“Hip Boutique Hotel on the edge of the French Quarter”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Saint is a recent addition to the hotel scene in New Orleans and different from most properties. Although it is affiliated with Marriott, this is a departure from the traditional setting of their other brands. The public areas reminded me of Hotel ZaZa in Dallas. But the public areas is where the similarities end.

We were quickly greeted by the valet and bellmen and ushered to the front desk where a most pleasant man took great care of us. In a matter of minutes we were on our way to our king room on the seventh floor. When I opened the door, I was surprised that the room was actually smaller that the photo represented. Although it was completely blue and white (everywhere), it was an interesting decor. The white lacquer-stye furniture was very contemporary. I loved the blue ceiling! The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower and a vessel sink. Plenty of storage space in the bathroom was a plus. I only wish they had better quality towels, something expected with this type of hotel.

I was disappointed in the mattress choice. It too was not up to standards for this type of property. The bed was a platform with a large mirror acting as the head board. Unfortunately, we were woken up two nights in a row by amorous people in the next room...our bed actually moved with them. Judging from the expression of the front desk clerk when we reported the events of the night, they reacted as if they had this complaint before.

Since the hotel is approximately one year old, It is my hopes that management makes a few tweaks to turn this hotel into a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask to make sure that the beds are not backed up to each other in adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel. Thank you for comments about our location, lobby decor, rooms, bathrooms and friendly staff. I will certainly address your concerns with my staff. I hope you visit us again in the future so you can see what improvements we have made. Thank you again for staying with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I surprised my wife with a trip to New Orleans for our 1st wedding anniversary on May 12th. I booked our stay here at the Saint Hotel because the decor is very much up my wife's alley. She loved this place! The rooms are a fair size, big by New Orleans measure. They are well appointed & very chic. The bed was comfortable & the bathroom was very nice. It gets hot in Nola, so we were very glad to find that the AC works very well. It got pretty frigid in there, which I prefer. We loved the location too. It is right on Canal street & only a couple of blocks off of Bourbon St. Quick, easy access to everything, but far enough removed to still get a good night's sleep without all the noise.

The service here was as good or better than I've ever received before. Everyone on staff that we encountered were beyond eager to help & always very pleasant.

We booked our stay through Priceline and it was still a little costly. The price was tough to swallow, but it's that way at all the hotels in the French Quarter, so I was okay ponying up a bit more to get a top notch stay.

We didn't eat at the restaurant on site, but we did enjoy a few drinks at the bar while shooting a little pool. It was a good time & the drinks were tasty, but pricey. You're better served to find one of many great spots elsewhere in the Quarter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

We are so delighted you had such a nice stay with us at The Saint Hotel! Happy belated Anniversary! Thank you for all your comments about our location, decor, rooms and friendly staff! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last two weeks. The decor of the hotel is great, service is great. First time I stayed I had a room with a great view, the second time the view was onto a court yard type area but still OK, there was plenty of light coming in the windows. The staff was friendly and very helpful, over all I received a good nights rest . The hotel bar was a nice break from the Bourbon Street bars and the staff was excellent and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The do have bands on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for tell us about our awesome stay at The Saint Hotel! We appreciate your comments about our location, decor, rooms and great service. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here during Easter weekend and had a wonderful stay. Unfortunately my travel buddy could not make it, however I refused to cancel the trip. I just love NOLA. This was my first time staying at this hotel and I will stay again. Since I traveled alone, the doormen made sure that I was safe, and offered suggestions that singles would enjoy. For instance, it was recommended that I go next door to the Ritz and listen to Davenport’s show. The show was excellent and is FREE! The rooms are on the small size but are very comfortable. I love the shower head in the bathroom that changes colors. I think that is such a modern touch. People complained about being charged when you took items out of the mini bar. I took items out to place my items in, and did not get charged (of course I replaced the items). I didn’t eat at Tempt however I attended the show in the bar. The singer was good, and knew a cross section of music. I worked out in the fitness center, and it is adequate. The best part of all is the location of the property which is around the corner from Bourbon Street. Second best aspect is the lobby, its very chic! Do yourself a favor and hop on the street cars to take a historic tour of NOLA. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a view of canal street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DSTDiva

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! We are so delighted you had such a nice stay. Thank you for your comments about our location, bathroom, fitness center and helpful staff. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel was in a great location and the service was phenomenal, especially Chad! We did wish there was a pool (apparently a rooftop bar is opening next year). Everything was very clean, the bar was great, and all within walking distance of all the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Milkieway
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We are so glad you had such a nice time at The Saint Hotel!! Chad is great and I will let him know your comments! Thank you for your comments about our location, bar, cleanliness, and phenomenal service. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last Decemeber, and traveled with another couple.
The location was fantastic, and just a short walk away from everything we wanted to see and do in New Orleans.
The staff were really friendly and efficient upon arrival. They organized our taxi back to the airport as well.
The rooms are small but hip and have high ceilings. The hallways on the room levels feel like you have stepped into a club as are dimly lit with lighting in a club like way.
The price seemed fair.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Saint Hotel! Thank you for all your comments about our location, great rooms, price and staff! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Modern hotel with friendly, helpful staff and a great location- just the right distance from Bourbon Street madness.
We really enjoyed our 4 night stay.
Clean rooms, comfortable beds, a small gym in the hotel- access to the larger Marriott gym and pool just 2 blocks away.
The lounge has funky decor- great for pictures! Overall a nice hotel and I recommend it to others making the trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryl H, General Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Saint Hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments about our location, rooms, comfortable beds, funky décor and friendly staff. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!