“YES PLEASE!”
Review of Kajun's Pub

Kajun's Pub
Ranked #109 of 241 Nightlife in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans' premier karaoke bar. Karaoke 7 nights a week 9 pm - when it ends... Over 60,000 songs to choose from. An automated kiosk for signing up. Smokeeters installed in the bar remove all the smokiness. Best alcohol selection, great prices, great fun.
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Well, how much do I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! Its sunday and Im sitting in the bar now drinking my 10 dollar bottle of champagne! Waiting on Booze, blues and seafood to start, a new sunday tradition that I hope stays around awhile. PLUS they have outside tables now and on a day like today, its a very welcome addition!! The food is new as well and SO good. Try the Char-broiled oysters, puts Drago's to shame! The Bartenders are on the ball, the owner is a hoot and the regulars are as friendly as they come. Okay...let me think a out a complaint.....thinking, thinking, thinking...OH, i got one...the new subwoofer's are a bit much...so when karaoke starts I usually head for the door...But, trust me by that time it's time for me to go because i've had one to many of their very inexpensive drinks. The well mix drinks are 3 dollars! I MEAN COME ON and draft PBR $2.50. Pool table, Juke box, and over 100 different types of liquor behind the bar! WOOT!

1  Thank Dwoodruff6

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Just off the tourist trail, but a very short cab ride away from the French
Quarter, lies Kajun's Pub, where everybody knows your name, though far and away from Cheers. A very interesting mix of mostly locals (don't be afraid) hangs out here to drink and eat...the karaoke scene is where the local talent performs, many are very good. The remainder might not make it to the finals on American Idol, but it takes a lot to get up and do this. The very fresh grilled oysters are excellent and I would say better than Acme or Felix's and costs less too! JoAnn sits at the bar and will welcome you with a "show and tell" about Hurricane Katrina. Did you know she is a honorary
US Marshall?? Ask her.... I liked this place

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We ALL know that Kajun's Pub is THE BEST Karaoke Bar in the city of New Orleans and quiet possibly in the world.

However, now we have SEAFOOD and BLUES every Sunday, last Sunday we had a local group 30 x 90 the place was hoppin and the Oysters, shrimp and crawfish & BLUES were flowing. That was just a prelude to the Karaoke that keeps us rolling all night.

I love Kajun's and we have such a wonderful melting pot of customers. I'm proud to work here and St Claude Avenue & Kajun's is growing in leaps and bounds.

Also have to say, anyone who knows me, knows I love good food. I am not saying this because i work at Kajun's Pub we definitely have some of the best seafood in the city and the price is more than fair. We had a few tourist swagger in Sunday and they had oysters and craw fish and raved about them and were so pleased they found us (they parked in front to walk to the French Quarter Fest).

It is my wish for out of towners and new local customers to find us, hoping this review will help! When I go to a new place traveling i love to find the places the locals go.

EVERY Sunday is Kajun's Blues, Booze & Seafood
April 22, Kipori "baby wolf" Woods
April 29 Little Freddie King
(both of these guys are playing Jazzfest)

Come by and see me, (Robin) 7 am - pm3 Fri-Mon

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Cheap beer is a requirement for me, as I am a man of simple means, and these folks got it...AND pitchers! You could (and probably will) get pretty hammered on just what's left in your pockets from earlier in the night. Because Kajun's is best experienced later-on.

The people here are generally nice (and incredibly diverse), which is good because there's often a whole bunch of 'em...another reason I like to go later...weeds out the light-weights and opens up more places to set your drink. Carrying around a pitcher of beer just makes me feel like too much of a drunk.

They have food now, but I haven't gotten any yet...but it looks pretty good. They also have wi-fi, show football games, and have all kinds of events there; but like I said, it's mostly a late-night place for me.

I saved the best for last: the karaoke. They got the fancy touch screen so you can search though the catalog without hassling the DJ and you get your own login and everything. This comes in handy because you can browse your history and fill in the gaps of your spotty memory. They also have wireless mics and two conveniently located screens.

Basically, this is THE karaoke bar as far as I'm concerned. The atmosphere is laid back enough that you'll enjoy embarrassing yourself and the clientele is varied enough that you won't hear the same songs over and over.

Just don't blame me if you end up staying until they shut the machine off and wake up in some random place in the Bywater.

1  Thank Jason C