The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$209
$179
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
1,356 results
All reviewsburgundy barplay naughtycanal streetblue lightingfrench quartercool hotelboutique hotelthe ritzshower headruby slipperhotel barthe general managerbourbon stexposed brickgreat barmardi grashigh ceilings
Reviewed June 5, 2012

At first glance, The Saint looks great! Beautiful lobby, amazing decor. The bar and restaurant are stunning and sleek, as are the rooms. I happened in here the first week they were open, in January, but didn't stay then. This was my first stay. We were really looking forward to our stay.

We arrived Thursday night, and were greeted by Carl at the front door and Michael behind the front desk. Both were wonderful, outgoing and charming. Our teenage daughters "claimed" the first room we entered, which was a cool corner room with two walls of windows (room 820) and we were down the hall. Smaller room, only one wall with windows. Michael was quick to give us another corner room (520) and we were so grateful.

Dinner at the Sweet Olive was good, but not great. A disappointment because their sister restaurant, Coquette, in the Garden District, is one of my favorites in New Orleans. The manager was well versed in the menu and was helping the waiter, who was virtually clueless. Nice enough, but didn't know a trout from a drum fish. Maybe he should find another line of business because this is definitely not in his skill set.

The bar was great - live music Thurs - Sat nights. Very good bands, great service, reasonable prices and fabulous ambiance. We went around to the Ritz next door and the Sazerac across the street in the Roosevelt, and our bar was by far the best and most fun!

The only negative was the service as far as details. I know they are fairly new, and are maybe still working out the "kinks" but it's been 5 months, and it's time to get it together. Our girls' room was stocked with a full mini fridge and snack bar. Ours - nothing. I mean, not one bag of chips or bottle of water. We had a fridge and a snack tray, they were just both empty. We mentioned it upon check in and Michael said he'd have someone come stock it. They didn't. We mentioned it again the following day and the next. Still nothing! They seemed very sincere when we asked about it and said, "yes, we'll take care of it right away". Still nothing!

We had coffee and a light breakfast each morning before heading out. When we returned the first afternoon, about 3 pm, the room had been cleaned, but the breakfast tray was still there on our desk, with bread and toast scraps on the plate and the half empty cup of coffee. Maybe the person cleaning the room thought we might want to finish it when we returned? Anyway, we set the tray outside our door, and called down to let someone know to come pick it up. When we left for dinner at 6:30, it was still sitting there, and believe it or not, it was still there at midnight when we returned. The same (identical) thing happened the following day! We began to feel like we were living through "Groundhog Day".

The last morning, we went up to the 9th floor (the roof) to see how far they are on the construction of the pool and fabulous rooftop bar they mention on their website. It is not even under construction yet. Just a concrete slab and a boarded-up door when the elevator doors open. If you want a pool / bar, go to the W!

All in all, it was a good trip and I would stay there again, but hope they get their service together.

Best breakfast: the Ruby Slipper or Camellia's in the Quarter

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyQinHou
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I read some reviews for The Saint and was a little hesitant on booking here. I probably should have listened to them! Before I even got there, I should have known something was up. I initially booked for two nights and wanted to modify my reservation to only one night. Three phone calls, 20 minutes of waiting and 3 confused desk people later, it was finally resolved!

This place passes the surface test. Friendly valets when you pull up, beautiful sheer curtains when you enter the lobby... this place looks swanky & snazzy!

And then the checkin process begins.... and all the sexyness of the lobby is turned into frustration dealing with the employees. The kid working the front desk (I want to emphasize kid, b/c he looked and acted the part of a 18 y/o) was clueless. There were two people ahead of me and he was a lost puppy dealing with them. He was panicked and kept talking about being overbooked and what he was going to do if these other six rooms come and who is he going to bump from their reservation.

After a patient 15 mins, he finally gets to me. At the same time, another employee shows up and handles the guy behind me in line. Apparently the other guy was quicker than the kid, and the two employees went back and forth b/c the person behind me in line got the room I was supposed to get. The two employees are openly talking to each other about which other reservation they are going bump to squeeze me in. Back and forth, unprofessional banter on who they're going to bump. Whomever trained them, they need a refresher on things to say - and not say - in front of customers!

About 10 more minutes go by and the guy behind me in line goes off to the elevator, off to his room. Here I am, sitting here, watching these two employees argue w/ each other about who they are going to bump to get me into my room. Finally, I just asked them if it would be easier if I came back in an hour or so. They were excited that I offered this and took my bags behind the courtain at the counter.

After finally getting our room - and a $30 bar credit for our frustration - we got to our room. At first glance its pretty sexy! Exposed brick walls, modern chairs and decor, sheer curtains, etc. Then upon further review, the carpet trim along the floor is completely coming off in a three foot section in the corner of out room, about two square feet of paint above the shower head is completely chipping and falling off. Nothing says clean hair like shards of paint! These sorts of things would be acceptable if I was staying at a Ramada by the Airport, but not for Marriott's newest boutique hotel in New Orleans!

Trying to shower can prove to be quite the task. The bathroom looks great, but the water pressure is like trying to shower with a gentle mist. It wasnt a problem for me, but for any female with any sembelance of long hair, it equates to a 40 minute shower. The shower also leaked about two gallons of water onto the bathroom floor.

Another annoying caveat, the beds are not good for anything other than sleeping. The way they are mounted (or not mounted) to the wall, your neighbors will quite annoyed with the banging noise if you opted to do anything but sleep! And during my sleep, I hapened to wake up to go to the bathroom and found a golf ball sized moth buzzing around my room. Lovely! After 5 minutes of quitely swatting & not trying to wake up my fiance who would flip her lid if I told her there was a moth, it finally hid somewhere never to be seen again... well by us at least.

When we were leaving, I asked what appeared to be the manager on duty to hail us a cab to the airport at 5pm. He looked dumbfounded by this request and told me to just go outside. A simple - and accurate - response would have been. There is a taxi stand outside of the hotel where the cabs line up for our hotel and the Ritz Carlton next door. They are always lined up out there......... nope I got a confused, why are you asking me this answer

This hotel has a TON of potential! It's in a great location, blocks from Bourbon St and the rest of the Quarter. Its got a great look and feel to it. The problem is just that it is being run to the ground by the current staff and management team! How could a new hotel have such aesthetic issues in the rooms is beyond me. With the right staff in place, this place could very easily take its rightful place as NOLA's swanky hip hotel. Until those changes occur, all I can say is ugh...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank scott b
MCB0779, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thanks for the feedback! It is unfortunate that you didn't have a great experience, the vast majority of our guests rave about the decor and the service they receive. I love the hotel and it's a great place to work. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for any shortcomings you experienced, I hope you give us another chance
Cheers!
Michael Benedetti

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Used Marriott points for a stay at this hotel in April. Nice hotel at a great location but service problems with room. Room was not cleaned one day but the tip was taken. Had a hard time getting wash cloths and room safe never worked. Manager never returned phone call or email message when I tried to inquire about a partial point rebate that promised from front desk staff that never happened.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fedchecker
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel is a wonderful modern refuge. I loved the decor. The lobby was always nice to come back to after a long day out and about in NOLA. If you don't like city noise, buy some earplugs. I feel like some of the negative nancys on this website want Ritz Service at a Super 8 price. People are little stressballs. Really, a cooler in a hotel room? Go to the campground!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice hotel good location brand new! Nicely decorated very hip! Staff was helpful!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends