“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St James Cheese Company

St James Cheese Company
Ranked #92 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Mission To provide our guests with a meticulously selected and unexpectedly diverse assortment of perfectly ripe cheeses, charcuterie, and gourmet grocery items. Our menu has been carefully built with contemporary and European style sandwiches, salads and cheese-centric items to please all types of food lovers.
Lake Charles, LA
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

HOLY COW! I plan on coming back here as many times as I can manage! This food was SO good!

Foie gras - OUT OF THIS WORLD & it was only $10!!!!! I still can't believe how delicious it was. Served with homemade blueberry lavendar jam! I got some to-go!

Hook's sandwich - wasn't for me, but it still tasted good - I'm going to try the gruyere next time! :)

They have multiple options for meat/cheese boards. We opted for 5 cheeses. They definitely did NOT dissapoint. Wow. So good. Heavenly. MMMMM.

If you are reading this ... STOP! Just go there! NOW!

STOP READING -- GO!!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kittiecatshoes

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food and CHEESE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I took my husband here after sampling some of their cheeses at a networking event i went to, I was not disappointed! I had their gruyere sandwich it was melty and delicious and my husband love his sandwich too. The only complaint i had was that the tables seemed a little close together not leavening us or the employees much room. You can come here and just buy cheese or they have a lunch counter with a good wine menu.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katykat33
Milner, Georgia
“The Best Cheese Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The cheese and service are excellent here! You can get a plate of cheeses where they chose the cheese for you. They will ask what type of cheese you like, and they do the rest. A great place to learn about cheese too, they will tell you about the cheese when they bring it to you. I almost always buy one or more of the cheese they chose for us. A GREAT place.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Scotus
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Cheese-a-Holic Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Although we like cheese, neither my fiance nor I are familiar with all the types of cheese. The staff helped us decide on a platter, and we had a very filling lunch. Both of us were very impressed with the quality and the selection of cheeses available.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rabulione
Atlanta, GA
“Amazing meats and cheese - disinterested staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a assorted meat and cheese tray which was divine. The wine was overpriced and the cashier had no idea how to ring up the first item on the board. Once the tray was delivered the waitress forgot what half of the items were and didn't care to find out for us unless we specifically asked. Wonderful food but need to work on the knowledge level of the staff.

1 Thank Sarah B