“Great Place”
Review of Superior Seafood

Superior Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Superior Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I had my b day dinner here on , Nov. 1. My husband made the reservations for a party of 20 about two weeks prior. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready, they were pretty busy. It's was no biggie because our entire party hadn't arrived anyway. It took about 30 minutes to get seated. Once seated our waitress was "on it". I can't remember her name, but she was great, to say she practically did it alone. Our food took a while! But when it finally arrived everyone really enjoyed it. I heard no complaints. I has the chicken breast dish (that's not the name of it) it was delicious, one of the best chicken breastfeeding I have ever had! I'll definitely be returning.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

It had been a year or two since my last restaurant outing in New Orleans, and I was absolutely thrilled to visit another "Superior" location (Superior Grill not far away is also a phenomenal choice).

I attended as part of a large dinner party, and was pleasantly surprised and the service, and speed given our group was around 30 people. Hors d'oeuvres were served (fried oysters, and shrimp crostini) before the set menu came out, and we were certainly hungry for more!

Dinner service started with a salad, and I chose the Blackened Fish Napoleon for my main entree. Those nearby had the Shrimp & Grits, and the Tchoupitoulas Chicken. I heard nothing but great things from those around me. Dessert was a very well prepared Crème Brûlée (the other option was the Flourless Chocolate Cake).

In summary, this is a fantastic addition to the Superior family of restaurants. I would absolutely recommend this to friends, family, business colleagues, and anyone else looking for high quality local-fare.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I loved the raw oysters. The drinks were strong!! We hung out here and had a great time. Staff was super friendly. Bar taught my husband how to mix New Orleans drinks. Mojitos and oysters were half-price during happy hour. I strongly recommend this place for anyone visiting the Garden District.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Just happened upon it when we had to change from the streetcar. We had gumbo, shrimp poboy and the shrimp and grits. All were great. Service was excellent by both waiter and manager. Extra special treat was their dollar desserts. Seasonal pumpkin bread pudding was fantastic. Would go again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had an outstanding dinner with a large group of friends. Service was great and the food was excellent. The bacon wrapped shrimp was awesome! The specialty drinks were very good and overall I think the meal price was right on target!