“Great food”
Review of Superior Seafood

Superior Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Superior Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,024 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I ate there 3 times in my ten day stay, it was that good. My favorite dish was the Shrimp & Grits. Absolutely wonderful. Moderately spicy, and you can tell that the shrimp are fresh. The grits were creamy and just right under that wonderful sauce. Service was also very professional.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We ate 2 dinners and 1 lunch at the Superior Seafood on St Charles Avenue 2 blocks from the Avenue Inn B & B. This is an excellent restaurant with very good prices. Creme Brulee (I am a fanatic for this) was $1 at lunch!!

1  Thank Jekbride
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our family enjoyed a great meal here in March... even those who don't like seafood found great choices and food on the menu. The special Happy Hour Mojitos were great too! The prices are very reasonable and choices many...check out their website for complete menu. I had the "Buffalo Trace Shrimp" - generous servings and yummy. My daughter-in-law who loves scallops got the Seared Scallops and they were excellent. My son-in-law ordered the Chargrilled Oysters and even got me to taste my first oyster that way! the flavor was very good! (I'm still not a oyster fan however!) There were 8 adults and 2 kids in our family and we were pleased with the service and overall give this restaurant an Excellent rating! I had to call to switch our reservation time twice as we were vacationing and had trouble estimating our timing that day - they were very friendly and accommodating when I called to move our time up from 6:30 to 4:00 and then later back to 6:30 when our day ran long down in the French Quarter... it was on a Sunday, and we were wanting to dine early, so it wasn't too hard to do this, but they were so nice with our "flip-flopping" our time on the day of our reservation! We fed a family of 10 with drinks included for a little over $300 -- Not bad for New Orleans & seafood!! We were staying just down the street at the Best Western on St. Charles, so it was an easy drive, walk or street car ride away!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed after trying this restaurant of based on the reviews in TripAdvisor and also from our host. Had shrimp kebobs with tasso sauce and our other meal was a shrimp salad. Pretty sure the shrimp in the salad were frozen. The kebob was just grilled and did not have additional flavor. Just so so.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed it. Appetizers are all pretty good. Crawfish cornbread is a little too sweet, the Ahi Tuna is excellent. Meal are moderately priced for this area and a good value in my opinion. Service has always been good and outdoor seating is nice as well. Give it a shot.