“Sleek, comfortable hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Jackson, Mississippi
“Sleek, comfortable hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a concert to attend at Mahalia Jackson Performing Arts Center so my partner and I turned it into a two-day French Quarter getaway. The Saint proved to be a fantastic choice, great style, comfortable rooms, attentive staff, and right on the edge of the quarter. The lobby and Burgundy bar are very cool and its within walking distance of anything in the quarter. It gets bonus points for being conveniently located right across the street from Domenica restaurant and the Sazerac bar in the Roosevelt Hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware, the HVAC units in these rooms can make it feel like refrigerator in your room (even set at...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are delighted you and your partner had such a lovely stay with us at The Saint Hotel!! Thank you for your comments about our location, great style and attentive staff! We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and on check in they authorised a total of $835 despite the total accommodation only amounted to $485 and the reception staff stating clearly that nothing would be charged to my card. Then once we checked out I noticed an amount of $634 taken from my account again. We are now $984 out of pocket while we wait for the next 5 - 10 days (according to the reception staff) for it to fall back through.

Staff need to be more clear with customers about their booking fees and like most hotels should allow customers to pay with cash prior to arrival as their current payment methods are most inconvenient for overseas travellers

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Emily C
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. As a hotel policy we do place an incidental fee per night on your card upon check-in. This is explained upon booking and again upon arrival. I do apologize that this hindered your honeymoon but I do hope that you enjoyed your stay. Congratulations on your marriage!
Winnsboro, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

First time in New Orleans ....
What a fantastic time....
The Saints & Sinners hotel is by far The most pleasurable experience ever!
I have traveled the globe, staying in wonderful hotels. but I have to say that this hotel is exemplary.
Upon arrival one is greeted by kind, caring and courteous staff, who makes ones stay a Royal affair.
The accommodations are superb....light airy, extremely modern furnishing and all the amenities one could wish for.
A full service hotel.....food that reflects "Nawlins" charm n tradition....the buffet was also superb! So much to choose from!!!

The hotel has a bar that oozes fun! with an inviting aura one simply cannot pass up and live entertainment to boot.

The security at this hotel is top shelf....which is important as one stays downtown....the staff cater to all ones needs...nothing a problem...... an excellent 'can do' approach.

So if you desire to be pampered....its a must to stay here......you wont regret it ....
"Sleep Saintly and Play Naughty" is the perfect slogan for this amazing place. ....
I cannot wait to return!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carmiebrit007
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are delight we exceed your expectations!!! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all your comments about our modern furnishings, great amenities, live entertainment and caring staff! We cannot wait for you to return either!!
Tampa, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip. It has a fantastic location, right off of Bourbon Street. Lots to do in the area. The hotel itself is quirky, as you can tell from the pictures from the website. I've stayed at Autograph hotels in the past, and generally speaking, they tend to be on the higher end of the Marriott hotels. This one was good, but not quite as good as the others I have experienced.
The lobby is small but cool; it has a unique vibe right off the bat, which I liked. Probably would have been better if I were with my spouse, though.
The room I had was small, but very clean and bright with brick walls and big windows. Everything was new and clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was quiet and comfortable. Wifi was fast (and free...or better yet..."included").
Breakfast service and food quality was good. Bar service was good. Room service was super fast, as it was a slow time when I was there. Valet attendants were great (but $40 a day to park your car??).
Overall, it was the little things that were a little off: no draft beer in the bar, no real cream for the coffee, fruit with breakfast was a few days too old, telephone in the room that didn't work (for wake up calls), leaky shower head, etc.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel, and the photos from the Marriott website are definitely an accurate representation of what to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
3 Thank 7691
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel during your recent visit to New Orleans! Thank you for your comments about our location, free Wi-Fi, unique vibe and great staff service!!! We hope you come back and visit again soon.
Broken Arrow, Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Saint is fun hotel with a cool theme. Their location cannot be beat. I would not want to be any closer to the French Quarter than this.
The rooms - much smaller than expected and had a brick wall for a view. I saw multiple photos on their website and other travel sites showing a white/blue themed room and a really cool red/black room. The red/black looked like a lot of fun however I am not sure how you get which room. The showers are also supposed to have some special lightening. Mine did not. Once they took my baggage to the room and we walked in, the room had not been completely cleaned. They immediately put me in a room across the hall and offered 2 breakfast vouchers. Again, the rooms are nice, however small. They apparently do not like to give out towels. The room had one bath robe, 2 towels, 2 hand towels and one wash cloth. Finally discovered that the towel room was one door down and just got my own.

Housekeeping - as I mentioned, the towel room was next door. I cannot tell you how many times I heard that door slamming before 8am. Very annoying.

Tempt - the restaurant has a very cool name and theme. It stops there. The service was extremely slow. The coffee was awful. When I tried to order something, the waitress would tell me it wasn't her favorite however I might like it. This happened with 2 selections. At this point I was scared to order anything. Ended up with French toast which was ok, just rich. They had a buffet on Saturday. Sat down and waited for about 5 minutes and never saw a staff member. I realized that the plates were already out, so I got food. I really wanted a bloody mary, however could not find a waitress. I was half done eating before someone came out. Ordered the bloody mary and was finished eating before it came out. The wait staff did not dress professionally. I expected more from a hotel of this caliber.

Valet - $38/night is insane for parking when you are paying over $200/night to sleep there. I learned to call and request my car as it takes a while for them to get the cars. The day I was leaving, there was lightening. I was told that they were not getting cars as a result of the lightening. They said they would call when my car was ready. Since I had a brick wall for a view, I could not tell if it was lightening or not. After 45 minutes and no phone call, it was check out time. I went downstairs and my car was there. No one called as I had been told. When I asked the valet attendant for my car, he told me I had to wait until he loaded another car. What? It's my car. I was ready to leave. I understand they want to provide a service and load my car, however I was ready to go. I had been waiting on them long enough.

Again, beautiful hotel and cool theme, however it is very overpriced. I should have stayed at the Renaissance for the same price. At least they have a pool and Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us the details of your stay at The Saint Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping department as well as Tempt. This is not up to our standard and I have just had meetings with all departments to discuss your review. Again, my sincerest apologies. I do hope you give us another try in the future so we can show you our your comments were used positively. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about this situation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels in New Orleans La hands down! My wife really enjoyed the stay here, her friends visited us and vowed the next time they visit New Orleans the Saint is their spot to stay.Very professional staff great decor and location. Thanks for a great experience will see you soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are so delighted you and your wife had such an amazing stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our wonderful staff and location! We look forward to you visiting us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure to stay at the Saint this week.
As others have noted, it's modern and somewhat quirky in a good way.
The location is on Canal St, a very short walk to the quarter. Being there on business, it's nice to be away from the hassles on Bourbon.
My room was a King, which had a very comfortable bed and a walk in shower.
In my opinion, what separates this property from others in NOLA, is the staff, who are Very friendly and helpful. From check in to the restaurant, I encountered professionals.
As a platinum with Marriott, I was given a free breakfast, as this hotel has no concierge lounge.
A great stay! I would recommend highly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike G
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel during your trip to New Orleans! Thank you for all your comments about our location, nice room, and above all the friendly and helpful staff! We strive to provide the utmost in guest service and we are so glad everyone was able to take such great care of you. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!