“Excellent Facility and even better people!”
Review of Hubbard Mansion

Hubbard Mansion
Ranked #33 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Facility and even better people!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife and had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at the Hubbard House this past weekend. The location of this B & B is perfect. It is in the Garden District and only is about 2.5 miles from The French Quarter. The location of the B&B is ideal for a romatic weekend because you are close to the activity in The French Quarter but benefit from being in the quiet neighborhood ambiance of The Garden District. There are plenty of good restuarants within walking distance of the Hubbard House.

The mansion is gorgeous. Everything in the house was very clean and inviting. The rooms are large and very nicely decorated. We stayed in the Breon room. That room was very quiet and the large bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a reasonable size. Mr. Hubbard personally oversaw the design of the mansion and he obviously was concerned about the little details. The high ceilings, large windows, and modern bathrooms are some of the details that really stand out.

The most endearing thing about the experience was meeting Mr. Hubbard and Sheila. The entire staff was warm, classy, and caring. In fact, I had to be hospitalized during my visit due to a medical condition and Mr. Hubbard personally called to check on me several times.

I plan to make this beautiful B & B my home during my regular visits to New Orleans. I am already looking forward to my visit there this fall. The Hubbard House has indeed become my home in The Big Easy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bkgallman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Covington, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I were “referred” to Hubbard Mansion when our first choice for a night’s stay in Uptown New Orleans was booked. I’m very familiar with New Orleans but had never heard of Hubbard Mansion. For lack of an expedient alternative, however, we braved it, and it turned out to be a wonderful place! The house was built to be a bed and breakfast, so each room is accommodating and has a private bath. At the same time, the house is carefully decorated and maintained in a way that feels “homey” and authentic, like a bed and breakfast should. Add to that the high ceilings, wooden floors, crystal chandeliers and Greek revival façade and you get the full experience of staying in a mansion on one of the most opulent streets on the planet. Don and Sheila Hubbard are in residence and were very helpful and welcoming. The house affords off-street parking, which is a real premium on St. Charles Avenue, and it is very centrally located. You can step out the front door and catch the St. Charles streetcar right outside the front gate. Despite that, the house was quiet and we slept well with no noise from the Avenue or the other guests. The night we stayed, a Saturday night at the beginning of Mardi Gras, every room was taken, but we only saw the other guests as breakfast.
Our room was tastefully decorated with antiques and the linens on the bed were fabulous. My wife said they were hand embroidered. Even I noticed, and I usually wouldn’t. More impressive, everything was spotlessly clean. The walls all looked like they were freshly painted. The floors gleamed. It was amazing.

Sheila Hubbard sets a beautiful table, and breakfast the next morning was excellent. They serve with fine china and again, great linens. I never paid any attention to linens before, but these stood out.

Best of all, the price was very reasonable. I was shocked, frankly, by what we got for the money. It was an excellent value, excellent location, great rest, great food, with wonderful hospitality and management. We left the kids at home and went to New Orleans for a break, and Hubbard Mansion was the right place for it. We will stay there again, and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I believe there are five rooms and we stayed in the "Queen Dale." It was quite, comfortab...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick M
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had called another B&B initially but, as they were full, they referred me here. The house is absolutely gorgeous with wonderful decor, amazingly high ceilings, and was immaculate. The home appears and is furnished like an old garden district house but is actually only a few years old. Don and Sheila Hubbard were great hosts. We enjoyed speaking with them while eating a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cornhusker17
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've been to New Orleans many times and I have never had a more enjoyable visit. From the moment I stepped out of my car I felt like I was home and Mr Hubbard and Sheila did everything they could to support that mindset. Big bedrooms and nice baths and that little lagniappe of the whirlpool tub. Big front porch where I could sit with a gin&tonic and pretend I was at home. The streetcar line running in front of the house is very convenient and anyone who had ever been to New Orleans will tell you parking in the tourist areas is impossible SO take the streetcar. I dont want to forget talking about the great breakfast prepared each morning.. I was spoiled by Sheila the first day and every day it got better. I shall return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BamaNAD
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Hubbard Mansion the day we became engaged. Mr Hubbard and the staff made us feel so welcome and also celebrated our exciting news with us! The rooms were immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. The southern breakfast was delicious each morning. We plan to stay at the Hubbard Mansion each time we visit New Orleans!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna S
Louisiana
Reviewed April 17, 2011

If you hesitate selecting this B&B for your NOLA stay, you are missing out on a fantabulous experience. The Hubbards and their wonderful staff made our three day stay a total pleasure. Every day started with a Southern breakfast that made you want to get up in the morning. The rooms were appointed with every luxury you could ask for and the location was perfect - right on the St. Charles streetcar line. Compared to several other B&S's we met at, the Hubbard Mansion was by far the best. While my group and I were here for a convention - we will most assuredly all be back with our friends and family. Wonderful time in NOLA.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Tallulah44
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed for three nights and wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the linens are high quality. The owner and employees are warm, welcoming and gracious and the mansion is cared for meticulously. Easy streetcar ride to French Quarter and adds to the charm.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple