“Great for Super Dome game” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Ranked #64 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mobile, Alabama
“Great for Super Dome game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked rooms at the Hyatt Regency because we got a discounted travel rate to watch our local football team play in the Super Dome. The location is perfect for walking to the game and around town. We ate at the Vitascope Hall and had drinks at the bar. The service was great. We especially enjoyed the service from Eugene and enjoyed a very insightful conversation with him. We did have a single cup coffee maker in the room and coffee supplies, although after reading the reviews before the trip I had packed my own coffee maker and supplies. When we first arrived we were missing the shower curtain in our room. I called guest services and had one delivered and installed within 10 minutes. My only complaint was the $10 daily charge for in room wireless internet, which I think should be included in the price of such a luxury hotel. The elevators were easy to operate (in spite of what I had read). Since we parked in the Girod Street parking garage we entered the hotel on the 2nd floor. We had to carry our luggage down the escalator to the lobby to check in, then back up the escalator two floors to the elevator on the 3rd floor. The hotel looks new and very modern. Our room was very clean and quiet. We would stay again to attend a game at the super dome.

Room Tip: Park around the corner in Girod Street parking garage, which has elevator to 2nd floor of hotel. You...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a convention for almost a week. The room and location was fantastic and check in and out was extremely simple. Only issue was that there is no business center for the hotel. There is a fed ex that charges. Also the hotel is extremely maze like!!!! So it can be very difficult to navigate but after a few tries you seem to find your way ok. Other than that things were great. Great for partying or family time.

• Stayed September 2013
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went to New Orleans for a wedding and we found a deal on a travel site for $95 dollars a night a month prior to our trip.I want to clear that up because I have no idea how much a regular night in this room costs. When we got to the hotel we pulled to the front and parked, and later our vehicles were valet parked and the bellhops took our luggage out of the car and brought it into the hotel for us. Upon walking into the lobby we noticed how great it smelled. I told my nephew as we walked in "This place smells rich!" lol. The lobby was spacious and beautiful. I pulled out my tablet and started taking pictures, and also was able to access their Wi-Fi in the lobby. Once we got assigned our room, the bell hop took us on a journey up to our room on the 24th floor. We went up an escalator up to the 2nd floor, then up another escalator to the 3rd floor. We passed some restaurants, a bar, a club, and there was also a "convenience store" inside. We accessed the elevator by swiping our key and was directed to wait at a certain elevator, and it opened. Once on the elevator we noticed that it was glass,so we could see everyone on the way up. It went very fast,so it did not take long to get to our room. We walked in the room and there were 2 full sized beds, a nightstand with a radio,a long table, a desk with a flat screen "Smart TV" on it, and a wonder view of the city.Room Service is also available at this hotel, and there is a mini fridge available in the room. Now there were some things that I noticed that may make some people not give the hotel an "excellent" rating. First Wi-Fi is NOT available in the room for free. You can access it in the lobby and at Starbucks on the 3rd floor at no cost,but in the room, for standard use it is $9.95.The room size itself was a little small, compared to some cheaper hotels that I have been to.The room was really cold,then it would get hot again,I think it is because of where the vent was positioned on the wall.If you have a problem walking long distances,this may not be the hotel for you, because it is massive!!And the "convenience store" had some outrageous prices for bottled water $4.00, and a little bag of chips was like 2-3 dollars. The good thing is there is a "Rouses" supermarket right down the street,so if you stop over there and stock up on beverages and snacks before you get to the hotel, you will be fine. I did not eat in any of the restaurants in the hotel,so I am not sure what the prices or quality of the food is.I know that one of the eateries is not open at all on the weekend.The hotel offers access to their workout room and a full sized pool,which since I told yall in my previous review that I was a "fattie", neither one of these were of intrest to me! Overall I had a wonderful experience and cannot wait to go back. If the regular price of the hotel rooms is not in your budget, I would suggest you go on Orbitz, Bookit,or Expedia to get a rate that may be more affordable.I think you will have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth W
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Spent 6 days at this very lush hotel for a conference. Place was huge and elegant. Easy access to French Quarter and other amenities. Food in individual breakout sessions was good but buffet food was so so. Cons: rooms were freezing, lines in all restaurants were very very long, price for items such as water $4 candy bar $3 was way to much

• Stayed September 2013
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and was very impressed. This hotel is very big. It reopened in 2011 and it is modern with very nice and spacious rooms. It's a bit nicer than your standard chain hotel.

The layout is a bit confusing. It's hard to find your way in and out. When I stayed, the Starbucks was overwhelmed with very, very long lines. The shop around the corner was a good alternative when I just didn't want to wait. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Housekeeping was very good, with plenty of towels. Water pressure was poor. It would have been nice to have a towel rack in the bathroom.

This hotel is right next to the Superdome, so keep in mind it will be full of people partying after the game. On the plus side, they were much more polite than Giants fans. I'm from NJ, so I speak from experience.

If I was visiting as a tourist, I would pick a hotel closer to the French Quarter. For business travel, this is a good pick, with good wifi and very comfortable rooms. It's also very clean and well-maintained.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco/Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is our second viist to the Hyatt Regency New Orleans near the SuperDome.
It is a big busy hotel but from the time you arrive in your car, limo or bus from the airport, there are plenty of personnel to greet you, get your bags out of the car and keep you moving to check-in.
Despite the many many people to check in, again enough personnel to get you checked in and moving through the big big beautiful lobby and up to your rooms.
I like the elevator system where you swipe your key and it sends you to an elevator bank to your room floor area. In that way, there are not people roaming all over the place just people in you room area.
Speaking of the room, they are first class. Big televisions and most of your operations can be accessed from the television system.
This time we were on the 15th floor with a great grand view of a wide area. The only slight problem was we were across from the SuperDome and they were having an event in the morning and we heard them.
But, I did not want to give up my view!!!
The train to the French Quarter is out from and for $3 you can get an all day pass. You could not get loss.
Everybody is very friendly always giving you directions if you feel lost.
When in New Orleans, I would like to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Think about if you want to be on the side of the SuperDome. They might be having an event.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Taos, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had problems with the housekeeping staff (room wasn't made up when we checked in0 our room. Housekeeper said she'd ne there right away but no show. Front desk staff were great; helped us change rooms.

The elevators were designed by MC Escher; it took a few days to sort them out!

Pillows were very large and hard. Ended up not using them.

Location not so great for me. I walk with crutches so the French Quarter required a cab. That said, most places we went were reasonable cab fares.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business