“Good lunch option if you're at NOMA.”
Review of Cafe NOMA

Cafe NOMA
Ranked #503 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This cafe in the museum is another Brennan owned enterprise. We ordered a feature flatbread with shrimp and scallops, which was quite large and tasty. My husband said the turtle soup was very good. Overall a decently priced and satisfying quick lunch.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was recently visiting the New Orleans Museum of Art and it was lunchtime. I went to Cafe NOMA and ordered a chicken salad croissant and a cafe au lait. Friendly efficient service in a lovely setting. And the sandwich was outstanding! No wonder that Cafe NOMA was awarded "America's Best Museum Restaurants" in 2013 by Travel and Leisure Magazine.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

NOMA is a very nice museum with a great permanent collection as well as rotating exhibits, and worth spending most of a day there. So you will need sustenance, and the Cafe is a good place to take a break and re-fuel. We go to a lot of museums at which the cafes are quite exceptional and there seems to be some sort of competition among museums in this department. The NOMA Cafe is a decent place with a limited menu but suffers from comparison with the splendid restaurants in this city as well as with other major museums.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to take a break or have lunch while visiting the museum. Menu is limited but has some variety. Looked like there were lots of choices for an adult beverage.

Did a quick trip to NOMA via the Canal/Museum(park) trolley with a short walk to the museum. NOMA admission was free on Wed. so a decent meal at a fair price made it a good day trip.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had no hopes of having a decent meal in a museum cafe, but we were starving. We were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food we got at the NOMA cafe. My husband had the Cuban sliders, and I had a turkey bacon panini. Mine was pretty good, and he loved his. I had a strange lemonade concoction with basil, which *almost* worked. I like that they are very creative with their menu, which allows them to either WOW or fail. For what they are and what they are expected to do, I think they do it fairly well. I would try them again.