“Great Little Property. Don't trust the negative reviews.”

The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #48 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta
“Great Little Property. Don't trust the negative reviews.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel is a wonderful modern refuge. I loved the decor. The lobby was always nice to come back to after a long day out and about in NOLA. If you don't like city noise, buy some earplugs. I feel like some of the negative nancys on this website want Ritz Service at a Super 8 price. People are little stressballs. Really, a cooler in a hotel room? Go to the campground!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Boyertown.Pa
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice hotel good location brand new! Nicely decorated very hip! Staff was helpful!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I drove in to New Orleans around 14:00 PM on a Saturday knowing that the hotel's published check in time is 16:00 PM. It was my intention to use the Valet Parking ($38 a night) however as I drove slowly by the front of the hotel (Ritz is directly next door) I didn't see a clearly marked spot for The Saint Hotel valet, even pausing at the light; there was no hotel staff in sight so I took a right on Dauphine and drove by the side door, again no staff. There are plenty of parking garages in this block so I drove down to Iberville St. and parked in Premium Parking for the two nights which with taxes was $26 a night.

My short walk to the hotel again found no staff until I hit the front desk and waited with some other customers for 5 minutes (was told he had to go somewhere and would be right back).. At 14:00 there were no rooms available for them or for me when I finally was helped. I stated this was fine and I would need to have a bag stored until a room was available which worked out well. I left with the impression that the hotel front desk was in a limbo state between the 11:00 AM check-out and 16:00 PM check in times.

After a few hours in the French Quarter I returned to the hotel side door and did pass one of the hotel staff that greeted me which I know is an important trait of a well run hotel and trained staff. New man at the front desk counter at 17:00 PM and all went well.

Lobby is interesting however I didn't spend much time there or in the adjacent bar but I believe it very nice and would be a great place to meet friends for cocktails before going out or upon return.

Hotel Elevator: Lack Key Card Access to floors above; I believe this is an important layer of security that is lacking in this hotel so unless the hotel is alert and knows you by face, there really isn't anyone controlling access. So use the the room safe and ensure that you take precautions when in and out by using the locks and do not disturb sign.

Room: NIce, Clean, Fresh, Air-Con worked Great, Wi-Fi Free speed okay. The mini-bar and tray containing chips, candy bar, bottle water appears to be of the computerized billing variety so I was careful not to disturb anything I didn't want to buy ($5:00 was the low price). There is an adequately large room safe that my laptop fit in easily and an iron and board are there for those in need of a press. There is a coffee machine that uses those little pre-packaged coffee pills but the cord on the machine lacked and slack to allow the machine to be brought closer to allow water to be put in. Bottled water would have been the ideal way to fill this with one cup of water but since there is no complementary bottled water, I used the coffee cup which spilled a bit.

Room Service was available from the Sweet Olive however I decided to try it in the morning myself. But before that, I wanted to check out this roof top bar that in hotels guide states "Opening in Spring 2012". Well this is Memorial Day and the first day of summer so let's check it out. Upon the opening of the elevator door on the 9th Floor, I was greated by the roof and nothing but some minor construction that is not happening. My first thought is that the management needs to put a key in the button for the 9th floor and not let people see this until that are ready.

Workout Room: Published guide in room says it is on the 3th Floor, I did not visit it.

Pool: NONE

Back to Sweet Olive and my breakfast; At 09:00 AM there was no one in the restaurant except some seated customers when I first walked in and after 45-60 seconds I saw a young man at the coffee / bar area. I walked up and asked if I should take a seat or be seated. He was actually the best help in there and after I was seated he asked about drinks; coffee and juice. A few minutes later a girl showed up and asked me what I wanted to drink, again coffee and juice. Two minutes later the same receptionist from my first experience at check in walked by and asked if I was being helped to which I said yes. About 5 minutes later I got coffee and juice and ordered the Sausage Gravy and Biscuits ($11 on the menu). What I received was two split biscuits that were sparely graced with the gravy (about 75% coverage) ; it had flavor but with only a couple chunks of meat in it was unsat in my book. When the bill came the Sausage Gravy and Biscuits cost $12 vice the published $11; this was brought up to the young lady that was waiting on my who said she would fix it......She Did NOT. TIP: a few slices of fruit e.g. melon, grapefruit / orange would have jazzed up this otherwise basic breakfast entree.

It was not the fault of the wait staff I think, they are trying but clearly something is missing in this restaurant at 09:00 in the morning and that is leadership. No one was waiting at the door, hotel staff help themselves to coffee regularly during my meal, waitress says thank you as she is walking away. The young man tried very hard to make sure I was helped and stated as much several times; kudos go to him but the young lady that stated she would fix the price did not and just brought back the bill with my change, She did not address the uncorrected price probably because she doesn't have that right in the register. I believe the price was raised but not changed on the published menu (which is $11 in the room service and restaurant menus).

Check Out: fast

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money on Valet Parking; drop the bags off at the Dauphine St side door...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sailorboy4real
larchmont, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights with my daughter. I was a little worried when I checked in at midnight and the music was blasting in the lobby but it all turned out beautifully. The hotel is meant to be "cool", much like a W Hotel. The lobby is very chic and is quite beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quite large and very nicely decorated with a really nice bathroom and flat screen TV as others have indicated. We were very comfortable and had a very nice stay and would most definitely recommend this hotel. It was at the edge of the French Quarter which was good because we needed to walk a little after all that good food!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

The moment I walked in the entrance I felt like I was home in South Florida. This hotel feels like it belongs in South Beach. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by Malcolm asking me if I needed help with my luggage. FYI good guy to know your way around. David was very good with the check in and Katy was extremely accommodating to me and is a true professional. They have in house DJ spinning some great tunes and a very nice lobby and bar. It is located in a great location and walking distance to everything. I cannot forget Michael since he was the first one I spoke to on the phone to book my stay and he was real with me and he was the one that convinced me to stay at The Saint. One word describes this Hotel for me and that's sexy. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Every employee had a smile to share and understood the importance of customer service. Whether we needed a cab, directions, or a recommendation on what to see and do the staff were extremely helpful. After doing alot of walking and sight-seeing, it was nice that the housekeeping staff ensured there were clean towels twice daily. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel.

We chose to fly into New Orleans and not rent a car. We're glad we did. The Saint is very centrally located. A short cab ride from the airport; trolley cars stop directly across the street, or we could walk to wherever we wished. It was especially nice to be close enough to the French Quarter without having to endure the choas that sometimes comes with that area. We're glad we chose the Saint for our 5 day / 4 night get-a-way.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th Floor, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here for business for 2 nights in May and really enjoyed this new little hotel. It's very modern inside with some fun decorations and the whole hotel (that I saw) was very clean. My room was lovely, with very high ceilings, a huge bed, exposed brick wall, and white marbled bathroom. The shower was huge and felt luxurious for a hotel shower. Some people might not like the dim (read: dark) hallways, which are illuminated by purple lights, but I thought it looked cool. I ate at the restaurant, which had some good food, although service was slow. My only complaint was that both treadmills in the fitness room were not working when I was there, and it was hot and stuffy in the fitness room as well. However, I'm from New England, so I might just be more sensitive to heat and humidity than most people in the South.

The hotel location was great--right on Canal street, literally right on the border of the French Quarter. I went out my last night to dinner and it was only a 5-7 minute walk from the heart of the French Quarter back to the hotel. The staff was friendly enough but didn't go out of their way for the most part.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Canal street and on a higher floor if you are a light sleeper or bothered b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business