Hyatt Regency New Orleans
  • Restaurant
$392
$349
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$170
$150
$116
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$152
$215
$194
Courtyard
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$343
$170
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
4,276 results
All reviewssuper domevitascope hallfrench quartersmoothie king centermercedes benz superdomehuge hotelroom keyconvention hotelsaints gamebeautiful hotelhurricane katrinacab rideattending a conferencerestaurants and barscorner roomfitness centerbusiness district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is absolutely breathtaking in its size and beauty. It is newly renovated and it is impressive. Beautiful lobby, terrific restaurant and bar, impressively updated bedrooms. At every turn was a chance to say "Wow, they went all out."

I stayed for business, so can't comment on the price point, although I do know it is a tad on the expensive side, and the restaurant and bar follows suit.

Location wise...I don't think this is where most people think of when they think New Orleans. It's about three quarters of a mile from French Quarter Bourbon St, in a more business district. I think if you're looking for walks in the French Quarter and would prefer to be closer to the action, Hyatt French Quarter would be a better bet. But if you're in the market for a beautiful hotel away from the noise of Bourbon St, this hotel is absolutely spectacular.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Upon check-in, I was talked into upgrading to a suite because of the number in my group. Keep in mind, I booked two rooms with two queen beds in each for 7 adults. Check-in took around thirty minutes so we were given a voucher for two free drinks in the bar. We were told at check in by a gentleman named Cao that the suite would have some couches, a king bed and an adjoining room with two queen beds. We were also told that there would be two roll away beds sent up. When we walked in to our room, we found no king bed. This was at about 3:15 and we had to be at a wedding in Jackson Square at 4 so I didn't have time to argue. After the wedding, I made a phone call to management during the reception. I was told that the roll away beds would be sent up and was given a $50 credit on my account. Got back to the room after the night's festivities and no beds had been brought up. Took forever to convince someone to bring them up. Next night we get back to the room and housekeeping had dropped off towels but didn't take the dirty ones or make up the beds! This morning my mom got up very early for Starbucks and when she returned her key would not unlock the door. She went down to the front desk and they gave her a new key that still didn't work. This time they said security would let her in but 30 minutes later she was still locked out. When it was time to leave, we called down for a bell hop but a machine answered and said they weren't currently taking calls. This was 10:00 am. At this point I was furious because I had spent right at $1,000 on this hotel. I went down and spoke with management and let them know what was going on. I was credited an additional $100 for my troubles and a was told a bell hop would meet me at the room. 30 minutes later we met the bell hop as we were getting our last load of luggage into the elevator. One last thing, stay away from Vitascope Hall! Service was horrible and everything was overpriced. I have stayed at all the big name hotels in New Orleans and they are heads above this place. I will NEVER stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ross T
Reviewed February 23, 2014

was here for a business meeting. rooms was nice, comfy. nothing too elaborate. view of super dome from elevators. my room only had view of parking garages. took taxi to french quarter but you probably could walk. elevator system a bit new fangled, took a little to get used to it. All in all a pleasant stay. good bars/ food right within the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights. A great and really large location.
The fitness room in 32nd floor is excellent with a great view.
The breakfast was $25, but it did offer a lot of various items, no wishes left.
Since the hotel buildings are really large, a lot of walking exercise is needed within the hotel (lobby - rooms - restaurant - etc ...). Was ok. for us.
It's 15 Minutes walking distance to the French Quarter, but this was ok. for us.
The only slight minus is a huge noisy (air condition ?) machine just beside the pool. Was no problem as long as the windows stay closed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency is very nice. Several onsite restaurants. Room is very clean. Bathroom is a bit small but not a problem. Good location directly across from the Superdome. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014