“Wonderful Stay”

The Parisian Courtyard Inn
Ranked #26 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I had a business trip to LA and MS and arrived the weekend prior and stayed at the Parisian Courtyard instead of one of the highrise chains on Canal street. The Garden District is mostly old stately homes. There are restaurants a block away on St Charles and even more a few blocks south on Magazine St. We were able to catch the streetcar on St Charles and headed to the French Quarter on Saturday night for the first Mardi Gras parade of the season. Tracey is a wonderful host and will assist you with any need. We had a quiet second floor room with everything we needed. The home is beautiful with many common areas to sit and relax, read or listen to tasteful music that was always playing. The breakfast each morning had everything to accommodate any diet or taste. Coffee and tea service was always available. We had several happy chats with Tracey and met some really nice people who were also staying there. We would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ours was perfect, top of stairs 2nd floor so it sat at the back of the house but I am sure any spec...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from staying here for an extended weekend after getting a recommendation from our neighbors who stayed here before. This was by far the BEST BnB we've stayed in. Tracey was incredibly warm and helpful even going so far as to call around for tours and things for us to do while we were there even without us asking. She did this soley based on things we said in conversation with her(ex: we mentioned we might want to do a Swamp Tour and she called some places she knew and then got times and rates for us, without us asking!) Honestly she made everything SO easy and the the whole trip was incredibly comfortable. The BnB itself is very comfortable and cozy. Breakfast was supposed to end at 10:00am but she kept it going for us late-risers anyways which was awesome. Honestly, we will be telling anyone we know to stay here when they visit New Orleans. I have no idea what it was like with the previous owner but I can say with certainty that you will be treated excellently while under Tracey's care.

As a side note, we had a great driver who ended up taking us to the swamp tour as well as to and from the airport named Lucien B Miller (504)722-8055. He knew the city backwards and forwards and was incredibly warm and helpful. Definitely not your average cabbie. Highly recommend him as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Parisian Courtyard inn was recommended by our neighbors so we happily booked for a weekend. Tracey the manager, welcomed us with open arms and couldn't do enough to make sure we were looked after! The breakfast served is amazing - i had low expectations of a B&B breakfast being a filler before eating out but there was a HUGE delicious spread laid out! Tracey also offered lots of help with directions to places and tour ideas. If it hadn't been for her input we would never have discovered the off the beaten path areas of the Garden District that she pointed us towards. The actual building is beautifully renovated for a comfortable stay, but still maintains all the historic charm and beauty.

Had a fantastic stay and would recommend this place 100% to anyone wanting an authentic New Orleans stay with top notch service! Will be returning!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My daughter's wedding was planned for over a year at Parisian Courtyard in New Orleans. I worked with previous manager, Jesse, with no problems. My last payment was delivered on Jan. 30, 2013, in person, and we thought everything was worked out. New manager Tracey took over on January 1, 2014, and made everything from then on a nightmare. She tried changing everything: party times, pricing, accommodations, etc. We argued over the phone and through email until we arrived on Jan. 17, 2014, for the wedding weekend. Tracey was so difficult to work with and embarrassed me on several occasions. She came into the parlor Friday night at 9:00 p.m. and announced that the party was over even though the only people there were guests of the inn (our out of town friends)! I rented the inn for the entire weekend and made sure all of the rooms were rented out, so there should have been no interruption of our get together at all. There are too many incidents to list here, but let it suffice to say it was a total disaster working with her because her attitude and demeanor were totally unprofessional. She wanted to make all kinds of changes to what we had in place and I begged to let us have our wedding as we had planned. I suggested to her that she could make her changes on Jan. 20th, 2014, after we left. Guest reservations were a mess because Tracey mailed me a list of guests and what rooms they were staying in and several rooms were overbooked, leaving several people with no place to stay.I didn't know what to do except to call our friends and family and tell them to try to find other accommodations. I have never dealt with someone so rude and unprofessional. I would not want this treatment for anyone else, especially for a bride on her wedding weekend. The most ridiculous thing that occurred was after the rehearsal dinner we came back to the inn to sit and visit. Tracey had the parlor blocked with chairs so that we could not enter!!! There was no place for us to visit even though we had booked the whole inn for the whole weekend. I contacted the owner of the property, as Tracey requested I do when I complained to her. Mr. Mack Groves told me he would issue me a refund because he was so upset about what I had shared with him. I told him that was a very kind and professional thing to do. I told him the venue was beautiful and had a lot to offer and with proper management, it would be successful, but things really needed to change. I had not heard back from him so I called him last week again. He said he was sick and would call me back later that day. I have not heard from him. Hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Room Tip: Get some sort of guarantee for your reservation because rooms were overbooked for our wedding weeken...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Simona H
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Tracy is the best and works very hard to meet her guests needs. This B&B is beautiful and lovely. They actually have a good breakfast. Try the almond croissants!
Suitable for everything from a business trip to a romantic get away. The location is awesome - less than two blocks to good restaurants Or the trolley Stop. Close to magazine street, which is so fun! We felt safe walking around day and night. This is definitely where we will stay next time we travel to the Big Easy.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Fabulous would be the only way to describe this B and B ! From the moment you enter the front door, it is an antique lover's dream and a step back into charming Old New Orleans. The property is absolutely beautiful and meticulously cared for. Jessie, the host , was so helpful, polite, accomodating, and courteous. After doing a walk - through, I booked this room at the last minute for my very special cousin from Florida who came into New Orleans for a week for Thanksgiving holiday.The location was awesome, easy parking, a block off the streetcar line, and the breakfast was heavenly ! Very beautiful, well appointed and comfortable rooms. You could not ask for anything more - I'd recommend this over any French Quarter hotel at twice the price. You won't be disappointed !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Treesearch1
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights in room 4. Amazing. Jesse was a pleasure to work with. We had a miscommunication regarding the reservation dates, but he did everything he could to correct the problem. The room is absolutely beautiful and the entire property is breathtaking. We easily walked to St Charles, Magazine street and to the World War II museum. I cannot wait to come back to New Orleans and I would definitely book the Parisian Courtyard for our next visit.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple