“Fresh Oysters and Scrumptious Boiled Crawfish!!!”

J's Seafood Dock At the French Market
Ranked #330 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I had a blast at this place. We had 3 dozen raw oysters on the half shell. They were totally delectable, and they were very FRESH! We also had 1 1/2 pounds of boiled crawfish - WOW! Of course we had a couple of XX cervezas (beer) along with this great seafood. Yes, we pigged-out!! They also serve oyster boats, shrimp boats and fish boats; they consist of fried seafood in a hollowed-out bun (like a small french bread); excellent food! The atmosphere is great because there is so much happening; people from all over the world enjoying the French Market, there are so many vendors selling anything you can imagine. It is just a fun place to enjoy an afternoon. If you're shopping in the French Market be sure to sit and enjoy some great seafood at J's; you will be totally satisfied.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited New Orleans for 2 days and both days came here for lunch. Super fresh oysters and amazing boiled crawfish. If you want an authentic experience of New Orleans - this place is a must!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had the opportunity to go to NOLA for the 47th Super Bowl. As we were walking along the French Quarters where stumbled across NOLA’s best kept secret, J’s Seafood located in the French Market. The Charbroiled Oysters were absolutely delicious, fresh and the largest oysters I have ever seen. The oysters are smothered with parmesan cheese and baked to perfection. We did try the charbroiled oysters at other recommend establishment, but they didn’t compare to J’s. We found ourselves gravitating back to this family orientated business with southern hospitality where the customer service was absolutely charming and they made us feel like family. The crawfish were also outstanding, including the homemade gumbo. I would highly recommend anything on the menu and the prices were southern home-style cooking. extremely reasonable. Can’t wait to go back to NOLA and take our family to J’s for someone more

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just went there for lunch. I'm a local. The cashier was either under trained or just a fool. I ordered the boiled crawfish. I was sent to another area where there was a chaffing dish full of crawfish that look like they were boiled yesterday. He weighed up my two pounds which included half a boiled lemon and a lot of heads. There were a number that died before they were boiled, their tails uncurled. Lots were crushed and broken. Half of the meat I did bother to peel was mushy. I am shocked they have 5 stars. This whole experience was terrible and I feel bad that this may be someones first introduction to boiled crawfish. Just all around awful. I never do this, but I almost asked for my money back but when I went up no one was there. So awful. Ugh, avoid at all costs.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We were sent here by a tourist from Baton Rouge for the soft shell crabs. The chef was very helpful in explaining food items. The soft shell crab was the best we have ever had. Period. We also tried the crawfish pie. It was unbelievably good. I didn't want it to end. While there the staff was teaching other guests how to eat freshly steamed crawfish. They were do nice they even gave us 25% off chips for our next visit. Will definitely make this a must return on our next visit. The market place environment was perfect for a casual bite to eat.