“2 great tours in nola”

Ranked #1 of 223 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the only name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Learn much more than just Bourbon Street on our French Quarter Tour, about the well-heeled and their mansions on our Garden District Tour. Learn about New Orleans peculiar burial grounds on our St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour. Foodies will love our food tours and everyone will get spooked on our New Orleans ghost tours. We now also offer bike tours and soon photography and bus tours. You decide what a tour was worth after the tour is finished. Pay-what-you-like tours are great tours for every budget.
Houston, Texas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“2 great tours in nola”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We found this company on trip advisor & decided on a tour of the french quarter & garden district/cemetary. Joe was the guide for the french quarter tour and he gave a great tour packed with lots of info not only on the quarter but also on some good restaurants to eat. There wasn't much walking involved but he told us lots of cool stuff. Highy recommend this tour. Scully was the guide for the garden tour. We started in the cemetary where we spent about 45 minutes. Really interesting to learn why they bury folks this way & lots of insight on the tombs. We spent the next hour walking around the garden district passing by houses owned by the famous and not so famous. We even had an owner stop to chat as he was leaving for the day. Again another nice tour. Even though they say this is a free tour, we did tip the guide for their great tours. We noticed not everyone did which was a shame.

2 Thank SGCAVER12

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
“French Quarter Tour with Kate”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This tour was one of the highlights to my husband and I's New Orleans tour. We were privileged have Kate as our tour guide for the french quarter tour. She was not only so sweet and adorable but very knowledgeable with a twist of charm. Kate made the tour very exciting in that she brought her Women's history background and love for history. Her personality made for so much fun and desire for more info. This is a tour that many people we asked did not know about. I hope they make themselves more known, for this tour of the french quarters and the others they have may bump many of the other cazillion tours that are going on in New Orleans.

Waco, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to learn more about New Orleans”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We took both the French Quarter Tour (with Joe) and the Ghost Tour (with Joanne). Both were extremely interesting and fun. The guides were great story tellers who love sharing about the city! They were also helpful in pointing our other attractions and giving restaurant advice. I would definitely recommend these tours!

1 Thank Erin H
Dallas, Texas, United States
“New Orleans in a day...”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took 3 tours in one day. It was all I had available and I wasn't sure if I would ever get back. I took the Garden District tour with Sarah, the French Quarter tour with Joe, and the Ghost tour with Melissa. All knew their subject matter thoroughly and presented the information from different aspects. Unexpectedly, I gained insight to New Orleans culture, history, and lore. There was no way I would have gathered all of this information on my own. It was obvious that the guides enjoyed their subject matter and this enjoyment spread to their group members. I was greatly relieved that the ghost tour was treated with dignity and respect rather than theatrics and poor taste. The walking is broken up with chances to perch and rest while the guide discribes the area they have stopped in. The pace is leisurely and comfortable even for me - who is overweight and out of shape!

In addition to local points of interest, the guides were able to recommend places to eat for all budgets, provide information on local public transportation, location of restroom facilities, and even sights to be sure we caught outside of the tour. On all three tours, when the guide found out something of interest to one of the group members they brought out aspects of the tour that may be of particular interest to that person.

I recommend Free Tours by Foot to everyone I get a chance to talk to. I will certainly look them up whenever I travel!

Newport Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All you need to know about ghosts.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our tour was very informative. Joanne gave us all the facts and then sent our imagination out of this word by describing the actions of the real ghosts. The walk was not difficult and was peppered with other facts of the area going between ghostly locations. Do not miss this and be sure you ask for JOANNE. She has personal contact with the ghosts.

1 Thank indianbrave