“Great staff, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #43 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida, USA
“Great staff, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip. It has a fantastic location, right off of Bourbon Street. Lots to do in the area. The hotel itself is quirky, as you can tell from the pictures from the website. I've stayed at Autograph hotels in the past, and generally speaking, they tend to be on the higher end of the Marriott hotels. This one was good, but not quite as good as the others I have experienced.
The lobby is small but cool; it has a unique vibe right off the bat, which I liked. Probably would have been better if I were with my spouse, though.
The room I had was small, but very clean and bright with brick walls and big windows. Everything was new and clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was quiet and comfortable. Wifi was fast (and free...or better yet..."included").
Breakfast service and food quality was good. Bar service was good. Room service was super fast, as it was a slow time when I was there. Valet attendants were great (but $40 a day to park your car??).
Overall, it was the little things that were a little off: no draft beer in the bar, no real cream for the coffee, fruit with breakfast was a few days too old, telephone in the room that didn't work (for wake up calls), leaky shower head, etc.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel, and the photos from the Marriott website are definitely an accurate representation of what to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 7691
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel during your recent visit to New Orleans! Thank you for your comments about our location, free Wi-Fi, unique vibe and great staff service!!! We hope you come back and visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Broken Arrow, Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Saint is fun hotel with a cool theme. Their location cannot be beat. I would not want to be any closer to the French Quarter than this.
The rooms - much smaller than expected and had a brick wall for a view. I saw multiple photos on their website and other travel sites showing a white/blue themed room and a really cool red/black room. The red/black looked like a lot of fun however I am not sure how you get which room. The showers are also supposed to have some special lightening. Mine did not. Once they took my baggage to the room and we walked in, the room had not been completely cleaned. They immediately put me in a room across the hall and offered 2 breakfast vouchers. Again, the rooms are nice, however small. They apparently do not like to give out towels. The room had one bath robe, 2 towels, 2 hand towels and one wash cloth. Finally discovered that the towel room was one door down and just got my own.

Housekeeping - as I mentioned, the towel room was next door. I cannot tell you how many times I heard that door slamming before 8am. Very annoying.

Tempt - the restaurant has a very cool name and theme. It stops there. The service was extremely slow. The coffee was awful. When I tried to order something, the waitress would tell me it wasn't her favorite however I might like it. This happened with 2 selections. At this point I was scared to order anything. Ended up with French toast which was ok, just rich. They had a buffet on Saturday. Sat down and waited for about 5 minutes and never saw a staff member. I realized that the plates were already out, so I got food. I really wanted a bloody mary, however could not find a waitress. I was half done eating before someone came out. Ordered the bloody mary and was finished eating before it came out. The wait staff did not dress professionally. I expected more from a hotel of this caliber.

Valet - $38/night is insane for parking when you are paying over $200/night to sleep there. I learned to call and request my car as it takes a while for them to get the cars. The day I was leaving, there was lightening. I was told that they were not getting cars as a result of the lightening. They said they would call when my car was ready. Since I had a brick wall for a view, I could not tell if it was lightening or not. After 45 minutes and no phone call, it was check out time. I went downstairs and my car was there. No one called as I had been told. When I asked the valet attendant for my car, he told me I had to wait until he loaded another car. What? It's my car. I was ready to leave. I understand they want to provide a service and load my car, however I was ready to go. I had been waiting on them long enough.

Again, beautiful hotel and cool theme, however it is very overpriced. I should have stayed at the Renaissance for the same price. At least they have a pool and Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us the details of your stay at The Saint Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping department as well as Tempt. This is not up to our standard and I have just had meetings with all departments to discuss your review. Again, my sincerest apologies. I do hope you give us another try in the future so we can show you our your comments were used positively. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about this situation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels in New Orleans La hands down! My wife really enjoyed the stay here, her friends visited us and vowed the next time they visit New Orleans the Saint is their spot to stay.Very professional staff great decor and location. Thanks for a great experience will see you soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are so delighted you and your wife had such an amazing stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our wonderful staff and location! We look forward to you visiting us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure to stay at the Saint this week.
As others have noted, it's modern and somewhat quirky in a good way.
The location is on Canal St, a very short walk to the quarter. Being there on business, it's nice to be away from the hassles on Bourbon.
My room was a King, which had a very comfortable bed and a walk in shower.
In my opinion, what separates this property from others in NOLA, is the staff, who are Very friendly and helpful. From check in to the restaurant, I encountered professionals.
As a platinum with Marriott, I was given a free breakfast, as this hotel has no concierge lounge.
A great stay! I would recommend highly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike G
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel during your trip to New Orleans! Thank you for all your comments about our location, nice room, and above all the friendly and helpful staff! We strive to provide the utmost in guest service and we are so glad everyone was able to take such great care of you. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Overrated = have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved. This hotel was ok but once you get past the fancy lobby area, there isn't much substance. Rooms are very small. Our view (or lack there of) was not very nice. Mildew in the shower. No pool. If you want to swim you have to hike up the street to a sister hotel (despite the fact that Marriott owns the Ritz next door). Considering that we paid the "boutique premium" price, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank SPERRY8302
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us your thoughts in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced from your view to the swimming pool location down the street. We would have gladly moved you to a room with a better view. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another try in the future.
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Lovely hotel, great Canal St location, couple of blocks north of Bourbon. Foyer is quite minimalistic and quirky. Rooms quite modern and comfortable - though walls are quite thin! Some entertaining features throughout the hotel. Great downstairs bar!!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! We are delighted you had such a great trip! Thank you for your comments about our great bar, décor and location! We hope you come back and visit again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with the nicest, most helpful staff I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. From the concierge, desk, housekeeping, and valet, all wonderful! The only reason I didn't give them a five was the breakfast buffet is expensive and average at best. Fortunately, the Ruby Slipper is next door! This is my new favorite hotel in Nola!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are so proud to be your favorite hotel in New Orleans!! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint! We appreciate all your comments about our fabulous staff - we have such wonderful staff members and each and every one are such an asset. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!