“Kylie the Concierge is terrific” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites New Orleans

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #87 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Kylie the Concierge is terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I selected this hotel because I needed roomy, reasonably priced lodging for my wife, myself and two sons, 18 and 21 years old, convenient to the French Quarter. Although I'd made all my tour arrangements myself, only after I arrived did I discover Kylie the concierge, who could've arranged discounted tours for us. While I needed her only to arrange airport transportation, like others who've commented here, I found her very friendly and knowledgeable and eager to assist folks, and would definitely rely on her on a future visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Beaumont, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I just loved the suite with the king bed in a separate bedroom. What a treat a suite for the price of a room with a stove, microwave, and full size refridgerator. I was traveling with my adult children so the suite was just perfect. I called houskeeping for coffee packets and they were at the door immediately. On my first night there I was looking for the rest of my party and I must have looked confused because one of the employees on her way out with her bag and off duty stopped and asked if she could help me or if there was anything she could do. How refreshing to have employees go above and beyond their assigned duties even when they are not on duty. The complementary breakfast was great and had varied choices to please everyone. We really enjoyed our time in New Orleans.

1 Thank Karen K
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Karen K,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate hearing our guests' opinions. I am happy to learn you thought our staff were "wonderful and attentive", and that one of our employees was able to go above and beyond to assist you. I am thrilled to hear you also enjoyed our roomy suites as well as the complimentary buffet breakfast options. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites, and we hope to be able to serve you again soon.

KIRKLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had the best time in New Orleans! This hotel was the thing that made all the difference. I was able to sleep well on the extremely comfortable king bed (definitely not hard as a board which is important if you sleep on your side) so I felt rested and ready to explore the plantations. The breakfast area was always clean and there was a rotating selection of hot and cold food. What I especially appreciated was the varied selection of fresh fruit--not your usual green banana and red delicious apple.Many of the clients were government employees who seemed to be living in the hotel for weeks on end. I can see why--the suites were spacious and had everything we needed. The shower was hot, hot, hot as well as powerful. Great if you need to relax after a busy day but dangerous if you have little kids, especially since the hot and cold sides were reversed from the standard arrangement.
I booked this hotel through the Tulane travel portal a year in advance so we would be in a location that was close to the Superdome for the graduation. No regrets there! Just a few blocks and we were at the Superdome---no rushing through traffic or worries about parking the car. I'd easily recommend Homewood Suites to parents visiting Tulane with kids in tow. My son slept on the sofa-bed once the dorms closed and had no complaints about it. What was even better was that there was enough room to walk around in the living room even when the bed was pulled out. The downside of the location was that we would never have made the trip back and forth to Tulane without a GPS since it is quite a drive depending which way you go and the roads are missing street signs.
The staff at the desk, the concierge, the breakfast room workers, and the housekeepers were superb. When the toilet clogged up someone was there to fix it within an hour.
Even though the pool wasn't really large enough for laps it was deep enough in the middle for water exercises. The pool area was light and airy and the staff kept it clean supplying new towels and removing used ones. We tried the business center computer to check-in for our flight home and had no problems.
I'm one of those people that like to complain so the fact that I had such a positive experience is saying a lot. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor overlooking the parking lot is a good choice--quiet and sunny.
1 Thank SHADOWSPRITE
Dear SHADOWSPRITE,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is certainly much appreciated! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our services, spacious rooms, breakfast options as well as our indoor pool. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites, and we hope to see you on your next visit to New Orleans.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a really good place to stay. Its sort of a cross between an apartment and a serviced hotel, and its nice and quiet. Complimentary breakfast and early supper. Very good. I would stay there again if I return to New Orleans. It requires a fair bit of walking to the main tourist areas, but on the other hand is in a reasonably low traffic area on Poydras st.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Coppell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

A very nice hotel in a very good location, within walking distance of most everything. Only two blocks from the trolley, four or five blocks from canal/bourbon street. The hotel is very nice with a nice buffet breakfest, wonderfully confortable beds and a very friendly staff. I must give a special recognition to the wonderful concierge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tim M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our guests' opinions are very important to us! I am thrilled to hear you consider our hotel to be a "gem" and that you enjoyed our friendly staff, buffet breakfast, comfortable beds and our central location. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites New Orleans and we hope to see you again soon.

Horn Lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love this hotel, the location was wonderful. My sister-n-law and I came downt for the weekend on Amtrack, hotel was walking distance from train and walking distance from major attractions. Plannig another visit in Nov. 2013 and already have confirmation numbers to stay here again!!! Staff is great.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

2 Thank Rose S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family had a wonderful one week stay at the hotel. The accommodations were good and the hotel was very kid friendly. What sets this hotel apart from other Hilton hotels we have stayed at is the concierge, Kylie. She is quite simply the best. She was very personable and made spot on recommendations for great restaurants, sites to see, as well as setting up tours and offering advice to enhance our stay in New Orleans. We will never forget her and her playful interactions with our son, Michael, and daughter,Elizabeth. Thank you Kylie for helping make our New Orleans experience unforgettable!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear DLH1163,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your time. We love to hear you were impressed with our facility as well as our wonderful staff. I will certainly commend Ms. Kylie for her impeccable customer service. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to serve both you and your family again in the near future.