“Funky and fun”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 7, 2014

First off, the best thing about this place is the service. Every staff member, from the front desk to the bar to the bellmen, were unfailingly polite and helpful...not to the point of being fake, but genuinely seemed to care that we were enjoying our stay. That's a great base to start from, and they hit it out of the park...and should be very proud of their staff. All of them.

It seems like there's a hollywood or movie studio vibe to the place. A big spotlight near the elevators. Oversized chairs outside the bar. A very old school looking pool table in the lobby that I could imagine Dean or Bing or Frank shooting pool on decades ago. Even on our floor, it was lit up purple as we headed to the room. Even the shower was fun - lights on the shower head that went from blue to green to red as the heat of the water progressed.

Only complaint would've been the bed...very low to the floor and didn't seem to have much of a box spring to it. For a hotel that I'm guessing is going to be fighting for guests in and around the French quarter, the bed needs to be better. Simple as that.

Convenient to Canal Street and walking to the French Quarter. I'd give it a 5 just for the service and the originality, but the bed and sleep quality pulls it down just a bit. A better bed and I'd come back every time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your great experience at The Saint! Thank you for all your comments about our location, unique decor and above all the "out of the park" service! Our staff is truly amazing and I thank you for pointing that out. Also thank you for bringing the bed to our attention, I will speaking with my Owner in regards to that. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Walked into the Saint and never wanted to leave. If I could buy a room I would. This hotel is beyond perfect. My room was quiet and comfortable. The hotel is pure magic. The staff is kind and thoughtful. Just a touch of naughty and nice. The hallways are a neon blue light fantasy. The room set up perfectly. Only one complaint the bed needs memory foam toppers but that is only my need, a shower with the lights off, you will never shower in the light again. Central location to Mardi Gras. Will be back.

Room Tip: Great Central location, good price for the amentities.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We are so delighted you had such an amazing time at The Saint Hotel!! Thank you for all of your sweet comments about our decor, location, amenities and friendly staff. We would love for you to come back often! Again, thank you for all of your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection concept is trendy and hip and reminds me of a W Hotel in the Starwood Collection. A lot of attention is focused on the dramatic look of the lobby, the bar and the common areas. The rooms are small which is typical of old buildings in New Orleans but the beds are heavenly with great amenities in the rooms. I would not recommend this hotel for families - the decor and ambiance strictly appeals to couples and singles My room had only a shower so if you MUST have a bathtub you need to check with the hotel before making a reservation. We didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant was packed for brunch. Tried to get a drink at the bar on a Saturday afternoon during Mardi Gras and they were sold out of quite a few things we tried to get and the menu was limited to begin with. I did notice something strange, the bar bill was for 3 drinks only and the tip of 20% was FORCED into the total without any mention from the bartender. Glad I caught it before adding more tip for mediocre service

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter than the ones facing Canal street but the view was g...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angel T
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

We are delighted that you had such a nice time at The Saint Hotel during your trip to New Orleans. Thank you for all of your comments about our decor, comfortable beds and great amenities. I will speak my Bartendars in regards to the service you encountered. Mardi Gras can be a crazy time in the city. I hope you come back and visit us again soon!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here since the Ritz, where we usually stay, was sold out and since it is off the main streets and right next to the Ritz. The location is great-- off the main but v close walking distance. Decor & rooms: The lobby is striking. The rooms are fairly spacious although the decor is more trendy--it reminded of W hotels. The desk and entertainment center are functional enough and look nice, but one of the bedspreads says "play naughty" on it; personally I find decorating with words/suggestions annoying. The lighting in the hallways is blue--all the time, not just at night or in the evening, which is a little annoying. The bed and bedding were comfortable. It was much noisier than next door at the Ritz, you could hear more street noise, particularly emergency vehicles, but we didn't lose any sleep. Service & Housekeeping: The service at the front desk was prompt for check in & check out. When we requested extra towels once we got them quickly. Our room was clean overall and I'm quite picky about cleanliness. Twice we had to call to ask for our room to be cleaned (we were in & out at different times though) but it was cleaned right away. We did not try the restaurant or room service. There is a keurig w kcups in the room which is great since it's pretty good quality and really easy. A walk to Starbucks isn't far either. This hotel is a particularly good value for the price, so I decided to give it 4 stars instead of 3, even though it has a few quirks.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for your comments about our spacious rooms and great customer service. Thank you again for staying at The Saint and we hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Business trip - lobby is gorgeous, and rooms are decent, though a bit trendy. Room service is supposed to be available until 11 p.m. but "the kitchen decided to close early tonight." No other options for food other than to leave the hotel. Overall, a decent hotel with much potential, but still a lot of wrinkles to iron out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate you telling us how your stay was. Thank you for comments about our lobby. I will speak with my Restaurant immediately in regards to the service that you experienced, my sincerest apologies. I do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Ok we are here during Mardi Gras and its NOLA so you don't come here for quiet, that being said the hotel is in an fairly old building and my guess is the sound proofing was minimal. Most of the sound I expect - ie street noise, folks hanging out late in hallways kind of thing - again its Mardi Gras

What I did not not expect was our bed to shake around 6:30 every morning, not sure what causes that, the laundry room somewhere ? generator? Not a deal breaker but really unnecessary from my standpoint

The staff here was nothing but great, very friendly, helpful and seemingly well trained. I have mixed thoughts on whether I would stay here again - most likely not

Room Tip: Ask about the bed shake/rumble and how to avoid - maybe specific to some rooms?
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all of your comments about our lobby, location and helpful staff. Yes, New Orleans is at it's loudest during Mardi Gras weekends- we wish we could do something about that! We do hope you come back and visit us again soon! Again, thank you for staying at The Saint Hotel.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at The Saint for five days during February, for business. I knew very little about it and was attracted to it since it was close to where I needed to be. What a pleasant surprise. The staff was over-the-top accommodating, professional and always helpful. My room was comfortable and quiet (absolutely necessary as I had early morning meetings, sad to say!); the bed comfy. I was always acknowledged coming and going and felt welcome. Room was made up seemingly instantaneously when I left for meetings and was always ready when I returned in late morning. As for the blue lights in the hallways, yes, they are different but not at all bothersome, at least to me. It seemed to fit in perfectly with the New Orleans atmosphere. I would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We are so delighted you had such a nice stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all of your comments about our location, comfortable rooms and accommodating staff!! We hope you come back and stay again soon- and that you will be visiting for some fun!