The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
1,356 results
All reviewsburgundy barplay naughtycanal streetblue lightingfrench quartercool hotelboutique hotelthe ritzshower headruby slipperhotel barthe general managerbourbon stexposed brickgreat barmardi grashigh ceilings
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Don’t expect Marriott standards just yet - More of a combination south beach meets W decor -i.e. pool table in lobby, white curtain dividers etc. and still going thru punch list- bell and valet staff not up to standards, Entire facility needs security. What was ready was the Bar and live music- kudos on Band selection!
As I was approaching hotel from the cab with two bags in tow, the bellman came out and walked past me leaving me to put down a bag and open the manual front door myself- not a good sign-turns out the hotel is still being constructed as i requested a larger room and was informed suites are not available yet as they are under construction. Proceeded to elevator and waited for the housekeeping staff to finish their wipe down of elevator floor - oblivious to my presence waiting to board- Valet seems like they need help - car was parked blocks away - so there was quite a wait in the am rush to get out and to work - OK so the staff needs to be trained up.
Once on my floor, the trendy "w" ish decor i.e. blue lighting, almost made it impossible to read my room number off the key envelope- turns out - next day they installed white lights above each door- i was ahead of the construction curve i guess.
Biggest concern was security, exterior doors do not lock- public can come into lobby at any time and play pool in the lobby - and all floors seemed accessible at all times- When i departed pre dawn- there was someone leaning against the wall at the end of my hall-just chilling it seemed certainly wasn’t hotel staff- once on street I mentioned to my co travelers and they responded they had someone on their floor hanging out as well- could have been same person just moving floor to floor . Hotel should put in key card access for exterior doors at night as the property is so close to quarter.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 125Eric
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I bid on 5 nights through Priceline on a 4 star hotel. After finding out which hotel I was staying at, I read the reviews. I wasn't looking forward to my stay.

On arrival, there were no bell hops at the front door. Pleasant greeting and room check-in. Found the room on the 7th floor was not clean. We went down stairs and were given another room on the 6th floor. As a concellation, we were told they would buy us a drink at the bar. Room was clean and nice. Beds were comfortable. I was allergic to pillows and was given hypoallergenic pillows as I had requested.

I took my drink up to my room and placed the glass outside the door when I was finished. My glass stayed there for 2 days, as well as other guests room service trays (just like I had been warned in the reviews). When the hypoallergenic pillows arrived (6 hours after my request), they were placed on the bed without pillowcases. Luckily, the housekeeper could be located and fresh pillowcases were obtained. The maintenance and housekeeping ride the same elevators as guests. They always seemed surprised when they realized there was a guest waiting to get in or out of an elevator. I rode the elevator with a supervisor and asked if she could send someone up to pick up the glass and trays in the hallway. After that, I never saw another tray remain in the hallway for more than a few hours. The towels were thin and not luxurious. We did love the robes, very soft.

The front desk people and bellhops (and I suspect bouncers) in the lobby were always friendly and helpful. On the weekend, we noticed the frontdoor was always attended. The bartenders were beautiful and classy. The music was enjoyable. We liked the pool table but thought it needed to be attended a little better. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but thought it looked beautiful. Yes the black lights in the hallway were strange but okay. Convenience of the hotel location was awesome. Pool and fitness rooms were not used by us. Not for children....in fact, why would anyone bring children to the French Quarter?

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel but would have been a little more fussy if we had payed full price. I think certain aspects of the hotel was a 4 star and other aspects were much lower. Still, I felt my expections were low and was pleasantly surprised.

The bergamot and amber scented oil was overpowering at times. The lobby area was too cold.

Room Tip: Canal Street is very noisy! Sirens, trolley, loud speakers, screaming, etc. Nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bnanas1
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I read many review and I was worried about staying here for two nights. It turned out to be my best stay in new Orleans yet. My wife and I travel to new Orleans twice a year and we stayed at many different hotels. We stayed at 2 star to 5 star and nothing compared to this hotel. The staff was well trained and always assisted you. The valets knew many great places to dine and also told us about a few local spots. The room were very mondern and had a great view of canal street. The bar offered great live music and very good drinks.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Joker88
Reviewed June 13, 2012

In February 2012 (2 weeks before Mardi Gras) we stayed at the newly opened The Saint on Canal St. The location is perfect for exploring the French Quarter. But, if you are expecting an elegant, luxury hotel inside the lovely historic exterior, you will be disappointed. The interiors are very trendy ... in the lobby, flowing curtain sheers (not uniformly hemmed) which gave an ethereal quality, Restoration Hardware furnishings, a pool table and a lovely little bar with "gnome" cocktail tables. The halls to the guest rooms feature blue lighting and the rooms themselves are stark white and very "sleek". Interesting, but not luxury. Our stay, hopefully, was unique because the property had just opened ... the hotel staff was very friendly, but, it seemed, not experienced in the hospitality industry and the evening crowd for the bar was very young. The hotel also has a lovely little restaurant Sweet Olive which we didn't have time to enjoy. Overall, not what we had expected, but an enjoyable (training) stay. I would stay again, maybe!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Upon arrival, I was a little leery no valet out front and inside the music from the bar was so loud I could barely hear the desk clerk to check in. The one valet did come back and parked the car but it was a little confusing.
At first the curtains in the lobby and the blue lights in the halls seemed a little much but after being in the French Quarter all day, coming back to the blue and white room was a peaceful experience. We were on a long road trip and this bed was the most comfortable of our whole trip.
Great location for seeing the French Quarter and right on the street car line. Keurig in the room was nice.
Too bad the band was so loud both nights ,we would have enjoyed sitting and having a drink but it was not pleasant in the lounge. Good thing you couldn't hear it upstairs.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple