“Two Tales to A Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vacherie

Vacherie
Ranked #163 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“Two Tales to A Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I really did not fully appreciate this place until our last day brunch. We spent every nite cap here with the most delightful bartender ever. On Sunday we discovered our mistake, wonderful food and service. Our brunch of mimosas, andouilli sausage hash, eggs Creole Benedict, and my crawfish gratin were heavenly, not to mention biscuits as big as a cats head. No line and the new orleans alist locals were there every day for some type of celebratory brunch. Good wine happy hour ansd pbr for cheap but cold. Great off Bourbon retreat with a super hotel attached.

1 Thank Springtnme

san antonio
“Good Louisiana style food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very much home style Louisiana fare. My husband really liked his frog legs; I had some good crab and crawfish. The service was decent and the atmosphere is nice. It wasn't at the top of our list, but we may try it again.

1 Thank wendySanAntonio
Durant, Oklahoma
“Amazing (expensive) Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We opted to eat breakfast here because it located in our hotel. I did know in advance that is was not cheap and had great reviews and an interesting menu. When we went down, it was empty. No customers or waitstaff. We stood around awkwardly and then popped in at the place next door to ask if the cafe was open. The gentleman there said yes and escorted us back over to a table and said he would find someone for us, about that time a lady emerged from the back and gave us menus. After that the service was good. Our waitress took time to make suggestions and explain menu choices to us.

I had the andouli hash (excellent!), my 7 year old had french toast , my 11 year old has some sort of fried dough with cane syrup, and my 2 year old had fruit. The total was around $65. The cafe was charming, including a fresh flower on every table and white table covers. I would eat there again but it was not the kids favourite.

1 Thank rainalea
San Francisco, California
“Great Food, Quiet Restaurant in a VERY Noisy City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I asked the concierge at our hotel for a restaurant suggestion and my three wishes were: Good food, casual, and quiet enough to have a conversation. The concierge sent us to Vacherie and we were all (party of 4) pleased.
The food was VERY VERY Good. I had the local cured smoked meat, pickles and cheese board and the Crawfish Etoufee as my entree. The only part of the evening that wasn't great was the coffee.....YECH! Not a great way to end such a pleasant experience.

1 Thank THSF
London, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here on our first night and it was very good. Returned for breakfast next morning which was excellent. Well worth a visit

Visited May 2013