WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Loft 523 New Orleans

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #121 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Metairie, Louisiana
“We loved it & we definitely will be back.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Service received was above what was expected,,staff was knowledgable about area,restaurants & very helpful with request..
hotel was very romantic & sheek, bring bubble bath awsome tub....

....... areunvus@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hip, modern design with huge rooms and luxurious bath.
Downtown location makes it an easy walk to the French Quarter, yet it's away from the crowds.
Very easy, relaxed, modern and cool.
Only drawback there are no services:
No restaurant, no room service, just basic great style.

Room Tip: Upper floors away from the bar
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank joanna2648
Madison, MS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This is really a cool place, with great rooms and bathrooms large and awesome. Stayed here a few times, but will have to strongly reconsider next time. The "music system" was broken and dirty in all of the rooms we stayed in (we moved at least twice). The little things have not had attention paid to them - the sort of things that are easy to do, like remotes that work and things being clean. The real issue here is noise. This place is tucked away on a side street that seems like the perfect place to get away. But the nightclub below is preposterously loud, and goes on for the better part of the night. You cannot sleep, even after being out yourself and being tired. There were no rooms we moved to that didn't vibrate with a constant base that couldn't be covered up, even with earplugs. We were moved to the top far end of the hotel and still heard and felt it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

I'm a budget traveler for sure. So when I found a great deal on the stylish-looking Loft 523, I was pretty excited for a change of pace from the usual type of hotel I stay in (the kind where you try to spend as little time as possible in the room).

My hubby and I loved New Orleans and we loved this hotel. It was located within walking distance from the bus stop (we took the public bus from the airport). We were able to check in at about 10:30am after our red-eye flight from CA. We immediately loved the concrete floors and modern furniture.

Later that night, about 1am, after returning from partying in the French Quarter, we discovered why they call it the "We Will Rock You" room - the noisy bar below was indeed noisy. But guess what? When we discovered the I-pod dock next to the flat-screen TV, we suddenly didn't care anymore. The speakers ROCKED, i think there was even a subwoofer! We played our tunes over the noise of the bar and had a blast.

We were so sad to check out. This place even SMELLED good. I could live there! The staff was very polite and helpful.

Our only slightly negative experience was the second night when we visited the attached bar, LePhare, to use the credit they gave us (I am guessing they give the "We Will Rock You" guests bar credit so they don't complain about the noise from the bar below). The manager kept making us move (3 times) so he could accomodate other parties. We asked how many times we would be asked to move and he gave us some attitude. But whatever, free drinks, so how can I complain (although I'm sure that's what he was thinking too).

Go, enjoy, soak it up! This place rocks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have nothing to but great things to say about this hotel for a couple coming down for a weekend in New Orleans. The modern rooms are great, very sleek, with an amazing bathroom. The room is affordable, but still quite large. Ours came with a patio which was nice. There is a loud nightclub in the lobby, but we couldn't hear it, I think it only affects one room so make sure to ask not for that one. Also, you're in New Orleans for fun anyways so who cares! Anyways, spend your money on booze and food and stay in this great little boutique hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the one with the patio.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I just returned from a business trip I had to NOLA and after reading reviews was a little hesitant to see what my experience would bring. I am pleased to say that I had a great stay. I was on the third floor and was blown away by the size of the room. The Whole Foods snack options were great. The front desk was always helpful and pleasant. I never heard this night club that folks complain about. The Aveda products were also a nice touch. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Evanston, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was very unhappy with my stay at Loft 523 and had to leave and check into another hotel in the middle of the night. The "bar" that is on the first floor is actually a very loud nightclub. (note that "nightclub" is the word the front desk worker used at Loft's partner hotel, the International House) And the bar is open only on the weekends. I chose to stay in the Deluxe Suite, and not the cheaper "Loft Will Rock You" suite precisely because of my concern about the noise. What they do not tell you is that all of the rooms are exposed to the noise. I returned to my room at 1 a.m. and the music was very very loud. I could use earplugs but I still heard the base. When I called downstairs to see if I could switch rooms, the receptionist and I both had to yell in the phone to hear each other above the music from the bar. I finally checked out and left the hotel for another place in the middle of the night because the noise was so annoying.
If you don't mind the noise this place is an okay place to stay. It is sleek and the monochromatic coloring is soothing to the eye. But there were definitely some stains on the lamp shades, curtains and floor, and hair in the bathroom so it did not feel completely clean. And this was particularly disturbing since the decor is all off white.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business