“Great place to stay in Nola!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
sydney
“Great place to stay in Nola!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Lovely hotel, great Canal St location, couple of blocks north of Bourbon. Foyer is quite minimalistic and quirky. Rooms quite modern and comfortable - though walls are quite thin! Some entertaining features throughout the hotel. Great downstairs bar!!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! We are delighted you had such a great trip! Thank you for your comments about our great bar, décor and location! We hope you come back and visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with the nicest, most helpful staff I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. From the concierge, desk, housekeeping, and valet, all wonderful! The only reason I didn't give them a five was the breakfast buffet is expensive and average at best. Fortunately, the Ruby Slipper is next door! This is my new favorite hotel in Nola!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are so proud to be your favorite hotel in New Orleans!! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint! We appreciate all your comments about our fabulous staff - we have such wonderful staff members and each and every one are such an asset. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was very impressed with my stay here. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming that felt right at home. The decorations really tie every thing together and make for an unforgettable stay. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Stay at the Lucifer. I know I wanted to;)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trinty C
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your amazing stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all your comments about our décor and helpful staff! We are so glad your stay was unforgettable and we cannot wait until you come back again!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have been traveling to New Orleans for 2 decades and I am only on the hunt for a clean, comfortable, well located property. I stay primarily at Marriott hotels and I saw this one on their web site and I decided to be a new type of Marriott. Very, very nice and their theme is "Be Naughty" . Well I was traveling for work and with my sister so that wasn't going to apply to me but maybe next time with my husband. I got a great corner room (708) that was quiet and immaculate. White tiled bathroom with a huge shower and fluffy towels. The décor was similar to one in South Beach with flowing floor to ceiling drapes. Very dark and romantic. The bar had a diverse menu of cocktails. I did not try the breakfast but it was crowded in the mornings. The staff was very helpful and caring. I will go back!! Summary-Marriott has a winner here.

Room Tip: 7th Floor room 708.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Tollinche7
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all your comments about our romantic décor, well appointed rooms and diverse cocktail menu. You will have to bring your Husband back next time you visit!!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I really, truly enjoyed this hotel. I've stayed in New Orleans many times, in many different hotels, and this has to be my favorite. Everything about the joint is very "botique-y" in the right and expected way, but there's one thing that set this place apart for me. It may sound trivial in print, and maybe even is in person, but to me, this hotel handles atmosphere better than so many others, specifically atmosphere from front door/front desk to room, and in room. For instance, they have a generally beautiful lobby. It's beautiful, but generic. But, you didn't notice that incredibly heavy velvet curtain behind which is a gorgeous but intimate hotel bar serving proper sazeracs and pimms cups. You hop on an elevator, and one of the walls is a constant loop of a b&w video performance by Elvis Presley on one elevator, and Louis Armstrong on the other, at least while I was there. At first Elvis seemed a bit incongruent to New Orleans, but I immediately felt my synapses firing making the connections, from Memphis to NoLa, of the persisitence of blues music and the hand these two had in the legitimizing of that style music. Maybe I consider too much, or assign meaning to things that don't deserve it. Regardless, it was a nice touch that really did make me think about the connections various places have with each other. The elevator doors open to your floor, and suddenly it's 11:00 PM on a New Orleans weeknight, and you're at a quiet and tasteful jazz club in the quarter. Lit exclusively by dim blue lighting, no additional light anywhere (you don't need it!), the halls are also lined with huge photographs of famous figures from the past and present, all black & white photography. I remember Marilyn Monroe and Rebel-without-cause James Dean in particular. Then you notice the lovely jass music being pumped into the atmosphere. Not a ray of natural light gets in until you actually enter your room, which itslef is stylish and particularly liked by all. The Saint also gets big kudos for introducing me to the wonderful line of Niven Morgan scents. They use the addictive bergamot and amber scent in many forms. It's wonderful, and I've since bought two large bottle of the stuff since my trip there. I heartily recommend the product. AND the hotel.

Room Tip: They're all good as far as I can tell.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ghost_Goat
Wow what an amazing review - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your awesome experience at The Saint Hotel!! We are delighted you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for all of your comments from our Jazz Music to the Elevator TVs to the Burgundy Bar. We agree that Niven Morgan products are splendid and we are so glad we got you hooked on them! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!!
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Few complaints: the coffee maker didn't work (they promptly replaced it), the TV remote batteries were dead (promptly replaced), the wake-up call button didn't work, fitness center OK but not really attended (eg, water dispenser was empty), and when I came back to my room late my last night, they had serviced my room but not replaced the coffee. But overall, I was satisfied and thought the hotel was very cool (decor, lighting, etc.). Staff/service was outstanding. Good location re French Quarter. Buffet breakfast was good but not worth the $20 (maybe would be worth it to some, but not to a vegetarian - better off heading to the nearby IHOP for my money). Great but expensive bar and an AWESOME jazz band on Saturday night. Would stay here again with my wife but not so much with my kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mario S
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all of your comments about our location, great live jazz, very cool atmosphere and staff service! I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced but am glad that our staff was able to get you taken care of immediately! We hope you and your wife come back to visit us again soon!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I've never seen a hotel quite like The Saint. The decor when you walk in is very unique.

Unfortunately during our stay, the air conditioning went out in our room in the evening before we went out for a night in the city. We got back around midnight and found a note in our room stating the problem with the AC could not be fixed. The staff handled it well and sent the engineer upstairs to help us move our belongings to a room down the hall while we were dead tired...and a bit tipsy. He also provided us free breakfast coupons for the trouble, and two extra coupons for two other people we were traveling with who were in a different room so we wouldn't have to separate for breakfast in the morning. They truly went above and beyond in rectifying the problem.

The hotel itself was very nice, with the black lit hallways and ruby red bar. It was central to several places for shopping, the streetcars, Harrah's Casino, and Bourbon Street was just a few blocks away.

The breakfast wasn't anything special and we had to wait a while before we were helped but the service we received for the broken AC trumps that and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike3887
We are delighted you had such a great stay with us at The Saint Hotel! I do apologize again about the AC issue but am so glad our staff was able to take care of everything and make sure your stay was not hindered! Thank you for your comments about our décor, location and of course staff service! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!