“Really good boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Puerto vallarta
“Really good boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

It has modern ample rooms, very clean and good service (boutique style). recommended for those that do not want to stay in the french quarter, but would like to be 5 min walking distance and like small hotels

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aploj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Wanted to stay a bit off the "big hotel grid" and Loft 523 was my ticket. Had a room on the 3rd floor, it was huge, modern and very very loft like. Bed was super comfortable, had a docking station for my iphone, fast free internet, dual shower heads, excellent design. Perfectly located ( right off canal ) on a quite street (gravier ) - Definitely a must stay if your into boutique hotels..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Orinyc
dislocated american
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a prebirthday celebration during January 2011. I made SURE to get a room on the 4th floor in order to avoid the noise from the club downstairs. I should have also requested the back of the building. Even from the 4th floor, the thumping music can be heard.
The staff consists of one person per shift that watches over the lobby. Every single time we walked through the lobby the "personal assistant" had ear buds in. It seemed futile to try to talk to a person with ear buds in. The decor is minimalistic, modern and very well thought out, but I think thats where the planning stopped.
There is a definite odor in the hallways and lobby. I understand old buildings have issues, but inscense is NOT the answer. The smell when you arrive is sickenly sweet. The room, however, was odor free.
Shower was equipped with two heads, and great tile, but no water pressure.
There was not a soda machine on the property. I was told to "go to the restaurant on the corner."
If you drive, be prepared for $30 daily valet. It cant be avoided.
Good points: The location is awesome. The beds are comfy. The decor is cool and trendy. The electronics in the room are new and modern.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel to a young crowd. If you need a full service hotel : (room service, ice buckets, a cocktail at 5 pm) skip it and stay at the sister property, the International House.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank milotravels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at Loft 523 on a trip to NOLA for the Po Boy Fest. We loved every detail of our loft and were blown away by the size and sleek decor. Upon entry through a hammered copper door, we saw the large bathroom complete with a super-mod Italian tub. The bedroom had a king bed on one side and a sitting area with a separate space for the desk on the other side. Just when we thought this loft could not get any more spacious, we saw a door that lead out to a private patio area. We usually frequent Starwood hotels when we travel and this boutique hotel ranks right up there (or exceeds) any of the places we have stayed.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

From arrival to departure, Loft 523 proved to be the best choice we could've made. Though check-in is at 4, they allowed us early access to a lovely (HUGE) room. (Seriously, we could've thrown a rave in there it was so big.)

The loft was clean and had every amenity. Just as I was saying I should've brought my iPod sound dock, we noticed the room had one right next to the huge flat screen TV.

The bathroom was huge with an amazing shower. Everything was just as we like. The hotel also offered us a late check-out which we appreciated after taking in the N.O. nightlife.

GREAT city, GREAT hotel, GREAT experience

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

Pros:
*Rooms are BIG, modern and clean
*Staff is very friendly and welcoming
*Very comfortable bed and furniture in the room.

Cons:
*I felt like I was not hip or cool enough to stay here. There is definitely a hipster vibe.
*Lobby and elevator smell... bad. They burn incense 24/7 to try and cover the smell, but that just ends up smelling like incense and mold.
*Room we were given on first night had not been cleaned. Only other room left was the "rock you" room. The sounds was incredibly loud. To the point where the whole bed vibrated until about 4am. Zero sleep. Complained the next morning and were moved. However, was not refunded the difference in price of the room which was about $60 less than the one we booked.
*The shower is, at best, like two guys peeing on you. Probably the worst shower I have ever had in a hotel and I've stayed at some shoddy places across the globe. I never felt clean the whole time I was there.
*The free wifi didn't work the first or last day there and when it did work, it was SLOOOOOW.

On balance, I would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it. There are to many other similarly priced nice places close by that have better amenities and less noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jason M
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

If you like Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, you will love this place. The location is great for business and pleasure and the people are very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business