staff is helpful, but I've stayed in nicer Homewood Suites properties. It is a good value for the money, and I don't feel in any way that I was ripped off. Other detailed reviews tell it like it is.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton