“Save Your Money!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Save Your Money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was so excited to get my palm read. Boy! Was I disappointed! I lost complete confidence in my palm reader when he told me I was going to have grandchildren. I don't even have children! Then he was convinced either myself or my husband had been married before. We've been married almost 40 years and never once before. The only thing he told me that was true was that I was a Type A personality. Once he found out that was right he RAN with it. The rest of the reading was telling me how anal I am. I already knew that. Like I said. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deanna P

Edmonton, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“DO NOT ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Appeared to be a really interesting place but upon entry, it is apparent they don't really want you in there. Everywhere there are signs saying do not touch, do not take photographs, do not open the books, do not, do not, do not .... DO NOT GO THERE!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank coldasicequeen
Cincinnati, Ohio
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“eh, it was ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The store itself is very small with so much to browse which was very overwhelming. It was crowded so everyone just got in each other's way. I didn't have any problems with rude staff as other reviewers wrote. I did buy a skelton key necklace and the guy who makes them took the time out to explain each one to me. The beads on the necklace are cheap plastic which takes away from the beauty and purpose of the necklace. I think he should invest more into it, charge more for the necklace and use crystals or glass beads. It would definately add more charm and character to the necklace. I would probably go back again when I'm in town but I don't have high expectations on my experience there like I think most people did when stopping in.

Visited August 2012
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very Rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My son and I went in there to look around, the place is small and not a lot of stuff to choose from, but what really made it bad was the female behind the counter who was VERY rude, I got so mad we left without making a purchase. You work in retail lady, learn some people skills! Unless you like dealing with rude help I wouldnt advise going there.

Visited June 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Hmm...I wonder if I was in the same Marie Laveau shop...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

...as the other reviewers? We stopped by last week, shortly after the doors were opened and were pleasantly surprised by the young gal that worked behind the counter as well as the intricacy and detail to attention paid to the altars, displays, and art work.

There were other people in there as well, all of us tourists and all of us pretty much stood out. I don't imagine that any voodoo priestess or priest worth their salt even ventures into that tourist trap but it was a fun and educating tourist trap! :o) It seems like the "Wal Mart" of voodoo supplies and relics but we did pick up a couple of very cool tshirts.

Everything you would want, everything your imagination has ever told you that voodoo is or is not, is in that store. We were not allowed to go all the way to the back because apparently that area is roped off unless there is someone back there reading cards.

It is dark, messy and not an easy place to venture inside of, especially if you are physically handicapped but it was still pretty cool. The young, overly tattooed, overly pierced but friendly young gal at the register was helpful and professional. Not sure who the other folks had the misfortune to be served by but I hope they 'yelped' their experiences.

The only bummer is that you are not allowed to take pics and there are a ton of marvelous oddities and such inside the store, but them's the rules right? Go early to avoid the heat because it doesn't seem as though they have AC and in the evening there is a security guard standing by the door...I was like WTH? Is this a tattoo parlor, dance club or a voodoo shop?

Visited June 2012