“Just wonderful!”

Marigny-Bywater Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are skilled and professional body workers trained in a variety of modalities. We specialize in Couples Massage, where the two of you are able to share the experience together in our beautiful brand new studio located at 811 Bartholomew Street. We also offer Table Thai, Deep Tissue, Swedish, Neuromuscular Therapy, Reflexology, Sports Massage, and Chair Massage. We customize each session according to our client's needs, therefore we do not operate like a spa. We focus only on reconnecting the mind, body and spirit using Massage Therapy. Thank you for booking with Marigny Massage and we appreciate your business.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Everything about this massage was wonderful. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. Erika was professional, friendly, and caring. It was apparent from the beginning that she has a lot of experience and a wide range of knowledge on different forms of massage. I really just can't say enough good things. I'll definitely be back.

Eddie O, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking time out of you day to write a wonderful review. I really appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about me. Massage Therapy is not a job; it's a lifestyle! Thank you for booking with us and we look forward to many more sessions. Have a Happy New Year!

Erika W

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I on a recent visit to New Orleans booked a couples massage with Marigny Massage. We drove from South Florida and needed the massage and relaxation after that long drive and a few days of foot touring through NOLA. We must say we both had a wonderful session! Very professional therapists, clean and relaxing environment, friendly service at a very affordable price. The massage itself was wonderful. We are back in Florida now and we are still feeling nicely relaxed!! Thank you Eddie and Erica! See you on our next trip.

K. and T.

Hi K and T,

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to write us a wonderful review. We really enjoyed working on the two of you and we are happy to know that you are still feeling relaxed now that you are back in Florida. Please let us know when you book your next trip to our beautiful city. Thanks again and have a Happy New Year!

Eddie O & Erka W

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After my exhausting trip back to New Orleans I needed to unwind and I found Marigny Massage on Trip Advisor. This was the greatest massage I have ever had and I highly recommend going to see Eddie & Erika if you need a massage.

Hi Young,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a wonderful review. We are happy to know that we helped you unwind from you trip. Welcome back to New Orleans.

Eddie O & Erika W

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Eddie and Erica are wonderful, very nice and affordable... looking forward to getting another deep tissue massage with them soon.

Eddie O, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hi Nika H,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a wonderful review. We appreciate you booking with us at Marigny Massage and we look forward to doing bodywork on you in the future. Thanks again and have a great week.

Eddie O. & Erika W.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This review will be based on my/our experience travelling to, the location & finally the massage.

First, we booked a couples massage based on TripAdvisor ratings since we were both beat from walking around the French Quarter and prior to that the stress of work. Read that it was a great massage in their studio. We took taxi to the Marigny district which we were not familiar with since most of our short time was spent in the French Quarter. Since it looked like a home (which it was) I wasn't certain this was the place. The cab driver graciously waited to make certain we were in the right place. I knocked on the door & I tried to turn the handle to go inside. No one there at first. Then door opened & Erica came out to greet us. She said they hadn't put up a sign yet. I'm used to having therapeutic massage in a professional studio or spa environment so I was not too thrilled to be inside someone's home. We were told to go upstairs where there were 2 massage tables setup. Had to use the bathroom & there were no hand towels to use. Place looked unkempt but it was clean.

OK, so finally the massage: Mine was by Eddie & Erica had Vinny. I have to say it was one of the best massages I have ever had. Both Eddie & Erica were extremely professional, thorough, & pleasant. They listened to our needs and they knew exactly what to do. It is evident they are experienced & well-trained. I was relaxed & could see Vinny was getting a great massage as well. We had a 1 1/2 hr massage that was approx $200 and we did leave a gratuity because the massages we received were that good. They gave us each a bottled water to hydrate after our massae. Both Eddie & Erica are very personable--they even gave us recommendations for some jazz venues for us to check out .

Suggestions to Eddie & Erica: Place a sign outside your door so folks will know that they are in the right place. You should also consider getting a few folding/privacy screens to make the massage area more professional looking & a few hand towels for guests using the bathroom.

Again, coming from Boston I am used to a more professional looking atmosphere. However, if you don't mind leaving the French Quarter & going to someone's home for one of the best & reasonably priced massage you'll ever experience--do go see Eddie & Erica. They really are that good.

1  Thank Marion L
Eddie O, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hi Marion M,

Thank you for writing us a kind review and recommendations for our space. We are both thrilled that the bodywork you two received from us was one of the best y'all ever had. After you plan your next visit to New Orleans please give us a ring to schedule an appointment. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to write us a review.

Eddie O & Erika W