“Rustic Creole Cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
735 Touro Street
Voodoo sofa and day bed Voodoo living room and fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Voodoo sofa and day bed
Voodoo living room and fireplace
Voodoo living room
Bordello Fireplace
Halloween Guests
Bienvenue - Back house for groups of 8 or more
Back House Living Room
View of dining room and sofa sleeper
Shiny new kitchen ... brand new appliances !
Back House Master Bedroom
Breakfast and BBQ
Ruby Slipper - Breakfast and Lunch
Mule Carriage Route to Jackson Square
Okra Man
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

M00ey
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Rustic Creole Cottage”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A group of eight of us stayed for five days and four nights and rented the entire cottage. The rooms all had an authentic feel and charm and we were all very comfortable. There were some plumbing problems while we were there (beyond the control of Dayna, the owner) but they were addressed quickly & efficiently. The accomidations are centrally located within walking distance to a number of attractions and are right around the corner from Frenchmen's Street. Lots of awesome music clubs with a variety of styles to suit everyone's taste. Dayna was very helpful with making sure we had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay.

Liked best: Location Location Location
Liked least: bathrooms
Jan 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments and stay. I do apologize again and I am very grateful for your patience as issues are addressed. I hope to welcome you back! Dayna
Picton
Reviewed December 20, 2012 for a stay in December 2012

kfspins
Rockville, Maryland
“Nice place for couples or singles, walking distance to everywhere!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We found this place on trip advisor and had no problems booking. There were five of us staying and we rented the whole place, so everyone had their own bed. She also had an air mattress available in case it was needed. The beds were very comfortable and the place was clean. Dana keeps it stocked with what we would need and if something wasn't there, we could ask. There is a TV which we didn't use. The wifi did not work well in our suite (I'm not sure about the other rooms), but Dana said it worked better if we sat in the courtyard. I didn't try it, it wasn't that important to me at the time.
The place is within walking distance of alot of the activity in the area and there was a small restaurant across the street that was open 24 hours. Dana had brochures and recommendations for us if we were looking for anything.
If you have a car the city just made the street parking in front 2 hours only. We had no trouble finding parking in the next block though.
The five of us (cousins for a girls weekend) were very comfortable here and would book it again if we go back.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Oct 17, 2012
Hello Frozen Tundra,
Thank you so much for the kind review and the suggestions. I enjoyed having the girls weekend away here in New Orleans. I have since put a wifi booster in the Voodoo and made the painful trip to City Hall to get resident parking passes for guests .. so thank you again and I hope to see you on a future trip to the Big Easy.
Dayna
DonnaV428
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

We went for the Jazz Festival 2012. The cottage is absolutely wonderful. We stayed in the Jazz Suite and our friends stayed in the Voodoo Room. It was perfect in every way. The decor and atmosphere was so New Orleans and welcoming. The location was superb. Walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. Great restaurant right across the street. Dayna was very accomodating and thoughtful. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The coziness of the courtyard.
Liked least: That we had to leave :)
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Nevada
Reviewed July 16, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Jul 16, 2012
Hello Tutoring!
Thank you so much for your review and all of the helpful information about our wonderful neighborhood. It was delightful having you as guests and hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans.
ox dayna
Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Kevin S
Houston, Texas
“A great time in a real New Orleans neighborhood!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We went to the second weekend Jazz Fest (May 3rd-6th) and stayed in Dayna's cottage. There were 3 of us and we stayed in the Jazz Room comfortably. Funny enough, at first the room was booked and I asked Dayna to keep me in the loop if something opens up. And sure enough, it did!! I had to thank Dayna so much for putting me at the top of her list, it was a great time! It was the perfect location in the heart of Marigny for walking distance to French Quarter, Frenchman's Street and anything you could imagine around the center of New Orleans. The neighborhood was friendly, safe and inviting. And even with all the action and festivities on for Jazz Fest, the cottage was a tucked away in a quite spot so we were assured to get a good nights sleep. I was amazed to see what the new tenants and surrounding neighbors have done with these beautiful New Orleans neighborhoods since Katrina and MY MIND WAS BLOWN!! I loved my visit to New Orleans and my stay with Dayna in the Jazz Room! Im going back in the Fall with a group of 6-8 friends and i know they are in for a treat!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The neighborhood was in the perfect location, off Royal Street squeezed between the French Quarter and Frenchman's St!
Liked least: NOTHING! It was perfect
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks -- I do try to manage my wait list and I am so happy that this worked out for you -- I enjoyed getting to know you. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you in the Fall!
Dayna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing