“Very nice place to stay”

Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Ranked #67 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a very large hotel, the entrance is a little misleading. The staff is very friendly and you are greeted by multiple people as you enter. Check in is very fast and you can do it yourself if you choose. You have a take an escalator up to level three to get to the elevators to your room. They have a swipe system for the elevators, swipe your room key and the system tells you what elevator to wait for. It's not hard to get lost, but they do have plenty of signs to tell you where things are located. The breakfast buffet is excellent and only $15 and the staff is also excellent. You are sitting in the atrium when at their main restaurant and they had the fans running, which by the way are 32 floors above you...but they are so loud you can barely hear the person next to when trying to talk. They ran for about the first 30 minutes we were there and finally shut down. It's also only a 5 minute walk to a grocery store and another 10 to be downtown for the restaurants and shops...you really do not need a car for this location. The rooms are very comfortable but the AC system is way too loud and constantly cycles on/off as I guess it cannot maintain the room temp too well (set on 72). You do get a small fridge and safe in the room and there are plenty of outlets for all of your electronics. The cleaning staff is also very nice and very accommodating. Might seem a bit pricey for the rooms especially with all the taxes on top of the room rate which pushed our room to almost $280 per night but I guess you get what you pay for. If this is in your budget I would recommend this Hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better view of the area..you are right next to the Superdome of the Saints
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,120)

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Took my Daughter and Grandchildren to New Orleans to put them on a train, and we wanted a good, clean Hotel in close proximity to the train station. After much research and deliberation, we went with the Hyatt Regency. Fantastic choice. Only blocks from Union Station, but also blocks from the French Quarter and all that it has to offer! Hotel was immaculately appointed and the staff treats you like royalty. It did take me a few minutes to master the "smart elevator" system, but my Grandkids just saw that as Papa being his usual self! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency New Orleans as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to New Orleans.

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. I am so glad you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

With the hospitality industry so competitive in New Orleans, reviewed websites such as Trip Advisor are extremely important to us. For this reason, and with my sincerest gratitude, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We look forward to you returning with the rest of your family on your next visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is huge. Was there for a meeting- the food provided was not very good.
Had lunch in the restaurant and it was OK- they had everything from sushi to pizza.
The rooms are terrible. My air conditioner sounded like a jet engine and came on every few minutes, so sleep was next to impossible. The bathroom had literally NO AIR......to dry my long hair I had to go out into the room.....which had NO MIRROR. I had the staff find a small round 6-inch mirror for me to use, but really it is ridiculous to not put a mirror above the desk or something. There was a long mirror next to the door, with electrical plug too far away to use to get ready.
I would never stay here- after drying hair in bathroom I was sweating and needed another shower.
Would only come if I was going to a football game- it is next to the Superdome,

Room Tip: stay in the main tower and not on the side overlooking Superdome
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Susiewoozie12

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. Our guest's feedback is very important to us. I am disappointed to hear that you had some opportunities throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with an amazing product and outstanding customer service.

Some of the issues that you have pointed out are being addressed. We are replacing the air conditioning units in the hotel to minimize the noise that you spoke of. We are also looking to install mirrors in the guest rooms specifically due to the opportunity that you pointed out.

At your convenience, I would like to here more details regarding your stay. I can be reached at mysheka.battiste@hyatt.com. I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is ideal for business conferences where you are not spending much time in the room. Long story short, we had to move and change rooms 3 times (weird odors, non working showers, leaking faucets and dirty rooms). The staff tries and most are nice, but it's like they are in another world.

Pool was undesirable as well as the fitness center. Again, this hotel is a convention type of hotel and stay. I guess having an indoor Starbucks is a plus. Will not be back.

Room Tip: Wish I could give you tips, but we had issues in ALL the floors. The 19th floor was alright.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel was HUGE and walking distance from the French Quarter. The staff was extremely friendly and very welcoming. To top it off, the rooms were very clean and the workout room had an incredible view! Whether you are traveling by yourself, with a significant other, or your family, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room- it was very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texlex8

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I am so glad you enjoyed the view from our fitness center. It's truly one of the best views in the city.

With the hospitality industry so competitive in New Orleans, reviewed websites such as Trip Advisor are extremely important to us. For this reason, and with my sincerest gratitude, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

First, thank you Harold, at the front desk for finding a king room for us when it seemed none were available. We appreciate your extra time & loved the room. You need a Gold Star! We had a nice weekend in NOLA, despite the rain. The Hyatt is lovely, and huge! The atrium view is great. The elevators are interesting since you scan to see which one you need instead of just pushing a button. We found Block 8 to provide good service for a quick drink & bite. We decided to use street parking instead of valet, and it was convenient for us especially with the rain. This location is a bit of a trek to the FQ but cabs are there. We went to the Oyster Festival and had a oyster pie from Borgne, the Besh restaurant onsite. It was great & we wished we had not made previous reservations elsewhere. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. You came at a wonderful time. Oyster fest is one of the best festivals of the year.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very good centralized hotel. French Quarter is within walking distance and there is a street car stop across the street. Nice saltwater outdoor pool. Restaurants are fine, but bar does close at 12:30am even on weekends. Friday and Saturday there is live music. The hotel is very large and you need to take escalator/elevator to get to the level to even get to another set of elevators to get to the rooms. Would not hesitate to visit again.

Room Tip: Paying an extra $40 per night will get to access to the Regency Club for free snacks, beverages and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family