“Cheese-tastic!”

Ranked #123 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Mission To provide our guests with a meticulously selected and unexpectedly diverse assortment of perfectly ripe cheeses, charcuterie, and gourmet grocery items. Our menu has been carefully built with contemporary and European style sandwiches, salads and cheese-centric items to please all types of food lovers.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cheese-tastic!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We got lunch at the St. James Cheese Company. They had some fantastic looking sandwiches, but we went with a cheese board, the better to try their cheese. And their cheese was fantastic. We especially liked what I think was the Fleur de Maquis. But they were all very good.

Visited November 2012

Indiana
“Amazing Sandwiches”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

On Prytania in the uptown section of NOLA, this small retail cheese and sandwich shop is a gem. You won't find many tourists here, just locals looking for really good food at more than reasonable prices. My wife had the SMOKEY BLUE SANDWICH (the description is from the website)
House smoked Mycella blue cheese, top quality roast beef, Worcestershire mayo, tomatoes and lettuce on toasted Wild Flour multigrain bread. $8.95
This was the best sandwich I've ever tasted. The blend of distinct yet wonderfully combined flavors is really outstanding.
I had the "Hooks Cheddar" sandwich, and without adding from the website it is a blend of turkey and veggies on Ciabatta that absolutely satisfies.
Compared to what you get for a couple of bucks less at chain restaurants this is an amazing value and an authentically tasty place. Oh, and the Creole Creamery is just about a block away, so dessert is taken care of as well.

• Visited October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“A little out of the way, but very good”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I tried to convince them to sell me some of their chutney it was sooo good. My brother lives in NOLA, so this is an out of the way place that he took us to. It was totally worth it. The food was fantastic. It is a limited menu, but everything I tried was great.

• Visited February 2012
Springfield, Virginia
“Dreamin of cheese”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have thought about this since I left. I loved it. Crowded but worth it. Yummy!!!

Visited June 2012
“Cheese, cheese & cheese”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great find during a stroll along Magazine Street. Sandwiches were fantastic. Worth the trip!