“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #93 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
new york city, ny
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our 2nd stay here. The first time was before Katrina. We enjoyed our stay both times. The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. We stayed on an 8th fl room with a small balcony and it was quiet. The location is very convenient to the French Quarter and other attractions. The first time we stayed, we had some issues with the parking lot but they seemed to have solved those problems. The parking lot attendant was VERY accommodating. He should be commended. The complimentary breakfast was better than most although at times it could be very busy. We did not take full advantage of the evening reception but it was nice to know that you could get some beer, wine and a light meal. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Gulfport, MS
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites New Orleans last weekend to take our grandson and his friend to a Hornet's game. The location was very convenient for walking to the Sport's Arena. We felt safe walking in this area late at night since many others were doing the same. The location was also good for walking to the French Quarter Festival. It was nice to just pay one time for parking.

Our suite had all the comforts of home. It is nice to have the sitting room and kitchen area for having that early morning coffee. Since I am an early riser, I enjoy having a comfortable area to read and drink coffee before the others get up. It is also nice for those who prefer to stay up later.

The boys enjoyed the heated inside pool. They had a nice swim before we went to the game. We also enjoyed the hot breakfast offered each morning. It was one of the best we have had at a Homewood Suites.

We travel often and always try to stay at Hilton hotels. Embassy and Homewood Suites are our favorites. Although this isn't the nicest Homewood Suites we have stayed at, it met all our needs and the location was excellent.

We were quite pleased with the warm reception from the staff, and their helpful suggestions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MSRuby-7
san Rafael, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall this place worked out really well for our family trip. We had two king bed rooms with their own bathroom, and a little living room and kitchenette. I thought it was a pretty good value for what we paid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was really nice, clean, nice windows for view and light and we stayed in a suite so there was a full kitchen with plenty of room. But, when the pullout sofa is used, the only way into the bathroom is through the bedroom, which was very disturbing during the night when that room is occupied and you have people going through to use the bathroom. Also the air conditioning unit is located in the bedroom and when that things kicks on - watch out!!!! - it sounds like a freight train coming through. Also it kinda tciked all night, the metal grate on the outside vibrated and I thought at one point that someone was popping pop corn in the other room. So all in all, the nights sleep was not great.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms have an air conditioning unit, so you really can't avoid the noise th...
1 Thank jjoGulfport_MS
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear jjoGulfport_MS,

On behalf of the management and staff, I’d like to thank you for your recent stay at the Homewood Suites New Orleans. We very much appreciate your business, and thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We are truly sorry to hear about some of the inconveniences you endured, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected. Your satisfaction is our main priority, and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Should you like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at 504-581-5599 or at hayley.euper@dimdev.com. Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Hayley Euper
Sales Manager
Hubertus, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for fiends, families and anyone wanting to stay in New Orleans. It was in a nice area within walking distance to the French Quarter and to the St. Charles Streetcar. The staff was courteous, food was good and the accommodations were also good. A good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and tell them what you want and they will help you select a room.
1 Thank pamela144
North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Could not have been happier with the stay. Close to all attractions and far enough away for a quite night. Trolley is 2what blocks away so buy a pass and ride all day. Parking is good and the attendant is on the ball

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 707070bond
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Never in my life have I dealt with such rude, uncaring staff. Not even "not nice" just RUDE! A breakfast attendant ran into me with a bus cart and laughed about it. The night auditor walked away from me mid conversation, and despite asking four different employees to get the dirty dishes that were in front of my room when I checked in, they were still there when I checked out...with the addition of some crawly critters nibbling at the left overs. No one resolved any issues I had, including the phone not working, the window not closing, a shower curtain missing, and the door not securing properly. Well, how could they know to fix them when the night manager I reported them to walked away from me without writing anything down?

We checked out and went to a different hilton where we were WARMLY welcomed and the staff was great.

I get to take one vacation a year, and this hotel ruined the first 2 days of it. The free dinner isn't worth it...

Room Tip: Get one at a different hotel!
1 Thank CaraV704
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear CaraV704,
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel including our staff members being inattentive towards you and not providing you with the level of customer service you deserve. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise, and your review will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments, and please feel free to call me at 504-581-5599 or email me at hayley.euper@dimdev.com should you like to discuss this further.

Hayley Euper