“Awesome tours of French Quarter and Garden District/Lafayette Cemetery”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
Ranked #3 of 53 Food & Drink in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the only name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Learn much more than just Bourbon Street on our French Quarter Tour, about the well-heeled and their mansions on our Garden District Tour. Learn about New Orleans peculiar burial grounds on our St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour. Foodies will love our food tours and everyone will get spooked on our New Orleans ghost tours. We now also offer bike tours and soon photography and bus tours. You decide what a tour was worth after the tour is finished. Pay-what-you-like tours are great tours for every budget.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My sister and I took two tours with this company - first the French QUarter, and then the Garden District/Lafayette Cemetery. Our guides were knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable. They didn't mind how many questions I asked, and even gave out their cell numbers to everyone in the group so we could ask questions later in our trip. I asked one question to our guide Joe, and he didn't know the answer. He spent two days searching for it and texted me what he found! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a good tour at a great price :)

1  Thank Danya M
Write a ReviewReviews (4,044)
All reviews
"bring water"
in 40 reviews
"food tour"
in 71 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 63 reviews
in 73 reviews
"jackson square"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really enjoyed the Garden District and cemetery tour. Our guide Sarah was fantastic. She knows her New Orleans history and you can tell she loves her job. The next time we are in New Orleans we will try another tour with this company.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I enjoy taking history tours, so we checked out the Free Tours By Foot for both the Garden District and the French Quarter -- one in the morning, the other in the afternoon. Both were fantastic, with knowledgable, friendly and conversational guides. The French Quarter tour, with Kate as our guide, stood out as one of the best we've had in years -- and we go on at least a few per year. I marked "No" for the Fee, since the fee isn't required, but be sure to bring some cash to tip your tour guide. They definitely deserve it.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I took the French Quarter tour with Kate and the Garden District tour with Sarah. I found both of these tour guides to be passionate and knowledgeable and clearly both love the city. They kept my attention for the full two hours with their information and stories. Both tours were great and showed two very different parts of the city.

You have nothing to lose..... book these tours! If you don't like it then you don't have to tip them. However with the right guide I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Ally8_12
See more reviews
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This will be remembered as The Highlight of a vacation with alot of highlights. I give the credit for this to historian Sarah Hester's irreverent, highly entertaining and, I believe, quite factual raconteur style. Sure, you can find a lot of information about NOLA in histories, guidebooks, and current periodicals. But with Sarah, you get the unwritten history, lovingly and respectfully told, and is it ever fun! Top marks for enthusiasm and encyclopedic knowledge about New Orleans, the Lafayette Cemetery, and Garden District then and now. I'll be returning for update tours and bringing friends with me. And if she guides tours of other parts of the city, I'm so signing up.