“Spacious and great location”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #120 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Spacious and great location”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The polished concrete floors and huge rooms give a cool and relaxing feel which is a great relief after a humid day in New Orleans. The aircon works well - keeps the temperature right without being noisy (sounds obvious but it's amazing how many hotels don't get this right).

Location is also great: a couple of blocks from the French Quarter so quiet in the evenings but still convenient for all the sights there, Canal Street, Charles St, local dining options, riverside, etc.

If I were forced to find fault, it would be with some of the housekeeping (amenities not replenished) and water pressure in the shower. But don't let this sway you - this is a great hotel with a lot of style and helped make our stay in New Orleans really special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel through a recommendation from a friend who had a wedding that weekend and once lived in NO. The rooms are incredibly spacious! You really do not feel as if you are in a hotel at all - definitely not your typical hotel experience and I used to be flight attendant and have stayed at a lot of hotels in my time.

The location is perfect - a couple blocks to Canal St., Bourbon, Magazine and French Quarter. Front desk staff is very helpful and accomodating.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the shower - I loved the open concept but I did find that water splashed outside of the shower on the floor quite a bit since there were dual showerheads (still loved that feature though). The large tub is just as pictured - pure perfection! Bed was very comfy and we had a nice view as well. Also, just know you are staying in the heart of downtown so parking will be challenging unless you opt for valet.

I would stay here again and highly recommend this gem!

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room - get a room with a soaking tub if they have one available, it's amazi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I couldn't imagine a better hotel to stay at in New Orleans. The location was fantastic - a beautiful neighborhood close to innumerable amazing restaurants and bars. The room was giant, incredible bathtub, super comfortable bed - better than anything we expected. The staff was friendly, welcoming and constantly available. I would never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna B
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a stay here for a last minute getaway over Memorial Day weekend. We got a very good rate through hotels.com and I don't think we could have possibly expected more room for the money. It is very trendy and modern, so if you are looking for a more traditional New Orleans hotel, this place isn't for you. However, if you are looking for a place that is very clean, hip, and quiet it is perfect. It is far enough from The French Quarter to have some peace, but close enough to walk anywhere within 15 minutes. I hate for word to spread too quickly about this place, as I want there to be availability next time we head to New Orleans for a couples weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the elevator if possible as you can hear a decent bit of hallway traffic...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank findinggood
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights after extensive research of hotels in New Orleans. This was my first trip to this city and wanted it to be a memorable one. As all travelers can attest to, where we lay our head amidst the chaos and excitement of travel, is impertive to our overall comfort and satisfaction that where we choose to stay meets our expectations. I read review after review about Loft 523 and every detail of the positive feedback was true. I loved the large room and the comfort of the bed, the staff was incredibly helpful and went out of their way (literally) to give me whatever it was that I needed. One employee went into the garage where they parked my car to get my cup for me! Who does that? All I can say is this will be the ONLY hotel I will stay in when I visit New Orleans again, without question. It's seemingly hidden in the narrow and winding streets of the city, but all gems must be found, right? It's the best well kpet secret. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica W
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is a sister hotel to International House around the corner. I was upgraded to the "Tranquility" room on check-in (not sure if there is much difference in rooms). The room was massive with an office area, sitting area and plenty of room for the large comfortable king bed. The en-suite was also massive. Separate shower and cool tub. Free encryted WiFi. Great TV at foot of the bed plus DVD and CD player with speakers throughout the room. They even provided three jazz CD's for listening. My room had a private deck with table and chairs though the view was of a fence and the brick wall of the building. Did not give it 5 stars as no lounge or restaurant directly in the hotel though we used the fabulous lounge at the International House. Had an assortment of interesting characters at the front desk depending on time of day. All were very helpful though. They do give you a bit of a hard time if you have to change your itinerary ("oh, gotta check with the manager" kinda thing. They also have a 24 hour cancellation policy rather than the usual 4:00 pm but perhaps all NO hotels do this(?). There was a an issue with billing at time of check out (charged me highest rate for extra nights that had been booked at lower rate) but this was very quickly fixed up. Would stay again though may try International House first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank VoyagerFromTheNorth
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Loft 523 and when they say hidden gem they mean it. The front desk staff was warm and inviting and upgraded us to one of the penthouse suites and it was the best hotel we have stayed at on our cross country trip. The room was very modern and stylized. It was clean and comforting...so much so we wanted to stay an extra day. Cheers to Loft 523 as it was an amazing experience!!!

Room Tip: Hit up the penthouse. You wont be dissapointed!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple