“They are the best folks! You will be so pleased, as we.were!”

Marigny-Bywater Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are skilled and professional body workers trained in a variety of modalities. We specialize in Couples Massage, where the two of you are able to share the experience together in our beautiful brand new studio located at 811 Bartholomew Street. We also offer Table Thai, Deep Tissue, Swedish, Neuromuscular Therapy, Reflexology, Sports Massage, and Chair Massage. We customize each session according to our client's needs, therefore we do not operate like a spa. We focus only on reconnecting the mind, body and spirit using Massage Therapy. Thank you for booking with Marigny Massage and we appreciate your business.
“They are the best folks! You will be so pleased, as we.were!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I got a couples massage and it was the very best! They are professional and truly heal with their hands. I have RA, very severe. After Eddie worked on me I was able to go and do all the activities I wanted while we visited NOLA. Erika was able to relax my husband for his first massage ever, (no small feat) Eddie was able to work all of the tension out of my muscles and stretch my joints like no other therapist has ever been able to do. I plan to fly up every month or 2 now for massage therapy with Marigny Massage!

Edward_olavarrieta, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hi Lisa D,

We are thrilled to know that you were able to do all the activities that you wanted to do while visiting NOLA because of the bodywork you received. We can't thank you enough for taking time out of your day and writing us a wonderful review. I hope your Husband enjoyed the book I gave him; I'm sure he did since it is written by a Texan. Speaking of Texans; The Saints are playing them tonight so don't cry and be mad at us when we win. We look forward to future sessions with the two of you. Thanks again and enjoy the day.

TEXAS
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Perfect Couples massage”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous couples massage with Erika and Eddie. Erika gave me a wonderful and relaxing Thai Massage with stretching and Eddie did a deep tissue massage on my husband. We coud not have been happier with our experience and will definitely be calling them next time we are in town. As a matter of fact I even gave out their phone number to a friend who is going to New Orleans tomorrow and recommended the highly.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank KVAMPBELLA
Edward_olavarrieta, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hey K & G,

We cannot thank you enough for recommending us and for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for letting us do bodywork on the two of you. Ya'll are an amazing couple and can't wait until you return to our beautiful city. Thank you for sharing all the humorous stories and listening too ours. It's amazing how people that have never met can bond instantly; which is the case here. Thank you for coming into our lives on a professional & personal level. Please let us know when you plan on coming back or if you spontaneously arrive here please feel free to knock on our door. Ya'll rock & are welcomed here anytime. Yeah you right.

San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome massage”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Eddie and Erika are amazing. They accommodated us just before they went on vacation and the experience was outstanding. Eddie did my massage and Erika did my wife. Both of us agreed it was the best we ever had. Eddie worked on my sore back and I felt great afterward. We will visit them again next time we are in NOLA.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Miker1943
Edward_olavarrieta, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write us s wonderful review. We really enjoyed doing bodywork on the two of you. Please give us a ring when y'all visit New Orleans again. Thanks again and look forward to future bodywork sessions.

Nashville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Eddie can "read" a body!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I saw Eddie for a massage this week. It was great! Eddie mixes a couple techniques and is not afraid of doing what ever he needs to do to individualize a body's needs. He seems to have a special gift of sensing an individuals trouble spots and working to give relief. Just know, if you are looking for a plush day spa, their studio is not that (I say this for visitors that arent accustomed to many French quarter/Marigny businesses). The focus here is the body and healing, not the attention to bricks, mortar and high paid spa design. I loved it!

1 Thank cpmsport
Edward_olavarrieta, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and writing a wonderful review. You have made my year. I am very happy that you mentioned our #1 priority is to help our clients heal. It was a pleasure doing bodywork on you and please give us a call on your next visit to our beautiful city.. Thanks again,

Eddie O.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great dynamic duo!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Meant to write sooner... we had a deep tissue treatment by Eddie and Erika a couple of weeks ago. Great massage in the whole of NOLA. Not only are they caring and professional, they are a such a sweet couple. Eddie actually offered us a ride and gave us a ton of recommendations for places to eat and see while in NOLA. We love their attitude and down-to-earth, super chill vibe. It's darn true... it's LA not L.A. ; )

Visited July 2012
2 Thank hppywndrrs
Edward_olavarrieta, Owner at Marigny-Bywater Massage, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We appreciate your sweet review and it was a pleasure doing bodywork on you two. We look forward to seeing you in Thailand in the near future. Yeah you right, This is LA not L.A. Thanks again.

Eddie & Erika