“Nice hotel to stay with kids”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #96 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Loved that it was close but not too close to the French quarter. Had a balcony, a kitchen, a sofa bed, a second tv and even doors that separated the rooms! Very good breakfast and very goodnight sleep. I will definetly come stay here again. And about the parking, come on people! You do realize that this is the French quarter right !? I give them a 10 oh the concierge service was really cool to have!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jackie_sassy_28
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hi jackie_sassy_28,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are ecstatic that found us to be a nice hotel to stay with kids. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites New Orleans

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our first time to New Orleans so we didn't know exactly what we were doing right off. We always stay at the Embassy Suites because it is like home to us, however, we decided to stay here instead because of the proximity to everything. We were pleasantly surprised! The hotel staff was so friendly and even had a person on staff especially for information of the area. She was wonderful! We walked to everything from our hotel. It was in a very safe area. Although we griped about paying the parking, it was still cheaper than most area hotels. The parking attendant "Charlie" was the highlight of our day each day! He was extremely friendly and made us laugh. The hotel was so clean!!!! The maids even polished the bellhop carts daily! We enjoyed breakfast each morning and the light supper each night. We will stay here again and again!!!!

Room Tip: Even if you are going out to eat at night- stop and enjoy the light meal provided too. Just eat a s...
1  Thank DebbieR2

Hi DebbieR2,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted that you found us to be the "cleanest hotel ever"! Our staff works very hard to exceed our guests expectations, and we are so glad that we were able to help make your stay in New Orleans quite memorable. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed in suite 600 for three days. The two bedroom unit had plenty of room for our family of 6. The staff did a great job on the complimentary breakfast and dinner. The pool was much nicer than you typically find in this chain. The location was 2 blocks from the St.charles street car line to uptown and a few blocks from Canal street and Royal and Bourbon as well.

1  Thank 4forme2

Hi 4forme2,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites New Orleans! We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious 2 bedroom suites. We appreciate the great reveiw, and hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We took 2 teens, a younger child & 2 adults for a 4 day weekend in New Orleans. This hotel was a great choice for us. The 1 bdroom suite had enough bed space for everyone; there is even enough room for an air mattress if 2 kids don't want to sleep together. There was a dvd player in the living room. The full size fridge had a ice maker. There is a Rouse grocery 2 blocks up from the hotel where you can get groceries, liquor or even a redbox movie. The towels ran out quickly in the swimming pool area (next time we will bring our own beach towels). There is a washer/dryer room but each cost $1.75/use so we didn't use it. Parking was an open lot around the side of the hotel with a guard on site. Be aware the street car going toward the zoo is out of service until 2013 but the bus picks up at the streetcar stop.

Room Tip: use the service to pick your room ahead (you will get an email a day or 2 ahead of your arrival) and...
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my second stay at Homewood Suites and I was impressed enough on my first visit to return. They are conveniently located in downtown New Orleans but still within easy walking distance of the French Quarter.

I think they are a bit overpriced but with the location and the amenities it is still palatable. Their amenities include a really good complimentary breakfast and on most week nights a free “heavy Hors d'oeuvres”. This is really a complimentary dinner. One night was lasagna, one night was chicken cordon blu, etc. While being in New Orleans means great food and eating at your hotel is not exactly what most travelers aspire to, it is an option. We had a couple of huge lunches so a lighter dinner was welcome. They also have a nice indoor pool and spa area and a nice workout room. The rooms are clean and well appointed.

My one negative was during check in. We arrived on a Saturday night and their pull through driveway was completely full with parked cars. It was raining hard and I had to park partially in the street to check in. I mentioned it to the supervisor who lied to me and said all of the cars parked there were checking in. Problem was I was in the lobby and there was only one other party there. And this was after 20 minutes waiting in my car for the other cars to move. After I did check in and park my car I saw the supervisor moving a car, which turned out to be her own car. I did bring it up to the manager the next day and he was very apologetic and did make every effort to make sure I was still a satisfied customer.

That said a lot to me and I would certainly come back.

3  Thank WCDiver
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Hi WCDiver,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our meals, as well as our convenient location. We will also address your parking concerns with the appropriate staff. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Cant beat the Homewood Suites for quality of room, managers reception, business facilities. Brrakfast one of the best ever for a free breakfast. 5-10 min easy walk to the FQ and same to Warehouse District. New Irish Pub and Singnha Thai restaurant are 1 block away

• Stayed: July 2012

Hi Pathrover,

We are delighted that you found our service, and your stay to be superior. Our staff strives to exceed our guest's expectations, so they will be delighted to hear all of your wonderful comments. I am also glad that you enjoyed one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans (Singha)!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here a few days ago with my husband, 2 kids and my mother-in-law. The staff (especially Amelia at the front desk) were very helpful and NICE. I knew there would be a full breakfast, and a manager's reception that night, but no idea there woud be a complimentary dinner, too! Great value for New Orleans. I didn't want to be right on Bourbon Street with my kids and MIL, but the close proximity to Bourbon was great. When my husband and I wanted to get out, it was a short walk to all the bars and restaurants.

I will definitely stay here again!

Only con was that the water pressure was bad. Only complaint!

1  Thank Jenzey

Hi Jenzey,

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderul endorsement of our hotel. Amelia has only been with us for a couple of months, so she will be thrilled to hear that you were pleased with her efforts. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to your next visit.