“A real gem.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“A real gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2004

If your looking for a beautiful and romantic B&B in N.O. then you can't go wrong with the Hubbard Mansion. My husband and I booked our trip late and Rose (our hostess) was kind enough to accomodate us by letting us move from one room to another. I should mention that we were trying to book the first weekend of Mardi Gras which included Valentine's Day!
The two rooms we stayed in were Henry II and the Carriage House. Henry II was huge, beautiful, romantic, comfortable, and clean, clean, clean.
If you've stayed in N.O. before, you know how rare that is. We shared the Carriage House with another couple, which seemed a little awkward, but we were happy to have a nice place to stay. The Carriage House was not as romantic as the rooms in the Main House. However, it was very comfortable and clean. This space could be a great place for couples who are traveling together. A wonderful hot breakfast was served in the dining room every morning, and Don and Rose (the owners) are a delight.
The location of the Hubbard House could not be better. There's a trolley stop just across the steet that will take you to the French Quarter, and if you're here for Mardi Gras, the garden district parade route is just outside the front door. We had a wonderful time at the Hubbard Mansion - on Valentine's Day they even put flowers in our room with a plate of strawberries and a box of Godiva chocolates - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank helloteri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2003

My husband and I married and honeymooned at the Hubbard Mansion. It was our first trip to the Hubbard, but it will not be our last. The mansion is beautiful, the food excellent, and the service was WONDERFUL!! The Hubbards were the most gracious hosts and made our wedding and honeymoon the most romantic, unforgettable day of our lives. My husband and I travel a great deal and we are very adamant about having a clean room and a pleasant stay. We examined our room the moment we arrived.
Our room was immaculate, as was the bathroom(which had a jazcuzzi tub that was DIVINE)!! I highly recommend staying at Hubbard Mansion.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2003

Scarlet & Rhett could have been gracing the spiral staircase as I entered. Spent Thanksgiving there and was swept away by the Southern Charm, hospitality & grace.

The most phenomenal part of this HISTORICAL property was meeting the Hubbards. They are wonderful.

The Hubbard Mansion is a gift that I was glad to share. I am proud of the success and truly thankful for the opportunity th sleep on St. Charles Avenue, and so graciously too. C & L Boze

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2002

The Hubbard Mansion is beautiful, the food is superb, and the hospitality is unwavering. I'm very anal about cleanliness, (I watch Dateline)I could'nt find anything wrong with my room, and I looked. The bathroom with its jacuzzi jets, HEAVEN! Trust me when I say, I almost did'nt write this review, because I don't want it to be booked up when I call for the Festival next year.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member