“Looks good on the outside not on the inside!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites New Orleans

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #89 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Lakeland, Tennessee
“Looks good on the outside not on the inside!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Front desk clerk would not check us in with a family of 4, and was determined to check a 20-30 person tennis team in first at 10:30pm at night with no manager present to handle the overload. We were able to check in when the tennis team coach said it was Ok to go ahead of them. Then we had to listen to a garbage truck horn blaring below us in the middle of the night and early morning. Beware of the parking situation which was a disaster since they use the lot as a valet parking lot during the day. Can't just get in and leave. The rate was great but I would have paid more if I had known it was going to be so difficult.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dennis P, Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear travelgirl021968,
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I truly apologize that you had to wait a while to check-in. I can assure you that it is very rare for us to have such delayed check-ins; however, I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In addition, I apologize if your rest was interrupted by the garbage truck. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff here was great and the included breakfast had a good selection. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Even when the city imposed a boiled water advisory the staff came around with bottled water and made sure that the guests were made aware. Will stay here again in future trips to NOLA!

kaplan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

our room was spacious and clean. breakfast was great with a wide variety to choose from. the staff was very friendly.the beds were very comfortable. wish parking were closer but it was not too bad. my only dissapointment was that my son wanted to swim and the chlorine smell was so strong we couldnt even walk in the pool area but overall we had a very comfortable stay

• Stayed January 2013
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip. It is located a couple of blocks from where I would be working and about 5 blocks from the French Quarter. It's a relatively safe neighborhood, but I wouldn't wander around late at night. The breakfast and evening meal and wine/beer are a nice touch. There are a couple of nice casual restaurants / sports bars within 2 blocks as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights for a family vacation to New Orleans. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was excellent and thorough. The front desk staff, particularly on the weekend was very friendly. The indoor pool, business center, and laundry room were all helpful for a family trip. The Aquarium and the French Quarter are just 15 mins within walking distance, making it a walkable distance to most attractions. We also liked going to Rouses grocery store for take-out meals and other essentials which is just several blocks away. The parking lot is just around the corner but it is extremely tight. While we liked the free breakfast and dinner, it wasn't that delicious. I think it was an affordable, comfortable stay for a family trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EHolly
Kosciusko, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 bedroom - 2 bath non-smoking suite to accommodate 4 adults and 3 children on Monday, March 11. Non-smoking room was apparently surrounded by smoking ones for the hallway reeked of smoke despite the presence of several air filtration units operating in the hall. Carpet around kitchen was found to be very wet -- a fact only revealed by the sock footed play of my grandchildren. Despite the safety hazard of a wet floor, no suitable alternate rooms were available and we settled for living with a noisy air blower and a humidifier for several hours. Overall, I felt suite was too expensive to be beset by so many problems.

Dear RAutry,
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Please feel free to contact me at 504-581-5599 or by email hayley.euper@dimdev.com to discuss this further. Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay, and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Hayley Euper
Sales Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved this hotel. It was in a location far enough from the quarters but close enough to walk. The staff were extremely helpful. The kitchen staff was great and the complimentary breakfast and dinner was great. If they only served dinner on Fridays I wouldn't have to go out to eat lol. The pool does close early which I didn't like. The rooms were spacious enough for me and my roommate. The only complaint I had was that there was a standalone air conditioner in my room. It just seemed out of place. Walking to the quarters was not a problem. I walked by myself at 1am and did not feel unsafe. We walked to Mothers restaurant and never had a incident. I will be back for sure.