“What can I say....”

Ranked #49 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Australia
“What can I say....”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I were on a road trip through the South of America and didn't realise how expensive accommodation would be in New Orleans. We read a lot of reviews and saw that The Saint was the best value for money.

And was it ever!

We absolutely LOVED our stay here. ALL staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, the rooms were incredible and quite fairy tale like, and the location is close to walk to Bourbon st but not too close that it's noisy.

This hotel is an overall experience that I recommend to anyone. It's like stepping into a fairy tale. There is nothing else like it.

Thank you for such a fabulous stay!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SerandDi
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We are so delighted you had such an excellent stay with us in New Orleans at The Saint! Thank you for all your comments about our location, decor and friendly staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your fairy tale stay!! We hope you come back to visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wow, this is a beautiful hotel. We really loved the contemporary decor throughout the property. Love the "Play Naughty, Sleep Saintly" mats in the entry and elevators. This hotel is just perfect for a couple's get away. Service was a little spotty - front desk took forever to check us in and two out of four mornings the waitresses in the restaurants were just terrible and could use some direction. The breakfast was delicious. That all said I would never return to this hotel. EVERY night (and morning!) the couple in the room behind us literally shook OUR bed while they were..um...yep. We think it has to do with how the beds are bolted to the wall. It was disturbing and gross. We could also hear it all. Major design fail.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravlinTXFamily
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for your comments about our contemporary decor. Thank you for bringing these matters regarding your neighbors to our attention. I will discuss your comments with my staff. I hope you give us another shot next time you visit New Orleans.
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Cool place to stay. The only reason I gave it a four is the noise in the halls. Parking was $40 per day. Staff really good. Bathroom spacious. Rooms clean comfortable. I would stay here again. Decor really cool

Room Tip: Noise coming from sirens during the night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint. Thank you for your comments about our decor, spacious bathrooms and great staff! We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
new york
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Love the design of the rooms, bathrooms, and lobby! Housekeeping did a great job, refilled amenities. Staff friendly and helpful . Great location. Not cookie cutter at all! A real oasis from the hustle bustle of New Orleans! Also, have lunch at Commanders Palace with 10 cent drinks, then walk around garden district and cemetery.

Room Tip: high floor, facing canal st
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank continentalflyer
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for all your comments about our location, design, amenities and helpful staff! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When on a work trip our group rented out 90% of the hotel, they were very accommodating and even had special keys made to fit the theme of our stay and free wifi. Carl on the staff was very helpful and always said hello to me when he saw me entering or leaving the hotel. The bar in the hotel has a good variety as well as ambiance. The rooms are modern with a large mirror over the bed as well as good sized shampoo bottles, etc.

The bad part was the mattress seems to have not been changed out in a while as the "crater" that has been created of so many people sleeping on the left side of the bed was hard to move around as you would just fall back into the spot on the mattress with the most use.

The hotel itself is in a great location in which you can walk pretty much anywhere in the city. I did not try the food in the hotel but I did hear it was good.

I asked to have a taxi waiting for me in the morning as I had an early flight out and they even called me to make sure I was awake even though I didn't ask for a wake up call, which was great as I would have overslept.

Overall, nice hotel with a bit of an odd decor. They need to update the mattresses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessloren
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are so delighted you had such a nice stay with us at The Saint Hotel during Tales of the Cocktail! Thank you for all of your comments about our location, decor, bar and friendly staff. I will speak with my housekeeping department immediately about your mattress- thank you bringing that to my attention. I hope you come stay with us again soon!
Oregon, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location and every contact I had with staff was wonderful. Everyone was very helpful and also asked if I needed anything. I will definitely stay here again when coming to NOLA. The blue lighting in the halls is fun and interesting. A little bit of noise from other doors shutting but not big, I had an interior room so no street noise.

Room Tip: I prefer an interior room so less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank James H
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel. We appreciate all your comments about our location, decor and helpful staff. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at The Saint 7/9/13 - 7/12/13, and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is oddly decorated, but it's pretty, and it was a comfortable place to rest after a long, hot day of sight seeing.

My only complaint was that the housekeeping staff cleaned the room as if there were only two people staying there (3 of us shared a room, king bed and a roll away). For some reason, they only made one of the beds, didn't replenish the soap, or coffee, and only left us 2 towels. The front desk staff was very accomodating, though, and had everything we needed sent up to our room, upon our request.

This hotel is in a great location, as guests can easily catch the trolly, on Canal Street, or walk around the corner, to Bourbon Street.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. It's upscale, yet affordable, and the staff is friendly, and very accomodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda K
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate all your comments about our funky decor, location and great front desk staff! We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs again in the future.