“Wonderful Experience!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Tomas Bistro is an upscale event venue located in one of New Orleans most exciting and fashionable neighborhoods, the Warehouse District. In a city that takes entertaining so seriously, Tomas Bistro is a local favorite.
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Purchased the Groupon, and decided to take my Mother there for her Birthday. Even without the Groupon Tomas Bistro will be a place I will return. We ordered the Crabmeat Au gratin for our our appetizer which was delicious and a cup of Oyster and Articoke soup which was amazing that just thinking about it my mouth is watering. For our entrees my mother order the Pecan Crusted Fish, which was a Puppy Drum, my mom truly love it. I ordered the Rack of Lamb which was cooked perfectly, it melted in your mouth, the creamed potatoes where delicious and complimented the dish. For dessert we had the chantilly cream, fresh fruit stuffed Crepes they were good, not to sweet but truly we were so full that we couldn't have eaten a rich and heavy desert.

Also, I want to say to the owner Mr. Tommy Andrade. Thank you for making my mothers birthday extra special. It was a pleasure meeting you and my mother was overly impressed especially when you showed us the entire restaurant and all your beautiful Christmas decorations. I plan to make this a regular dining experience. Love it!! :)

1  Thank MaCherieAmor

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Tomas Bistro. All the food we ordered was excellent, from the appetizer to the desert. The atmosphere was nice as well. We had a great deal with a Groupon - but even without the Groupon the prices are very reasonable for the quality food you're getting.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful. It has a lovely atmosphere and decor. It's a little less than a mile from the French Quarter. My sister and I traveled together, but it would be a perfectly romantic spot for a date night. Service was excellent. We had the crawfish and goat cheese crepes, which were incredible. We each got a special-- veal and filet. The meat was perfectly cooked. We shared the poached pear dessert-- We highly recommend this for a refreshing, light dessert-- delicious! We cannot think of a single negative thing about this place. Even the bathrooms impressed us. This place is a must!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went here with a Groupon while in NOLA for a conference.
We had a wonderful experience!
The staff was knowledgeable and attentive, and our food and cocktails were outstanding.
Highly recommend the Bouillabaisse and the Manhattans

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My fave part about Tomas Bistro is the ambience. Super romantic. The appetizers (crawfish & goat cheese crepes and crab au gratin) stood out above any other course. Cocktails were also delicious...potent & yummy. Unfortunately, a portion of my entree (pecan crusted drum) was overcooked...I was able to eat 2/3 of it, but the remainder was extremely tough... so tough, in fact, that it actually could not even be cut with my fork. All other dishes were excellent, including the amaretto cheesecake, so I definitely plan on returning.