“Strange hotel, mixed feelings....”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
The Netherlands
“Strange hotel, mixed feelings....”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ended in December 2013, I visited this hotel for 4 nights due to a convention. First I must say that New Orleans in December is not fun because of the weather and the visible effects of Katrina. In the evening creates an annoying and sometimes aggressive atmosphere around Bourbon Street, despite many great bars.

Now the hotel. Of course, the birthplace of New Orleans jazz, but a 24-hour loud music in the elevator and in the lounge is too much of a good thing. The rooms are good, but not exuberant, beds are perfect. Nice bathroom.

This is the first hotel I me worried how I would find. Emergency exit in an emergency This is due to the strange blue lights in the hallways. It gives a disorientating feeling.

.The breakfast was very mediocre, despite the good care of the staff.

Was very impressed by the atmosphere in the bar, cozy and regular live music.

Again it is a real hotel for business with little extras, well situated for the Congress, nothing more.

Room Tip: Take at least a room in the center and not near the street regarding the noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for your comments about our bar, live music, decor and beds. We appreciate you staying with us during your time in New Orleans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have spent 4 nights here and found this hotel to be very unique. It would have been a top recommendation except for our house keeping experience. The second day we had no coffee replacement for the Keurig. Then OU room wasn't cleaned the next day and today while the room was cleaned when we got back they had forgot to leave us towels in the room. We liked this hotel. It is convienent to Bourbon st and all the places here on Canal St. which includes the street cars. We enjoyed the bar as well. Nice front desk folks on every interaction. If the housekeeping was fixed this would have been a perfect stay. I would stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan S
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for your comments about our location, great bar and friendly staff. I do apologize about the housekeeping situation you encountered. I will speak with the staff immediately about this. Thank you for again for staying with us at The Saint, we do hope you come back to visit!
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my 1st night at the hotel... I left the hotel around 9AM to sightseen. I've just got to the room - around 6PM - and guess what? No room service was ever done to my room. The towels were dirty and wet on the floor, the bed was a mess. I could never think such high standard hotel could "have forgotten" to do your bed

Thank you for staying at The Saint Hotel. I apologize for the lack of service - I do hope you spoke with the front desk and they were able to get you taken care of. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to New Orleans.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We recently spent a four day weekend at this hotel and it was a very memorable experience. We typically stay over in the French Quarter somewhere and this was our first time on this end of Canal St. The location is perfect if you're interested in Bourbon St. and it's an easy walk to Jackson Square and the market area. The rooms are very modern and they follow the same saint/sinner theme as the rest of the hotel. We found the hotel staff to be very attentive to our needs and very friendly every time we entered the lobby area. The bar was very cool with a great bartender the nights we met friends there....there's even a pool table to kill some time on while you wait for people to show up. All in all, a very good stay.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can and ask for a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David L
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We are so delighted you had such a lovely stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all of your comments about our location, modern decor, cool bar and friendly staff. We hope you come back and visit us again soon and have a Happy New Year!
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2013

In New Orleans you want a hotel with a good, easy to reach location, The Saint is in a great spot right next to the Ritz Carlton on Canal St. Lobby is awesome, hallways to the guest rooms are very cool with blue lighting and easy on the eyes. Room is very modern, nice bedding, really liked the shower and bath. Hotel is new and it shows it, nicely maintained. Didnt try the food so wont comments. Staff was great. There is street noise in this area-it is the French Quarter.

Far better choice than the Mariott or the Sheraton, will stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are so delighted you had such a nice stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for your comments about our location, modern decor and great staff! We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Well, I think I have found the all-around worst Marriott property in the world. Where to start......
The parking is $40/day. I called for my vehicle and went down to no vehicle. The excuse I was given was that it was too busy and nobody went to get it. UNBELIEVABLE. I was listening to some wonderful music in the lounge on Thursday night when the clock struck midnight. There was such a rush by the staff to close, the bar back (or somebody) took my drink. I complained and the bartender brought me another but charged me. Again, UNBELIEVABLE to question a guest. Screaming, crying kids on my floor both days. My favorite, however was the two bottles of body lotion instead of conditioner and three caffeine free coffees in the room. I guess even color coding doesn't work. Lol

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, anywhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne L
I appreciate you expressing your concerns about your stay with us at The Saint. Thank you for staying with us and bringing these matters to my attention. I will speak with my Bartenders immediately in regards to the service you experienced. Our parking rates are competitive but we are happy to say we offer one of the lowest parking rates in the French Quarter. I will also speak with my Valet team in regards to the your waiting time. Unfortunately we cannot control the crying babies you had on your floor but we can control the products offered in your room so I do apologize for that mishap. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can show you how your comments were used constructively.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night in October, 2013 and enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was sufficient for a one night stay. The hotel definitely has some quirks but overall I would recommend it for couples/young people. The blacklights and "play naughty" blanket on the bed may not be totally appropriate for families.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all of your comments about our hip decor and friendly staff. We are delighted you had a nice time. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!