Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
$384
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$249
$385
$299
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$272
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$249
$223
$269
  • Fitness center
$332
$265
4,272 results
All reviewssuper domevitascope hallfrench quartersmoothie king centermercedes benz superdomehuge hotelroom keyconvention hotelsaints gamebeautiful hotelhurricane katrinacab rideattending a conferencerestaurants and barscorner roomfitness centerbusiness district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for a large conference. Hotel is very large, nice & overall clean. Conference services, catering, etc was all good. The staff is very friendly, especially in the Regency Club Lounge. The restaurant "Borgne" is very good for lunch.

The bed was very comfortable, But the A/C in the room was very loud and would turn on & off often at night. It's surprising that the A/C is so loud considering the rooms wee renovated. One day the room was never cleaned, had to call at 5pm to have maid service. Other days maid came, but garbage wasn't emptied or cleaned too well.

Pool is just OK. There is some type of large compressors nearby that are extremely loud and make it difficult to relax.

Regency Club Lounge was very nice, breakfast was good, but the rest of the day the food / snack selection were lacking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HowTraveler
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is a lot nicer than I expected and I enjoyed my stay there. It's a typical Hyatt regency regarding size, layout, service etc., but Hyatt did a great job remodeling it recently, as it feels brand new and is a lot more modern and nice than other HRs I have been to.

I really liked the elevator system and didn't understand the complaints from other reviews. It is very efficient and easy to use. It lets you know which elevator you would be taking so you don't have to keep looking around, and no need to touch any button. Wish more hotels would be using similar system. There are signs and even videos showing the guest how to use the system, if you couldn't figure it out on your own.

Sure it's a little far from the lobby, but I don't think the distance and walk is any worse than any other mega hotel.

The room is modern and clean and feels new. All public areas are well maintained and staff are very friendly.

There are a few things I didn't like. The room is not well insulated, regarding to both heat and sound. At night, you have to keep AC running otherwise the room will be in high 70s in a few minutes. You can hear all the noise from the street and nearby construction even on the 20th floor. I had a walk-in closet in the corner room, which faces west and has no blind, so the afternoon sun baked everything in it.

The regency club is new and nice, but the food offering is very poor. I used to have breakfast in the club but had to go somewhere else during the stay here. The fitness center is small. It's on the 32nd floor while the pool is somewhere on the 5th, which is quite inconvenient if you like to do both.

Overall it's a very nice hotel. Just make sure you choose a high floor room. The view to superdome is nice but I would suggest a room on the east side for less noise and heat.

Room Tip: high floor and on the east side. the regency club is overrated if you have to pay for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bmguan
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice staff & very helpful. Trolley is right outside of the hotel for convenience. 15- 20 minute walk to French Quarters.The only down side is there is no complimentary coffee but they have a starbucks on site & you have to pay for internet. Great comfortable beds & pillows, I was a little upset that we stayed in the older wing but it turned out to be fine. Very modern and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: go for the city view instead of pool with balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great hotel! My fiance and I are huge fans of New Orleans and chose to celebrate our anniversary there. The hotel has recently been remodeled and is absolutely beautiful. Here's some quick facts:

- The hotel provides a way to self check-in and check-out. Super convenient if there's a long line.

- The elevators can be a bit confusing at first. There's a touch screen dial pad instead of an up/down button. You select your floor and it directs you to which elevator you need to take. You also have the option of pressing your room key to the sensor on the dial pad. This will take you straight to your room's floor.

- The are several restaurants on site and most are great. My fiance and I really enjoyed the 24/7 market (room service ends at 12am so if you're hungry at around 2am from a crazy night on Bourbon this is the place to go for a quick sandwich or pastry). The Starbucks inside is also really convenient if you're a coffee junky like I am. The only downside to the restaurants for us was 8 Block Kitchen & Bar. We planned on partaking in their breakfast buffet on our last day. When we arrived at 10am and were seated, and proceeded to order our waitress informed us that the buffet was closed and they were preparing for lunch. This annoyed us a bit since all of the information on the restaurant informs you that the breakfast buffet is open until 11am. However we shrugged it off and ordered from the traditional menu. I ordered the shrimp eggs benedict BLT sandwich and my fiance ordered eggs and ham. After waiting what seemed a long time for such a simple meal, I was disappointed when I received my sandwich and there wasn't a single shrimp in sight. Not one to complain much and on a short time schedule, we shrugged it off and paid for our meal. However my fiance and I both agree if we could go back in time we would have chosen to get up early and head down to the quarter for something else.

- The fitness facility is very well appointed and clean

- The pool area is stunning and absolutely amazing. Definitely order a drink poolside!

- The hotel is incredibly close to the Superdome. If you're planning on visiting for a sports game this is the hotel for you.

- The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

- There is quite a long walk from the hotel to the french quarter. It's not unbearable and can be quite pleasant, but if you're visiting around the time we did (Late May/Early June) and it's hot outside, you may want to consider hiring a taxi or taking the Streetcar. It's a fairly easy walk should you decide to go that route so don't worry about getting lost.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely do so again. I'd recommend this hotel to guests who were hosting an event (wedding/social gathering/corporate) there are several amenities the cater to that type of clientele from several ballrooms and conference rooms, a FedEx on site and lots of business tools. Guests coming into town for a Saints game will also enjoy the hotels close proximity to the stadium and the sports themed bar inside. However, if your main area of focus is the french quarter I'd recommend skipping this one and instead choose a place that's right in the heart of it all.

Room Tip: Hire a taxi to take you to the french quarter! It's much faster, inexpensive, and will save your feet a lot of heartache later.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel was very nice. Valet and bell service was efficient and the bellman got extra towels and ice for us right away. The front desk was efficient and professional.

The elevator system is very good--we only had another person in an elevator one time in two days. The direct service to your floor or to the lobby eliminated those pesky stop-and-go trops to every floor on the way up or down. Yes, the guest elevators are a bit of a walk from the front desk, but this is a huge hotel and it was not any longer than expected.

The room was nicely appointed and everything was in good order. It was very comfortable and we enjoyed our hours in the room relaxing as much as anything during this very hurried trip to New Orleans. The pizza delivery was efficient and the pizza and zita was very good. It was evn good cold the next morning!!

This is a hotel we may or may not return to due to the location being a bit away from the area we'd like to be in, but it was a good value for the rate we paid.

Room Tip: Buy water, snacks, sodas, etc. at the supermarket across the street. Saves a lot of money!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple