“Good breakfast”

Ranked #43 of 2,242 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Ninth Ward
Description: Located in Bywater area of New Orleans about 2 miles east of the French Quarter that attracts the hipster crowd. A chalk board lists menu items consisting of fresh local produce and healthy ingredients, a divergence from deep-fried heavy Southern foods. Sandwiches include portobella mushrooms, roasted pear, BLT, ham. Fresh salads consist of dark leafy greens, endamane, quinoa, etc. Fresh juices made with seasonal satsuma, limes, beets are are squeezed, pulped, per order. Also has an appetizing selection of breakfast items. Other items include freshly baked muffins and pasteries. Free WiFi is used by many customers thereby occupying tables and can make it difficult to find a table for newcomers. Smoking area is outside in the patio.
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We visited a couple of time for breakfast and every time was better. Has good juices, all natural and with some blends of fruits. The meal was tasty and good size

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (200)

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

I’m disappointed to not live right around the corner from Satsuma anymore. This is a great breakfast or lunch place. They have a selection of healthy salads, sandwiches, snacks, and juices. I suggest the Turkey BLT on sourdough with a side salad. You may think it’s a little pricey your first visit, but keep in mind they offer fresh, organic ingredients.

You go in, order at the counter, get a number, and seat yourself. The waitstaff is friendly and caring, so a good tip isn’t wasted.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

My wife and I were staying in the Bywater area of NOLA at the Lookout Inn for four days in March, and we had to find places to eat breakfast. We decided that we would try this place on our daily walk from the Inn into the downtown area of NOLA. This place was just over a 10 minute walk from the Lookout Inn, and had an outdoor garden area in which to sit in, although on our first day it was a little too cool for us to sit outside.

We ordered a couple of fresh orange juices and our breakfast. The Avocado Toast with egg over easy and Lox for my wife (the most expensive breakfast dish!) and for me, on our first morning I thought I would try the Green Eggs and Ham (being a Dr Seuss fan!).

The food came direct to our table after a short wait. My wife's looked very healthy and delicious. Mine was hidden between two slices of sourdough toast, so I pulled it back to reveal an omelette incorporating fresh basil (hence, green eggs) along with Nueske Ham and red onion. The picture that I took of it doesn't make it look very appealing, but believe me the taste was fantastic! Very, very tasty indeed!

On our second morning, my wife ordered the exact same dish (she had really enjoyed it the first time around), whereas I am more adventurous, an although I was really impressed with the Green Eggs and Ham, I wanted to try something different, so I went for the Special Scramble (eggs) of collard greens, with bacon, cheese, onion and garlic with a round of sourdough toast (and some strawberry jam on the side) and with a drink of fresh pineapple ginger lime juice (which was intense and memorable!). I loved my drink, the scramble was good but didn't match the Green Eggs and Ham.
I just wish we had discovered this place on our first morning in NOLA, in which case we could have enjoyed four breakfast's here!

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Every visit is a treat - feels very healthy - great breakfast and lunch combos - lots of fancy drinks like luscious beer lemonade- and an outside garden - worth the wait

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Loved this place! It's so cute! Love the art on the walls and they have this amazing little corner with a TON of children's books!!!!!! The food was exactly what we needed to start a full day in NOLA. I had the green eggs and Ham on the everything bagel. It was delicious!! We also tried the house juices while there. Definitely worth it! Staff was nice and friendly! Will be going back here when in the area again.