“Still working the kinks out but overall a great hotel!”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #49 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Still working the kinks out but overall a great hotel!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We checked in around 4:15 on Saturday afternoon. Went up to our room only to notice that it was not ready. After about 30 minutes of being switched to 3 different rooms we finally found a room that was ready. Staff was very nice and accommodating during that time. We ended up with an even better room (canal st view) and management gave us a $50 bar credit downstairs. For having only paid $120 total for this room on Priceline.com I was more than pleased with how they fixed the problem. Having said that, if I would have paid the listed price on their site of $300+a night u would have been pissed to walk in to a room that was not ready. Once those glitches are fixed this hotel will definitely be one of the best to stay at.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

From the very moment we arrived to the very moment we departed, EVERY member of the staff was incredibly friendly. What was special here beyond expectations was the genuine nature of our interactions with EVERY employee. It really stuck out and made us enjoy our stay even more. Overall, beyond incredible friendliness, this hotel was pleasantly hip, has a nice lobby with pool table and is in a great location. You cannot beat the value for the price. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was in New Orleans over the Christmas Holiday 2012 . Here is my good and my bad:
The good
the location is awesome maybe two or three small blocks from Bourbon Street.
the hotel is more modern/trendy than some of the other places on the block. Nice pool table, lounge, bar (I didn't have a drink there but appearance wise seemed nice), rooms were nice enough. Front desk staff seemed cool but I have an easy going personality, and I'm not that needy- so factor that in
The bad
There was really only three- We stayed Saturday, Sunday, Monday and we never got the room cleaned by housekeeping. They knocked- day one around 5p and I told them were going out in 15 minutes and they can take care of the room then. well, let's just say the room was never cleaned. On the 2nd night asked for clean towels since clearly they weren't cleaning the room. it took two calls and a stop by at the desk before we finally got fresh towels. that part sucked I never really had that happen before and I have stayed in my share of hotels from high-end to low-end. So I would say their HouseKeeping can break them if they don't get it together because of that I can't go back.
Lastly, my wife and I got there early, 8am. I had that planned, so we left to get breakfast. We were hoping to check in at their earliest. We checked in 2:30p. Again housekeeping sucked. However I can't totally blame them for that; they clearly state 4p check-ins.
Hope this helps; the other comments helped me

Jazzy Traveler

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marc H
Hartford CT
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed two nights, brand new, great location on corner of Canal and Burgundy. A great deal of care and thought has gone into the design of the hotel, very unique even for New Orleans! Slept well, Had a great breakfast there one morning. Shot a game of pool. Listened to some live music in the hotel bar. Worked out at the gym, which by the way has everything-free weights, cardio, cable TV etc. Unique blue lighting on all the room floors. Rooms are on small side, but clean, sleek and modern, tall windows with white curtains, high ceilings. Very affordable, part of the Marriott chain and also the Marriott Autograph collection.Next door to the Ritz Carlton. Valet parking. French Quarter right there, and also a short walk to the CBD.

Room Tip: High floor on Burgundy side had great views at sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mal723
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here the night of the New Orleans Bowl and got a great deal on Priceline!

The hotel staff at the door was nice and offered to carry our luggage, but we packed minimal and didn't need help. The staff checked us in before the actual check in time which was nice to drop our stuff off early.

We were on the 3rd floor facing Burgundy. Not a spectacular view but we were not spending a lot of time in the room. I was concerned about noise from the street but it was not bad at all and street noise did not disturb us. We didn't get a drink at the bar or eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that part of the hotel. Our room was nice and comfortable for our stay. The coffee was nice and they even gave us extra at the front desk.

One thing but not a huge gripe at all.....We didn't get anything out of the minibar but we did have a charge for two items. A simple call to the front desk corrected this and the charges were removed. She explained the minibar sensor went off when I peaked inside to see what was in there.

Overall a comfortable stay and we would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pine, Colorado
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. It has a funky, Alice In Wonderland feel to the decor. Location was very good. Service very good. Breakfast was delicious. Try the shrimp with grits for breakfast.

We debated between this hotel and the Ritz, and after walking through the Ritz next door, I really preffered the feel of our hotel better.

2 Thank Peggy303
Sean Z, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Peggy303:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to live up to our motto “Beyond good, there is great. Beyond hotel, there is the Saint Hotel”. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The first there we stayed here was during hurricane Sandy. Every thing was great leading up to the storm. Rooms are well appointed, clean and very modern chic. Only concern we've ever had is the bar. Young girl is more interested in serving her friends then bar patrons.
We love the hotel and is our choice every time in nola. We will be there this weekend again with 3 couples.

Dear Wick1979:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We raised your concerns about our bar at our management meetings and measures are implemented to address them. We look forward to welcoming you back this weekend. Thank you again for your review.